💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

Recently on GGD, I hear many people talk about certain artists being overrated in various capacities. With this in mind, I thought it would be very interesting to have a consolidated thread where we explain who we think is overrated in music today.

Therefore: Who do you think is(are) the most overrated artist (artists) in music?

You can approach this from whatever standpoint you choose (critical reception, commercial sales, personal opinion, an artists' actions, etc...). 

I'm really interested to hear your opinions :)

giphy.gif

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

Elvis Presley – culture vulture extraordinaire 

buy bionic

Creyk

Female: Beyonce: doesn't even write or compose her own music, and she is praised for her performances but half of the vocals are lip synched in

Male: Ed: he has plagiarized many songs and it's been proven and he had to pay fines but for some reason nobody cares, radio and streaming audiences still eat up his songs which are nothing special

Mister Gaga

Beyonce. Amazing performer. But her artistry is insanely overrated

ryanripley

IMO katy during prism, ed sheeran, drake, the chainsmokers when they were no.1, taylor swift, post malone, camila

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Ryusei

Right now: Post Malone, Drake. I don't get the appeal of Post Malone in any way. And Drake's output lately is so boring I don't get why it gets streamed like crazy

Musery

rumours
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

Elvis Presley – culture vulture extraordinaire 

This is an interesting one! I can certainly see where your coming from, though

Creyk
1 minute ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Beyonce :reductive:

1 minute ago, Mister Gaga said:

Yes

yes

yes

ItsTommyBitch

Incoming legion of "Beyonce" with no back up or "I just don't get the appeal" :emma: You may not get many explanations, but heres one ~ 

For me, its Ed Sheeran. And I do get the appeal, I just think his music is quite mediocre in terms of lyrics, vocals, production, etc... I am not sure why he can get away with repeatedly mediocre releases with little to no change up in his sound or lyrical content and still be considered on top of the Pop game when Pop girls have to be constantly innovating, striving for perfection, all while being pit against each other. For those reasons, he is overrated to me. (And I have heard all of his albums top to bottom so don't come for me :sis: )

Also, Drake. I just think his music is kind of everywhere; he sounds "okay" sing-talking, but I don't really like his rap, even though he can write well. This ones a bit more just not my preference. There are other people that do what he does, but with more flair :shrug: 

I'm not a beyonce stan, but as someone that does enjoy both her performances and her "Artistry" I'm happy to defend her. Legit don't think shes overrated. She's critically and commercially successful and all you have to do is look at the way critical media analyzes and dives into her music, even for its solely musical elements to see why she is liked :shrug: 

私è‡Șèș«ă‚‚こた䞖た䞭もèȘ°ă‚‚ă‹ă‚Œă‚‚ăŒ, どんăȘă«èŻă‚„ă‹ăȘäșș生でも, どんăȘにæ‚Č惚ăȘäșș生でも, い぀かは怉èȌし, ç ŽćŁŠă•ă‚Œă€æ¶ˆæ»…ă—ăŠă—ăŸă†. すăčăŠăŒă‚‚ăšă‚‚ăšă“ăźäž–ă«ć­˜ćœšă—ăȘい侀瞬ぼćč»æƒłăȘぼだから

rumours
3 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

2 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Ed and Beyonce 

3 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Beyonce :reductive:

5 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Female: Beyonce: doesn't even write or compose her own music, and she is praised for her performances but half of the vocals are lip synched in

To everyone saying Beyoncé, why exactly? 

Based on the pretense that you all think she is "overrated", why does society praise her in ways that you all think is non-deserving?

I really don't have an opinion on this, but I am legitimately curious

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

To everyone saying Beyoncé, why exactly? 

Based on the pretense that you all think she is "overrated", why does society praise her in ways that you all think is non-deserving?

I really don't have an opinion on this, but I am legitimately curious

i think it's lowkey jealousy because Lemonade was an incredible album and we all wish gaga had it in her discography but i've learned to just love it without being bitter

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived