💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was Gaga Going R&B Back Then?

Twitter

Featured Posts

Twitter

Similar to the Joanne album containing more pop rock & country influences.

Does anyone think Gaga originally wanted TFM to be a R&B pop album or have more of an R&B influence? 

Based off the amount of unleased songs during that time were rather dark like TFM and had an R&B synthpop touch to it!

Following unreleased songs:

01. Animal

02. Earthquake

03. Second Time Around

04. Out Of Control

05. Quicksand / No Way

06. Reloaded

07. Shut Up

Thoughts? :classy:

gagzus

Most of the demos you mentioned were actually from TF sessions in early/mid 2008 btw but nah TF was the album that was originally going to be more R&B for sure.

ARTPOP was also meant to be more hip-hop/R&B, Rhythmic and Trap too. And then TC is an R&B/Synthpop song too.

Ugh she needs to stop c*ck teasing us and make a FULL FLEDGED record of R&B songs tbh it’s THE genre I’ve always wanted her to do in full on a studio album

Twitter
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Ugh she needs to stop c*ck teasing us and make a FULL FLEDGED record of R&B songs tbh it’s THE genre I’ve always wanted her to do in full on a studio album

THIS! I feel like she has so much potential to pull off an R&B album. She can even sprinkle in some pop songs like how she did with Joanne. :)

LeJudas

I wish she'd make super R&B song. But new and different but still similar to the classic R&B songs like Alicia Keys etc.etc.

Ziggy

I think it’s honestly just a big part of her pop sensibility. She’s heavily melodic and enjoys tougher to chew songs like that so it’s no surprise to me. Even Hey Girl has a certain Motown R&B flair to it. Obviously it evolved a lot from there, but at its core it’s pretty R&B. I think it gets shunted to the side, though, or has in the past because the label thinks of her as a white pop artist and not “urban” enough for R&B so she builds on songs more or cans them altogether so it’s not so obvious.

Space Cowboy

No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Yaa eh aaaaay

rBwpjZT.gif

Anderson123

I'd love to see an album with more songs like Do What U Want and The Cure. She really does have the voice to record any genre, especially R&B.

Smother Em Eh

I think so and I’d live for a R n B album from her. You’d bet I’d buy it digitally and I’d have the physical copy in my hand the day it comes out! :huntyga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Catnikko

Earthquake is not hip hop :gaycat:

but probably because assuming alot of them were written around 2007ish? 

Animal sounds like it could be a Nelly Furtardo song 

Twitter
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I think it’s honestly just a big part of her pop sensibility. She’s heavily melodic and enjoys tougher to chew songs like that so it’s no surprise to me. Even Hey Girl has a certain Motown R&B flair to it. Obviously it evolved a lot from there, but at its core it’s pretty R&B. I think it gets shunted to the side, though, or has in the past because the label thinks of her as a white pop artist and not “urban” enough for R&B so she builds on songs more or cans them altogether so it’s not so obvious.

Sad but true, because with every album Gaga has teased us with an R&B inspired track.

The Fame: Paper Gangsta

The Fame Monster: So Happy I Could Die

Born This Way: Fashion Of His Love

ARTPOP: DWUW / Sexxx Dreams

Joanne: Hey Girl / The Cure

misunderstood

I've wanted Gaga to do anything of that realm since I heard OOC

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Ziggy
10 hours ago, KING said:

Sad but true, because with every album Gaga has teased us with an R&B inspired track.

The Fame: Paper Gangsta

The Fame Monster: So Happy I Could Die

Born This Way: Fashion Of His Love

ARTPOP: DWUW / Sexxx Dreams

Joanne: Hey Girl / The Cure

Seriously. I get it on the one hand because her “brand” is perceived to be a certain way and as a marketer you want to maintain a specific image in order to promote it properly, but on the other, her “brand” of pop isn’t all that relevant anymore. Thankfully, with C2C and Joanne there seems to be a willingness to let her expand and try out new sounds now so there’s a chance that we’ll see some r&b in the future. I think her label saw the writing on the wall with ARTPOP that Gaga couldn’t just stay Gaga forever and had to do something that the other pop competition can’t. For her that’s versatility. She can vocally and visually do it all; I think they’re going to capitalize on that going forward.

Archived