Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If ARTPOP was more Hip Hop/ R n B/ Trap influenced?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

So I’ve heard from many users on here, FOTPFORUMS, ATRL and Gaga fan pages on Insta that ARTPOP was originally supposed to be Hip Hop, R n B and Trap influenced sound. And I hope it’s true! 

So If it was do you think it would’ve done better on the charts and sold more copies? And I bet it wouldn’t of been called ARTPOP either right? Probably something like Goddess Of Love (which would be an amazing title right?). So it probably wouldn’t of come across as pretentious to GP as ARTPOP’s title had. 

So thoughts?

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

androiduser

no.... Gaga is not a hip hop or an r'n'b artist, enough with trying to pretend she's something she's not

rumours

A Gaga album like that would either be amazing or the equivalent of entering auditory purgatory.

Florian

I doubt it was meant to be RnB with Madeon and Zedd being hired early on in the process of the album

Some songs were meant to be more hip hop/trap (Red Flame/Ratchet that became J&D after Azaelia's mess) but not the whole album imo

Green Detox

She wanted Zedd to produce the entire album so no.

DJWS influenced her the R&B sound but he wasn’t the main choice

SolidSnake

If it was I wouldnt be on this site probably and I wouldnt listen to it.

iowa cyrus
34 minutes ago, androiduser said:

no.... Gaga is not a hip hop or an r'n'b artist, enough with trying to pretend she's something she's not

doesn't Gaga make all types of music?

androiduser
3 minutes ago, BOND said:

doesn't Gaga make all types of music?

she has some influences from various music genres, yes, as do many artists, but she is not an r'n'b performer... if she was one, she'd say she's been making r'n'b' music since she was 4 or something.

Twitter

Sounds similar to my thread lol :hor:

But since it was Gaga says ARTPOP could mean anything. I was expecting the album to have multiple genres including Trap/Hip-Hop music. I would’ve been here for especially if ARTPOP was a visual album! 

TEANUS

Pretty sure the sound/ concept of ARTPOP evolved at least three times

1st - Decay of Popstar (Dance-pop)

2nd - Princess High (Trap, electro, complextro)

3rd - Mesh of both/ pain explosion (Dance, electronic, R&B)

The existence of songs like Gypsy and Brooklyn Nights while also songs like PARTYNAUSEOUS and Red Flame existing within the creation of the same body of work points out that the sound was truly meant to be anything and that it was a mesh of all forms of art into pop

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

The Child

Wow you guys really hate R’n’b and hip hop when those genres are way better than the rock you love and those musical genres can actually showcase Gaga’s vocals very well.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
Just now, TEANUS said:

Pretty sure the sound/ concept of ARTPOP evolved at least three times

1st - Decay of Popstar (Dance-pop)

2nd - Princess High (Trap, electro, complextro)

3rd - Mesh of both/ pain explosion (Dance, electronic, R&B)

The existence of songs like Gypsy and Brooklyn Nights while also songs like PARTYNAUSEOUS and Red Flame existing within the creation of the same body of work points out that the sound was truly meant to be anything and that it was a mesh of all forms of art into pop

Which equals a mess. :selena:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived