💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

QueenGaga

NQvwwC3CslIlY9wmD1UAk97pejLa7fQYUOm91TAg

1. Unable to write her own music

2. Dragging family drama around for attention 

3. Inflated streams/ bought awards 

4. Overhyped but hasn’t done anything in her career yet that makes her deserve the  hype 

5. Lip-syncs/ repeats same moves at shows 

Her music is rightly appreciated but I don’t know why people are saying she’s better then MJ. It doesn’t make sense :shrug:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

Isn’t that true of any artist though?

For example, would Joanne have gone platinum if it were just some random singer? Probably not. Many people likely bought the album just cause it had “Lady Gaga” on the cover. 

I get what you're saying. With someone like Gaga or Taylor Swift or even Rihanna, if they're music isn't what people wanna hear or if it's a complete mess, fans/critics; people in general will say that it's a mess. But with Beyonce it's like she can do no wrong and I mean, and this is just my opinion; Lemonde album had a few nice songs but it was mostly boring. But for everyone else (not literally)  listening it was like the perfect work of art. I'm not hating on her because I do enjoy her work and I do think she's an amazing artist and I hope no one reads my opinion and get mad but that's just how I feel.

rumours
12 minutes ago, Garzilazo said:

Cardi, Beyoncé, Dua Lipa, Ed, and all those rappers... 

:awkney:

Not you implying Cardi is not a rapper :ladyhaha:

LOL

Damon

The Beatles :emma: i like them but they are hella overrated

... and now i just sit in silence.

FRANK1991

First of all when the OP asks for most overrated this is asking a personal opinion because NO ONE is actually overrated until people say they are if you get what I mean :trollga: So I don't understand these people questioning why people are just spilling their opinions when that's exactly what the OP is asking.

and my answer is just like them:derpga: Beyonce (so I guess she really is overrated since so many people say her:ladyhaha:)

The reason is very simple: I don't like her songs AT ALL (but hey at least I don't hate on her :trollga: I just don't care about her)

I prefer strong melodies and I find that she doesn't have any melodies. Her songs sounds more like speaking than singing compared to Gaga/ Ariana/ Taylor/ Carly. I don't like her style, its not pop/ dream pop/ 80s pop or any of the genre I like so :triggered:

Of course this is my personal opinion since she is very popular all over. 

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

rumours
10 minutes ago, FRANK1991 said:

First of all when the OP asks for most overrated this is asking a personal opinion because NO ONE is actually overrated until people say they are if you get what I mean :trollga: So I don't understand these people questioning why people are just spilling their opinions when that's exactly what the OP is asking.

and my answer is just like them:derpga: Beyonce (so I guess she really is overrated since so many people say her:ladyhaha:)

The reason is very simple: I don't like her songs AT ALL (but hey at least I don't hate on her :trollga: I just don't care about her)

I prefer strong melodies and I find that she doesn't have any melodies. Her songs sounds more like speaking than singing compared to Gaga/ Ariana/ Taylor/ Carly. I don't like her style, its not pop/ dream pop/ 80s pop or any of the genre I like so :triggered:

Of course this is my personal opinion since she is very popular all over. 

I certainly respect your personal opinion :)

I noticed a trend in people choosing Beyoncé early on, and I really was/am trying to see why that seems to be an aggregate trend. 

Reality
6 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

To everyone saying Beyoncé, why exactly? 

Based on the pretense that you all think she is "overrated", why does society praise her in ways that you all think is non-deserving?

I really don't have an opinion on this, but I am legitimately curious

I think that when people say Beyonce's overrated, it's not because she's bad or anything—vocally, she's incredible, and she is an outstanding performer—but rather it's the fact that there's this whole culture around her.

She'll sneeze and people will be like "OMG! BEYONCE'S QUEEN!" Like, I'm pretty sure that a good number of the people who praise her don't even really listen to her music besides the hits she has. That, to me, is what's annoying. Appreciate an artist because of their talent and work, not because it's "cool" or "trendy" to do so.

🖤👹

Reality
4 hours ago, SolidSnake said:

Well i will try to break this down.

Currently Female: Beyonce, Ariana Grande, T-Swift, Mariah Carey. Lame music, lame vocals, boring, bland.

