A Star Is Born
society

Man berates restaurant staff and customers for speaking Spanish; Exposed!

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

But is he a hunty? :gaycat:

M Monstre

I don't understand why people are so worked up about other people speaking other languages besides English. Like, to me, it just sounds so egotistical and arrogant. What angers me more is this whole "people need to assimilate into 'American culture'?" First of all, what the **** is "American culture"? Because last time I checked, America was a place of immigrants and a place where people can experience the freedom to do what they want.

If people really want to "assimilate" into 'American culture,' then why didn't they assimilate to the Native Americans' instead of murdering them and forcing them into their culture? It's just so hypocritical, and it blows my mind because people can be such bigots and idiots.

• Like 12
  • YAAAS 1

Possibly Maybe
23 hours ago, Unites said:

What's wrong with this? :oprah: Shouldn't staff act professionally and speak English? It makes me uncomfortable when I can't understand the staff as a customer tbh :duck:  So yes, his reaction seems over-the-top, but still I think employees should speak the common language and their own language in their private lives, thus not in their professional lives

:pray:

Okay but the staff and the customers were speaking the same language. It’s actually more professional to speak to customers in a language they understand than to try and butcher another language. I work in customer service and I’m actually jealous that half of my coworkers speak Spanish because we deal with so many language barriers daily. 

Edited by Possibly Maybe
“I prefer her to any other”
  • Like 2

Chuckles

Wait but the irony that his last name is not even american... it's German...

• LMAO 1

Chuckles
7 hours ago, Sepsami said:

Just because his dumbass doesn't know more than one language doesn't mean it's the same for other people :air: 

IKR??? :grr:

alejandro24

he is kinda cute tho.. so he is forgiven

• Sad 2

Chuckles
Just now, alejandro24 said:

He is cute, but he is not forgiven in my book for being ignorant...

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

alejandro24
1 minute ago, Chuckles said:

He is cute, but he is not forgiven in my book for being ignorant...

he certainly deserves to be punished for this :gaycat:

• Shook 1

Matangi
1 hour ago, River said:

I met so many of this kind..

In France I got yelled "speak French" when I spoke in English with my husband

In Israel they yelled "speak Hebrew" to Russians Israelis when they spoke Russian

In Italy, the same "speak Italian"

It's all over the world, this nationalism and patriotism, so don't feel like the US is some kind of a special problematic kid in the world.. it always happened, it's just now it's so easy to expose it..

I think you're forgetting that nationalism is tied to cultural heritage in practically every other example (with the exception of Israel, but that's a whole separate issue). In the United States, there is no one cultural heritage that is truly "patriotic." Unless it was Native American heritage, every culture is simply one of many immigrants. People going out of their way to claim that someone in the US must speak English is just coded racism.

Edited by Matangi
  • Like 2

River
10 minutes ago, Matangi said:

I think you're forgetting that nationalism is tied to cultural heritage in practically every other example (with the exception of Israel, but that's a whole separate issue). In the United States, there is no one cultural heritage that is truly "patriotic." Unless it was Native American heritage, every culture is simply one of many immigrants. People going out of their way to claim that someone in the US must speak English is just coded racism.

I think nationalism is in some sense the mother of all the problems in a country.. then the racism comes because the "intruders" are less than them, taking their jobs, not speaking their language etc..

This guy is coming from "my country is falling apart, so many immigrants, at least speak my language in my country, in America!!!"

But I understand what you are saying.. it's so complicated in the US.. so many bad reason that leads to a bad behavior like of this guy...

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 2

Matangi
1 minute ago, River said:

I think nationalism is in some sense the mother of all the problems in a country.. then the racism comes because the "intruders" are less than them, taking their jobs, not speaking their language etc..

This guy is coming from "my country is falling apart, so many immigrants, at least speak my language in my country, in America!!!"

But I understand what you are saying.. it's so complicated in the US.. so many bad reason that leads to a bad behavior like of this guy...

Exactly, agreed. Rampant nationalism is the poison that creates Fascism-- or gives us Donald Trump

• Like 3

Sepsami
1 hour ago, alejandro24 said:

The gays of today :messga:

• Like 10
  • LMAO 2

LePetitMonstr
1 hour ago, alejandro24 said:

"Cute":diane:

LaLuna

Guys...

His Facebook page has been deleted :sharon:

I hope he loses all of his business :fthis:

Let this be a lesson to all: in this day and age, if you act like a racist piece of sh*t, you WILL face consequences. 

Edited by LaLuna
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 2