Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Why are male artists streamed much more than females in the USA?

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
10 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Because R&B/rap has dominated music over the last 2-3 years (Drake, Post Malone, Migos, etc.) and those tend to be male dominated genres, as opposed to pure pop (Gaga, Britney, Katy, etc.) which tends to be more female-driven.

This!

When electro-pop and dance pop dominated the biggest artists were female

2009 to 2013 was clearly female dominated

Its phases. We don't have to throw sexism accusations everytime women aren't winning in something because that starts to become sexist too just in the opposite form

But yeah sexism is still a big problem I'm just saying in case of streams the last few years it has more to do with the type of music that's been popular vs what big female artists have been putting out

Economy
3 hours ago, brizoda said:

also pop music has been worse and worse the last 4 or 5 years

It's funny. People consistently say stuff like that decade after decade

I think part of the reason is that when you think of recent music you remember most of it...

When you look at the past you remember mostly the highlights and forget the fillers.

brizoda
3 hours ago, Economy said:

It's funny. People consistently say stuff like that decade after decade

I think part of the reason is that when you think of recent music you remember most of it...

When you look at the past you remember mostly the highlights and forget the fillers.

I'm 53 years old and music has never been so bad like the last years, now all are fillers in pop music, and also the rest of music that is not pop is so bad.

And for me the 80's were one of the worst dècades in music (Queen, Survivor, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Bonnie Tyler, Meat Loaf, Guns n'Roses, Aerosmith - you dont how much I hate these artists - the Rock stadium era, when Rock became conservative)

I like 50's, 60's, 70's, 90's, the period 2005-2009 and 2010-2015

Enigma
15 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

I guess because girls listening to male artists is cool, but (straight) guys listening to female artists is gay. 

Gay guys listening to female artists is pretty gay too if you want my opnion :poot:

Eddie
19 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Because R&B/rap has dominated music over the last 2-3 years (Drake, Post Malone, Migos, etc.) and those tend to be male dominated genres, as opposed to pure pop (Gaga, Britney, Katy, etc.) which tends to be more female-driven.

19 hours ago, Chris Evans said:

radio isn't pop anymore 

This right here :vegas:

Or you could just agree that people don't have the same taste in music like you and accept that pop girls aren't relevant anymore :cryga:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

ARTPOP GAGA
10 hours ago, Jacksonotta said:

Rap?

why is rap more popular than pop? What does the GP see in rap? 

ALGAYDO
8 hours ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

why is rap more popular than pop? What does the GP see in rap? 

Lyricism in Urban music is extremely relatable. Men and women, straights and gays, kids and elders, blacks and whites, and everything else in-between those binaries can easily relate to urban artists. 

And due to the cultural state that the US has been going through in the past few years (rising racial tension between POC and white people), Urban artists have been in the spotlight way more due to them tackling on such subjects (while white artists have a habit of avoiding racial topics). 

Not to mention Urban music has slowly been incorporating electronic elements into its genres, thus breathing new air into the Urban music scene. 

Rap has always had its hooks in American culture, but these factors that I listed are some (not all, obviously) of the reasons why it’s been rising in popularity recently. And by the looks of it, it’s not gonna stop any time soon. 

Archived