Currently Male: Post Malone, Drake, and pretty much all the other lame mumble rap and bland r&b singers around.

All Time Female: Beyonce is probably the choice for me here. Off the top of my head I can't think of someone so popular for doing so little.

All Time Male: Nirvana. They are OK but mostly only a t shirt brand now. Not as good as other grudge bands at the time like Pearl Jam. 

Ummmmmm...How can you say that Beyonce, Ariana, and Mariah have "lame vocals?" You may not like their music, but they are vocally some of the best in the industry.

🖤👹

Borislshere
4 hours ago, kevinsteve said:

As much as I listen to some of her (old) hits... Beyoncé. I mean, she's THE vocalist and she serves visuals but the critics' reception is just too much. 

To the one who wrote that the "writing argument" is tired, no it is not. Adding one word to half of your songs doesn't make you an artist. And Lemonade... gosh, I just don't get the praise. I find it SOOOO boring. The songs are just mediocre to me. Same for her self-titled album. 4 was way better, and yet it's her most critically panned record. 

Does your quote button not work? 

Its definitely a tired argument. You’re not in the studio when her and her team work on these albums. I’m going by what the people who do work with her say. And you finding her recent two highly claimed albums “boring” doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve the praise it gets. 

SolidSnake
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Ummmmmm...How can you say that Beyonce, Ariana, and Mariah have "lame vocals?" You may not like their music, but they are vocally some of the best in the industry.

Beyonce and Mariah I might be able to buy that argument, Ariana however sounds like a cat whose tail has been stepped on.

Reality
1 minute ago, SolidSnake said:

Beyonce and Mariah I might be able to buy that argument, Ariana however sounds like a cat whose tail has been stepped on.

Still...no... 

Okay, Mariah may be a different story because her vocals back then were better than they are now, but that's not to say that she's a bad vocalist now. She's still got it.

Beyonce's also a vocal powerhouse. I mean, have you see live performances? She can also do riffs and runs like nobody's business. 

Ariana is also comparable to Mariah in her prime (I know people don't like that comparison, but it's fair to make nonetheless). 

🖤👹

Borislshere
1 hour ago, QueenGaga said:

NQvwwC3CslIlY9wmD1UAk97pejLa7fQYUOm91TAg

1. Unable to write her own music

2. Dragging family drama around for attention 

3. Inflated streams/ bought awards 

4. Overhyped but hasn’t done anything in her career yet that makes her deserve the  hype 

5. Lip-syncs/ repeats same moves at shows 

Her music is rightly appreciated but I don’t know why people are saying she’s better then MJ. It doesn’t make sense :shrug:

You call staring in movies at the age of 19 after being in a successful girl group later to have one of the biggest music careers undeserving of hype? You call that doing nothing? 

Also “ dragging family drama around” do you realize the woman you stan literally brought up her deceased aunt as a concept for an album? 

SolidSnake
Just now, M Monstre said:

Still...no... 

Okay, Mariah may be a different story because her vocals back then were better than they are now, but that's not to say that she's a bad vocalist now. She's still got it.

Beyonce's also a vocal powerhouse. I mean, have you see live performances? She can also do riffs and runs like nobody's business. 

Ariana is also comparable to Mariah in her prime (I know people don't like that comparison, but it's fair to make nonetheless). 

Also lame vocals is still an opinion. Having a voice that is TOO polished is boring, see a lot of music critics criticisms towards celine dion

Reality
1 minute ago, SolidSnake said:

Also lame vocals is still an opinion. Having a voice that is TOO polished is boring, see a lot of music critics criticisms towards celine dion

Well, it's just that the word "lame" implies that they have poor, or weak vocals, which they certainly do not. Again, I said it's one thing to dislike their music, but it's another to say that they don't have good vocals.

Having too polished off a voice is a fair argument though, however, I would contest that Mariah's voice isn't "polished" whatsoever. She's good vocally, but you can definitely hear that sometimes her falsetto can be too light and breathy—however, that's part of her style.

Beyonce's, however, is pretty polished, but I think her tone and her ability to effortless jump between her chest to head and/or falsetto is what makes her voice sound really good. 

🖤👹

Archived