💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
culturalbaptism

Taylor Swift.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

rumours
9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

a lot of her fanbase would be here for that

Well, that's a shame.

9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

because of how polarising her albums are and how each one has a unique sound attracting all kinds of audiences for one era but then turning some away for the next

Yeah, that's true. However, it's not as if (with the exception of C2C) Gaga truly made an album that wasn't pop. It sort of drives me crazy when people say Joanne was a country album. A few country influences? Sure. A country album? No.

culturalbaptism
Just now, LaLuna said:

Beyoncé of course :trollga:

And Taylor :madge:

Beyoncé can deliver a mother****ing performance and album. We can conclude she's a winner.

AoL4g.gif

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

sipthistea
14 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

I think prolonged success like that would just lead to complacency in terms of artistic progression. We arguably wouldn't have C2C or Joanne if she had retained that level of success throughout the BTW and ARTPOP eras.

I agree on this point. When artists remain for long periods of time on the charts are usually those who rely on the formula that's popular or that works for them. It's a product that needs to be sold, so the songs are made for the people to buy it.

That's why people like Max Martin has had so much success during the last decades, and it's because he uses the same formula for his artists. It's just an algorithm.

But where's the art? Where's the commitment to the music? What happens to the message? Great artists are those who evolve and become better musicians throughout their careers. They take risks, they have success, they have failures. But it's worthy because it's a ride, it shouldn't be predictable. 

rumours
1 minute ago, sipthistea said:

But where's the art? Where's the commitment to the music? What happens to the message? Great artists are those who evolve and become better musicians throughout their careers. They take risks, they have success, they have failures. But it's worthy because it's a ride, it shouldn't be predictable.

100% agree. Preach :golfclap:

tenor.gif?itemid=3817326

Infinity Wave
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

i think it's lowkey jealousy because Lemonade was an incredible album and we all wish gaga had it in her discography but i've learned to just love it without being bitter

It's not jealusy :sharon:

And it's not a matter of liking her music or not, I mean, I love (and LIVE) for many of her songs, like, MANY, but to me it just seems that everybody will always love her no matter what she does. 

Nobody questions her performance, her music and everything, everything is just said to be perfect and magnficent.

As a strongly polemical person, I like to discuss and question almost everything - just to most of the times find out that there is nothing to question about. 

So, simply the fact that no actual and proper comment or critic about Beyoncé can be expressed without being criticized because you're questioning her, it simply bothers me.

I'm not even saying she cannot sing or perform - cuz that would be a HUGE lie.

Colourful

The Z

As much as I listen to some of her (old) hits... Beyoncé. I mean, she's THE vocalist and she serves visuals but the critics' reception is just too much. 

To the one who wrote that the "writing argument" is tired, no it is not. Adding one word to half of your songs doesn't make you an artist. And Lemonade... gosh, I just don't get the praise. I find it SOOOO boring. The songs are just mediocre to me. Same for her self-titled album. 4 was way better, and yet it's her most critically panned record. 

Lucas

Beyoncé. Call me when she has more talent than singing and dancing (which is already great but not enough to consider her as the best artist of all time like 85% of people do)

Infinity Wave
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

IMO katy during prism

Anyway I TOTALLY agree with you on that. And that's what made me dislike katy in the first place.

For some reason, it's during this era that I finally got she is a down-to-earth, funny and smart woman. Plus, after I watched like 3/4 of Witness World Wide I just can't help but LOVE her so so much :giveup:

And I regret dislikimg her during her prior to Witness eras so so much :giveup:(Not really cuz I don't regret anything- as Gagz teached us - but you get the idea :staymad:)

Colourful

SolidSnake

Well i will try to break this down.

Currently Female: Beyonce, Ariana Grande, T-Swift, Mariah Carey. Lame music, lame vocals, boring, bland.

Currently Male: Post Malone, Drake, and pretty much all the other lame mumble rap and bland r&b singers around.

All Time Female: Beyonce is probably the choice for me here. Off the top of my head I can't think of someone so popular for doing so little.

All Time Male: Nirvana. They are OK but mostly only a t shirt brand now. Not as good as other grudge bands at the time like Pearl Jam. 

Infinity Wave
13 minutes ago, Chiunzhan said:

Michael Jackson :saladga:

Excuse me? Michael Jackson aka the man who invented/revolutioned modern pop music along with Madonna?

Call me when you've studied just a liiiiitle bit more. ;)

Colourful

rumours
10 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

Excuse me? Michael Jackson aka the man who invented/revolutioned modern pop music along with Madonna?

Call me when you've studied just a liiiiitle bit more. ;)

I do think certain album cycles are overrated (i.e. Thriller, Bad) while others are underrated (i.e. Off The Wall). 

Archived