💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

HEARTSTOP

Guys, no one who says Beyoncé is overrated is saying that she is bad. Everyone agrees she's an excellent performer. But she only deserves praises to the "Excellent" level, she is no god, and people talk about her as if she was. Hence why some people, including myself, would say she is overrated, aka, rated above her real status.

IDGAF

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOP GAGA

Commercially: Taylor Swift. Her albums deserves 300k opening week only. And she doesn't deserve to sell out stadiums either. Can't sing. can't perform. She isn't even the songwriter of her last two albums. Producers give songs to her and she just changes a few words. Serving Beyonce realness.

Artistically: Beyonce. She isn't an untouchable goddess. She doesn't write her songs.

ARTPOP GAGA
5 hours ago, arctikstorm said:

Guys, no one who says Beyoncé is overrated is saying that she is bad. Everyone agrees she's an excellent performer. But she only deserves praises to the "Excellent" level, she is no god, and people talk about her as if she was. Hence why some people, including myself, would say she is overrated, aka, rated above her real status.

agree with you. Bey is an excellent performer and vocalist but she isn't a god. She doesn't write her songs.

ARTPOP GAGA
On 5/18/2018 at 4:55 AM, Sepsami said:

Don't kill me but for me it's Kendrick Lamar :awkney: 

is that you in your avatar?  OT: Yes he is. people act like he is the greatest female rapper of all time. his album ''to pimp a butterfly'' doesn't deserve a 97 on Metacritic.

Not The Real Gaga

Everyone...

except Gaga of course...

And I love Katy too.

/the end

giphy.gif

Original Diva

I love Beyonce but she's defs overrated. 

I hate ed and he is so overrated. 

excuse me no

rumours
10 hours ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

The Beatles. I love ABBA's music more.

Can not really compare The Beatles with ABBA?

The music really is very different

Suspiria

I'd have to say either Dua Lipa or Charli XCX.

Dua has some bops, but seriously - "the Madonna of Generation Z"? She has a nice voice and looks great, but nothing about her is at all distinctive or intersting. Both her sound and aesthetic are very trendy and unimaginative.

Charli seems to receive endless praise and critical acclaim and honestly I just don't get it. Her lyrics are some of the worst I've ever heard, her production is mostly very standard house/trap influenced electropop. And her compositions are a total mess. Can someone please explain the hype to me?

Queen Gloria

Beyonce, let's be real. Her and Rihanna. Beyonce is actually talented, tho. 

• 1 month later...
Sebastiaan De Graaf
On 13-5-2018 at 12:52 AM, sipthistea said:

I agree on this point. When artists remain for long periods of time on the charts are usually those who rely on the formula that's popular or that works for them. It's a product that needs to be sold, so the songs are made for the people to buy it.

That's why people like Max Martin has had so much success during the last decades, and it's because he uses the same formula for his artists. It's just an algorithm.

But where's the art? Where's the commitment to the music? What happens to the message? Great artists are those who evolve and become better musicians throughout their careers. They take risks, they have success, they have failures. But it's worthy because it's a ride, it shouldn't be predictable. 

So Rep might be a "vanity project", at least it's reinventing:trollga:

sipthistea
49 minutes ago, Sebastiaan De Graaf said:

So Rep might be a "vanity project", at least it's reinventing:trollga:

962a2bb4b46732dfc7308ded49c4c4ec.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Sebastiaan De Graaf
On 6/22/2018 at 5:27 PM, sipthistea said:

962a2bb4b46732dfc7308ded49c4c4ec.gif

Yeah but why did you quote me then? :stalkga:

Archived