A Star Is Born
society

Man refuses to give up Louis Vuitton bag to gunman

Featured Posts

joemayzin

omg glad he's okay, i have a Louis Vuitton iPhone 8 case so that combined with the phone is about $1,150 there sooooo yeah i'd totally do the same :stalkga: 

Bebe

I was in a situation in my very last year in high school where three men held a knife to me on the bus and demanded I give them my phone and wallet. I mean, at my age that was literally 100% of what I owned and I'd worked and paid for my phone myself - so call it stupidity but I spent that 45 minute bus ride to my stop like "Why are you doing this?", "No, I don't want to get bashed and stabbed" and "I'm not giving you my **** so just stop". 

When it got to my stop I grabbed my school bag, put it in front of my stomach for protection, pressed the bell for the bus to stop, pushed past the dude with the knife with my bag and got the **** out of there :shrug: 

Even now I think about going to uni with my camera, my laptop, external hard drive, phone, wallet - if someone is trying to rob me they better ****ing kill me because that is my ****... I'm not wealthy, those items are how I work, study, communicate. I have important files, I have my contacts, I have my entire life on those things. I'm not going to easily just give all of that up to some stranger threatening me - you better have more than just a bluff, you better be willing to go to jail for life, because I'm not willing to just hand you my long hours working, my long hours studying, my memories and my prized possessions.

I relate to this dude, he worked hard for that bag, it's clearly something aspirational for him, it was something he achieved, it has not just a lot of monetary value but personal value. It's more to him than just a material bag.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

hellothing

But the thing is, nobody has the right to take things from you. It's your right to walk around with your stuff and not feel threatened. Was it stupid? A little. But I can't shame him for it. We actually have to shift our negative attention to the actual bad guy here ie the ****ing thief, yah?

Let's be nice to each other <3
  • Like 2

JGD
2 hours ago, Ugly Boy said:

if i spent $1.7k on a bag bich i'd do the same

Especially one that is no longer in production and can have sentimental value to him.

It just felt so *bang bang* good *bang bang* good

alejandro24

People shouldnt be this obsessed with brands and materialism. Its just a bag bruh...

• Thanks 1

Bebe
55 minutes ago, alejandro24 said:

People shouldnt be this obsessed with brands and materialism. Its just a bag bruh...

I don't think it's an obsession with brands and materialism though... The bag clearly represents more to him than that. He literally described how he saw that bag before he could afford it and so he worked hard, he saved his coins and he achieved his goal and got a slice of luxury. While I'm sure what originally drew him to the bag was a promise of luxury, craftmanship and lasting quality that comes with a brand name bag - it's the immaterial things that give it value.

That bag is more to him than a brand-name... It's hours upon hours of hard work, it's sacrifice, it represents achievement. When you can't afford **** and you work your ass off to afford something that's of quality and something that's special to you it becomes important to you.

He loses the bag and he loses months, maybe years, of saving and working and dedication and sacrifice. I don't know what his financial status is - but a lot of people are out here living pay check to pay check with little chance of moving up. If I was in that position and I had sacrificed and worked in order to afford something 'luxurious' and generally outside of my world - hell yeah I highly value that item... Not because it's a material thing but because of the immaterial things that item represents.

It's such a normal thing to place meaning on 'things' we do it all the time, it's human, we can't help it. He doesn't look like a multi-millionaire who can buy a $1,700 bag without thinking twice... If he was then it would be a lot easier to go "Ummm **** that, it's just a bag... just hand it over..." He looks like somebody who had to set goals and work hard in order to achieve a goal and doesn't want to throw all of that stuff away by handing the bag over to "some thug". 

• Like 1