💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Born This Way rushed?

The Bling

Featured Posts

The Bling

Listening to Born This Way (album) now, I can't help but feel like the songs don't work quite well with one another; in other words the tracklist feels quite messy (to me at least) :poot:

I wanted to now if this had more to do with Gaga's artistic view at the moment or with thr album being rushed for whatever reason

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

geopang

It doesn’t sound rushed at all to me. And if it was, it’s still her best work

rumours

I totally get what you’re saying. However, there are tons of filler tracks that she spent time making...

It’s almost seems that she spent both too much and too little time on it... if that makes any sense. :vegas:

That J

Its a very loud, very produced fast paced album so it can sound all over the place but I think thats part of its wild charm. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

The only thing I wish she had done differently with it is the production aspect. In some songs, its just overdone to the max. Even Edge Of Glory didnt need half of the "song" they put to it.  But its all still a classic. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Pop Music

I think the only time she rushed an album was ARTPOP. Even though she spent ages with the songs I felt like it was messy (in the best way possible). As with BTW I think she almost spent too long with it making last minute decisions with each track that threw off the cohesive sound. Still a fantastic album :vegas: 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

ryanripley

honestly, the concept could have done with a lot of editing and refining because that album has a LOT of content but i don't know if waiting would have caused her to overthink or if rushing caused her to think too fast

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Gohan

No, but your mind to create this thread was :derpga: 

The thing with Gaga is that she basically makes the best songs ever and then choose all the songs to make an album and show it to the label. If they're not happy with it, they ask for more tracks and they finally get to decide whether they like this one or this one the best. Exactly what happened with ARTPOP (the first version being about the decay of the blonde popstar and techno music) but the label kept changing it to the point where it became too polished and too cute instead of what Gaga originally wanted.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Tom Nook

It doesn’t sound rushed imo, I think Gaga just had a lot of influences and ideas that she wanted to do for her next follow up that isn’t regarding to fame :vegas:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

misunderstood

:huh: It was worked on for over a year :rip:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Ziggy

Definitely not rushed. If anything, Home girl needed an editor because it’s chock-full of ideas and concepts. Though with that in mind, I find that much of its beauty stems from that. It has this sporadic, frenetic quality that I think is very suitable for the sound. I think this album explored *her* the most even if she’d say otherwise. Pretty much every musical influence of hers shows up on that album and conceptually they do as well. It’s the most “Gaga” of albums, I think.

Suspiria

I don't think Gaga was rushed, but maybe her producers were. The songwriting is superb and the concept is pretty thoroughly explored. But some of the production (Edge of Glory sticks out to me) sounds a bit demo like.

At the end of the day it's still by far her best album/era so... :gaycat:

Smother Em Eh

No if anything it was ARTPOP (some production is messy and sounds rushed) even tho she worked on it for like a year and a half. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived