Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kanye Paid $85k For Whitney’s Drug-Covered Bathroom On Pusha T Album

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

y9zt5yhlyiyght15mko9.png

In today’s news from the sunken place, Kanye West reportedly paid $85,000 to use a photo of Whitney Houston’s drug-covered bathroom as the album art for Pusha T’s latest release. Wait, let’s call this the “How Low You Can Go News From the Sunken Place.”

In an interview with Angie Martinez, Pusha T said the original art for Daytona was replaced, and a photo of Houston’s bathroom from her Atlanta home littered with drugs and drug paraphernalia was used instead.

“1 a.m., my phone rings, no caller ID,” Pusha told Martinez. “‘Hey, yeah, I think that we should change the artwork. I like this other artwork.’ Now this other artwork is 85 grand. I said, ‘Hey, I don’t want to pay for that. And I wasn’t even going to ask you to pay for that. We picked what we picked. It’s here, it’s ready.’ ‘No, this what people need to see to go with this music. Imma pay for that.’

“Ummm, it’s a picture,” Pusha T said. “It’s a picture. … It’s just a picture that to license it worldwide is 85 grand. I’m not really too, too, too entrenched in the art world like that. I’m just going to let him do that thing. And he’s paying for it.”

https://www.theroot.com/kanye-west-paid-85-000-to-use-whitney-houstons-drug-c-1826323153?utm_source=theroot_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours

I can't tell if I'm disgusted or just flat-out confused at this choice.

tumblr_m0shhsOing1r1c3jbo1_500.gif

ryanripley

yo just let her rest in peace man

not cool imo

messssssss.thumb.PNG.6e8619e8e6b8fc464b91118756e5a21f.PNG

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

SKANK

I love it, and wish Gaga was creating equally challenging and noteworthy art. This album cover would have been perfect for The Fame Monster.

That J

What lovely taste we have in the world these days. I just wonder if the music would be worth it. 

I get it but I would feel better about it if there was some permission by the artist to use it. And since shes dead...idk..just leave it alone. Oh well. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Matangi

I'm honestly quite interested. I don't expect somehwere like ggd (that is often filled with random subtle racist threads) to analyze this choice without being a little tone-deaf, but kanye is obviously attempting to make a statement here.

That J

The decay of the pop star can be shown in more ways than just using a pic of the bathroom. Its almost too easy. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

PartySick

Kind of f*cked but art is art I guess. Here's hoping he's tasteful with any references to Whitney.

🖤

Shipper

Well a picture does say a thousand words. With Whitney's death and the meaning of what fame and drugs could do to celebrities, it tells a story instead of a random headshot of the singer.

I just hope it truly fits the music. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Versace

I consider this disrespectful tbh, I understand the intentions behind it might be good or wanting to start a conversation but under what circumstance does one have the right to publicize a private photo relating to a person that passed. It's a shame how much power money can give you and what you may consider integral property is now a click away with paypal. 

GagaUnderYou

For me, this is disrespectful. Younger generations who follow Kanye will most likely only know Whitney for the lady on T's album cover and for something negative. Whitney's talent deserves more recognition. She was more than just her addiction. 

shame
1 minute ago, GagaUnderYou said:

For me, this is disrespectful. Younger generations who follow Kanye will most likely only know Whitney for the lady on T's album cover and for something negative. Whitney's talent deserves more recognition. She was more than just her addiction. 

This so much. 

angels forever, forever angels

Gracious Gaga
14 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

This is a whole mess

DcnERbwU0AArQrP.jpg

Dream face

♥ Kindness Police.

Archived