💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Why are male artists streamed much more than females in the USA?

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

ARTPOP GAGA

Totally serious thread. The myth ''men don't listen to women'' has been debunked as false by Gagadaily members . (but confirmed to be partially true in this thread so far) So what is the real reason women aren't successful on charts in the US anymore? Except major pop girls like Rihanna had a #1 in February 2016 and Taylor who could debut #1 with everything she released.  Britney, Gaga and Katy were all ignored on charts.

Can members from the USA explain it to me?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk why it's happening but Rihanna got #1 with Drake's feature :poot: Britney is past her heyday, Gaga hasn't exactly put out GP-friendly music since her last #1, and Katy also put out a pretty uh, experimental :poot:  album, so..... 

ARTPOP GAGA

If this thread doesn't have an answer, it means that myth is actually true. Sad.   :(

PunkTheFunk

Because R&B/rap has dominated music over the last 2-3 years (Drake, Post Malone, Migos, etc.) and those tend to be male dominated genres, as opposed to pure pop (Gaga, Britney, Katy, etc.) which tends to be more female-driven.

PatrickMonster

The answer: Spotify. Especially as it shows to you friends what music you listen to at the moment. I mean if you don't want to be seen as "gay" or you dont want to be bullied at school the next day, you wont listen to Britney, Gaga or other women that much. That's my theory.

ARTPOP GAGA
1 minute ago, Chris Evans said:

radio isn't pop anymore 

Then why have The Chainsmokers been slaying Hot 100 but Katy doesn't?

ARTPOP GAGA
1 minute ago, PatrickMonster said:

The answer: Spotify. Especially as it shows to you friends what music you listen to at the moment. I mean if you don't want to be seen as "gay" or you dont want to be bullied at school the next day, you wont listen to Britney, Gaga or other women that much. That's my theory.

off topic: is it you in your avi? you're cute :D  Hungarian :D

ARTPOP GAGA
5 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Because R&B/rap has dominated music over the last 2-3 years (Drake, Post Malone, Migos, etc.) and those tend to be male dominated genres, as opposed to pure pop (Gaga, Britney, Katy, etc.) which tends to be more female-driven.

The Chainsmokers are pure pop and they slay hard. Ed Sheeran is also pop/ pop ballad and he also slays hard.

iCpro
1 minute ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

Then why have The Chainsmokers been slaying Hot 100 but Katy doesn't?

The chainsmokers haven’t had a hit in nearly a year, they’re falling victim to this too.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Chamaquito

Our generation is not into pop. Simple. Even I’m surprised of how much I listen to rap/trap music nowadays. Even more than pop.

I’m actually nice.

ARTPOP GAGA
Just now, iCpro said:

The chainsmokers haven’t had a hit in nearly a year, they’re falling victim to this too.

But Ed Sheeran is pop and he is still slaying?

PatrickMonster
1 minute ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

off topic: is it you in your avi? you're cute :D  Hungarian :D

its me, thx its an old pic tho :D

ARTPOP GAGA
Just now, Chamaquito said:

Our generation is not into pop. Simple. Even I’m surprised of how much I listen to rap/trap music nowadays. Even more than pop.

That's sad for pop music fans like me.  are you from the US?   Can you tell me if the myth  ''pop music is gay'' is true or not? (in your country of course)

ARTPOP GAGA
9 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

radio isn't pop anymore 

why does the US like urban music so much? Please tell me. I simple don't get why Europe loves pop music but the US is the opposite.

Archived