other

Is it Time for a Stan Social Network?

OMonster

Featured Posts

ryanripley
20 minutes ago, Moebius said:

I can't at people dissing stan culture while profiting from it all the time

giphy.gif

ALL fanbases are toxic, period. LM, Navy, ARMYs, BeyHive, Final Fantasy stans, Hunger Games stans, stans of basically ANYTHING will fight for their fave, it's just human nature. Take football fans for example.

People obsess over pop stars, movie stars, video games, anything from the entertainment industry. It's literally the purpose of it. People always have been obsessed with it, they just weren't given a platform to express it. So, 2000s teen girl with Britney Spears merch all over her room and 2010s Twitter stans tweeting "we stan", it's the same thing.

On topic, YES lmfao I would love a local-free SN like that :giveup: But it's not gonna happen llslss

apart from football fans, stan culture is the second worst group of humans i've ever seen

joking about death and illness, there's absolutely no limit to the "humour" and there's nothing respectable about it

it's awful from beginning to end and not defendable at all. i'm obsessed with gaga and video games and movies and whatever but you don't see me running around insulting people out of the blue behind a profile picture

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrea B
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

apart from football fans, stan culture is the second worst group of humans i've ever seen

joking about death and illness, there's absolutely no limit to the "humour" and there's nothing respectable about it

it's awful from beginning to end and not defendable at all. i'm obsessed with gaga and video games and movies and whatever but you don't see me running around insulting people out of the blue behind a profile picture

you know that nice stans exist, right? I've seen a lot of stans on twitter that are nice to everyone and I think you're one of them cause you're literally a Gaga stan and you're a nice person 

OMonster
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

I think what you're referring to isn't 'being a stan' but the toxic values that some stans have. You're still a stan... just not a toxic one. 

subtext / fantasy

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Andree said:

you know that nice stans exist, right? I've seen a lot of stans on twitter that are nice to everyone and I think you're one of them cause you're literally a Gaga stan and you're a nice person 

those are myths

i am not a stan, i am a huge lady gaga fan

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Andrea B

I'm a Gaga/taylor stan and I'm kinda messy and I don't care:vegas: if someone drags Gaga or Taylor and I'll drag them for hours.

I don't joke about mental illness, I don't sl*t shame, etc 

sipthistea
1 hour ago, LeJudas said:

Isn't that what the LM app is?

It isn't cross-fandom but the same idea is there right?

Little Monsters destroyed that website :ladyhaha:

It was a great idea, but they turned it into a +18 website calling it "freedom of expression" 

Moebius
4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

I'd rather people make tasteless jokes about those things than literally start major fights on stadiums so there's that.

Though I agree with you on that; the Selena kidney jokes and Manchester are what hit me most tbh, too ****ing much.

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Andrea B
Just now, ryanripley said:

those are myths

i am not a stan, i am a huge lady gaga fan

ok good for you then 

Archived