Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Gaga huge in China?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Green Detox

She’s banned there for meeting Dalai Lama first of all.:messga: (Her 2nd time, she was also banned there back in 2011 for being vulgar.  Queen of being banned in China)

But anyways.

Back in her peak, Do you all know if she’s being played on radio a lot and people are also tremendously buying her records like the rest of the world did?

I’ve been curious about this because China has one of the most obscure music market, they’re not even included on sales reports or chart updates, because they don’t really have an official main charts to present the status of the weekly record sales in their country.

So do you have any idea about Gaga’s impact there? Was she a China Queen?

giphy.gif

Easy

She was definitely huge.

Usually international artists come to Hong Kong for 1 show, 2 shows max. Gaga had to add shows many times due to high demand. It was 4 sold out shows at last. She could’ve easily sold out 2-3 more shows if she didn’t have to continue the tour. In comparison Bruno had 2 shows for 24K tour, Madonna had 2 shows for Rebel Heart tour in the same venue.

I went to all 4 shows I remembered at least 30% of the audience were from mainland China. She was banned I think so they had to travel to Hong Kong to see her. I think that’s also the reason that made the demand so high coz we are a small city, I believe Gaga is still the only English speaking artist with 4 shows here.

Green Detox
6 minutes ago, Easy said:

30% of the audience were from mainland China. She was banned I think so they had to travel to Hong Kong to see her.

Will you explain this whole difference/division stuff between Hong Kong and China? I thought Hong Kong is a city inside China :laughga:

Irrelevant
8 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

@Irrelevant is from China I think. Sis, explain. :gum:

She is still pretty big in China. :vegas: She has a fanbase here and is generally accepted by the younger generation.

On the chinese equivalent of Spotify (QQ Music), PI, MR, JW, Joanne, Joanne Piano, TC and Your Song were pretty big, quite often being in the top 10-20 :vegas: 

Spoiler

The kii is Your Song prolly has more longevity than Joanne tracks, it's still #15 on the English streaming charts :rip:

On QQ Music she has 1.85 Mill fans, idk if that's alot or not, but here are some other artists

Spoiler

Taylor: 5.99 Mill :rip:

Adele: 1.99 Mill

Katy: 1.11 Mill

Britney: 0.92 Mill

Bey: 0.76 Mill :icega:

Madonna: 0.22 Mill :huntyga:

Chinese GGD: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?fr=wwwt&kw=lady gaga

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Green Detox
5 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

She is still pretty big in China. :vegas: She has a fanbase here and is generally accepted by the younger generation.

On the chinese equivalent of Spotify (QQ Music), PI, MR, JW, Joanne, Joanne Piano, TC and Your Song were pretty big, quite often being in the top 10-20 :vegas: 

Hide contents

The kii is Your Song prolly has more longevity than Joanne tracks, it's still #15 on the English streaming charts :rip:

On QQ Music she has 1.85 Mill fans, idk if that's alot or not, but here are some other artists

Hide contents

Taylor: 5.99 Mill :rip:

Adele: 1.99 Mill

Katy: 1.11 Mill

Britney: 0.92 Mill

Bey: 0.76 Mill :icega:

Madonna: 0.22 Mill :huntyga:

Chinese GGD: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?fr=wwwt&kw=lady gaga

非常感谢你告诉中国球迷我爱他们

Easy
18 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

Will you explain this whole difference/division stuff between Hong Kong and China? I thought Hong Kong is a city inside China :laughga:

So Hong Kong was a British Colony coz China lost a war like a century ago. They returned HK to China in 1997. Since in 1997, China was still very influenced by the communist party(it is still like that but it’s more like capitalism now) and HK after being ruled by the Brits for so long we are more like the Western world. HK is a special administrative region now, owned by China but we have our own education, currency, law, legislative structure, language etc. we even still use the UK electric sockets and drive on the left side of the road. Of course China is arguably influencing HK now. I hate it coz they are wiping our culture, history etc but some support it for economical reasons coz apparently China is a huge market.

still China has agreed that they will let us be a special administrative region for at least until 50 years after the handover, until 2047. Therefore the ban of Gaga didn’t affect her entry to Hong Kong. We can use Facebook, have freedom or speech freedom of press etc. so technically it’s china but it’s nothing like China (at least for now, and hopefully forever)

Bradley
6 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

Hide contents

That's not too bad at all. Is there any chance they're going to unban her?

Easy
2 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

非常感谢你告诉中国球迷我爱他们

Google translate fail?! 

球迷 is football fans

what you wrote was “thank you very much for telling the Chinese football fans that I love them”

Vitleysingur

Fact 1: The Fame / The Fame Monster was certificated 18 platinums in China.:vegas:

Fact 2: Literally everyone kept saying Oh my Lady Gaga instead of OMG few years ago.:vegas:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Irrelevant
2 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

非常感谢你告诉中国球迷我爱他们

You just told me to tell the Chinese football fans you love them :messga:

Don't use Google Translate guys :messga:

Spoiler

I don't have an account there :poot: 

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

teawhore
2 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

how do i get this framed

♡ nyc ♡

Radio Ga Ga
11 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

Hide contents

Google translate knows about ha Super Bowl performance :laughga:

Green Detox
14 minutes ago, Easy said:

Google translate fail?! 

球迷 is football fans

what you wrote was “thank you very much for telling the Chinese football fans that I love them”

13 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh god i knew it. I apologize.

I swear Google translate... i -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm87fkeo6GYKj8Us2Cg0V

Easy
19 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

Oh god i knew it. I apologize.

I swear Google translate... i -