Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrea B
5 minutes ago, Promises said:

Azealia Banks :madge:

how? her last single sold like 3 copies in alaska 

rumours
2 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

I am not sure why he can get away with repeatedly mediocre releases with little to no change up in his sound or lyrical content and still be considered on top of the Pop game when Pop girls have to be constantly innovating, striving for perfection, all while being pit against each other.

This is an interesting point!

I think it might stem from the fact that he does have an identifiable sound, one that his fans expect him to create time and time again. I'd argue it's similar to Adele's lack of musical innovation between 21 and 25 (although I love both albums). It is curious as to why some artists of both genders are almost pressured into the retention of the "same sound" while others require reinvention...

What do you all think?

Creyk
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

To everyone saying Beyoncé, why exactly? 

Based on the pretense that you all think she is "overrated", why does society praise her in ways that you all think is non-deserving?

I really don't have an opinion on this, but I am legitimately curious

Beyonce: doesn't even write or compose her own music, and she is praised for her performances but half of the vocals are lip synched in.

She gets good reviews for her albums because if a critic said something bad about her, they would be deemed as racist, there is now the culture where if you say something negative about a black woman the only reason can be that you are racist. If Demi released Lemonade, it would not have received such acclaim.
The same thing is happening to Rihanna (another woman of color!). Year after year fashion magazines praise her looks at the MET gala, this year was no exception. Last year Katy ( a white woman) was DRAGGED for using the same designer that Rihanna used, because that Designer said some problematic things. But now that Rihanna does it it's okay because the echo chamber demands that you praise her.

monster4life231

Nearly all modern radio artists, I’m looking at you Dua Lipa. :trollga:

spread peace - #MJInnocent

DirrtyPony

Definitely Beyonce.

And lately, Due Lipa. Like come on people...

Strung out for another taste

bloody g

The beatles they were overhyped by releasing the same song 50 times

Ok not really but lowkey they did

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Starbucks
2 minutes ago, Andree said:

how? her last single sold like 3 copies in alaska 

Have you seen what kind of thread that trended today? :trollga:

She's overrated, in this site, among some user :ohwell:

Your everyday cups of kindness

rumours
3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

She gets good reviews for her albums because if a critic said something bad about her, they would be deemed as racist, there is now the culture where if you say something negative about a black woman the only reason can be that you are racist. If Demi released Lemonade, it would not have received such acclaim.

That's an interesting thought.

So, would you say that the desire for racial equality in modern society has been detrimental as a whole for music reviewers? Moreover, would you say that said special treatment/accolade is allocated to all female popstars that are minorities or only a select few?

rumours
8 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i think it's lowkey jealousy because Lemonade was an incredible album and we all wish gaga had it in her discography but i've learned to just love it without being bitter

I am just confused as to why people would be jealous. It's a female pop star from that late 90s/ early 2000s  who has continued to be relevant in a modern era lacking that archetype. That's quite an accomplishment (especially with the acclaim around Lemonade)!

Wouldn't that be something to celebrate?

rumours
6 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

The beatles they were overhyped by releasing the same song 50 times

Ok not really but lowkey they did

I agree that it is plausible for the Beatles to fall under the category of being "overrated". 

I have friends who continue to praise the song Yellow Submarine, and I really just can't agree with them. :sweat: 

Archived