💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Interscope Losing Out?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Green Detox

I've gone through their artists list  and noticed that their only mainstream force rn is Kendrick Lamar. Selena is there but she isn't really the mega-hit type of artist. Just social media popular. And we all know what legends like Madonna and Gaga's current status in the mainstream market now.

As for the rest of other mainstream artist, they're all scattered through Atlantic, Republic, Epic records etc. So is Interscope losing the game? Is it time for Gaga to move to another one after LG6?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
corvus albus

They also have:

Dr. Dre

2pac

+44

Nicole Scherzinger

Lana Del Rey

Gwen Stefani

G Unit

Mos Def

JoJo

Will Smith

Jurassic 5

OneRepublic

Scars on Broadway

Eminem

Schoolboy Q

Enrique Iglesias

The Black Eyed Peas

50 Cent

Pharrell Williams

Tokio Hotel

Pia Mia

Soulja Boy

Sheryl Crow

Rise Against

Zedd

Carly Rae Jepsen

Selena Gomez

Maroon 5

Imagine Dragons

Skylar Grey

Yelawolf

Tory Lanez

There are still megastars signed with Interscope. Don't worry Gaga and her team know when to switch the label.

Gonzi

Low key just want her to switch labels or maybe create her own so she can have full control of how her work is released. I will never forgive Interscope for the shitty choices they've made when it comes to singles.

ryanripley

highkey they need to get their sh*t together

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

River

I think ARTPOP almost made them bankrupt, but C2C saved them, this is why they bought her a horse..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

2 minutes ago, River said:

I think ARTPOP almost made them bankrupt, but C2C saved them, this is why they bought her a horse..

C2C is released through Tony’s label Columbia tho :ladyhaha:

The horse was probably for Gaga extending her contract with Interscope or something. 

Isn’t this good? So they have the budget to boost their only mega female Gaga. :firega:

Imagine having 20 mega relevant artists in your roster you have to fund them all at once. Also you have to release album and have huge campaign for their eras every few months. Pretty sure having only 1 male and 1 female huge artist and many ok-relevant artists can make sure the huge ones have the most resources. In this case Gaga staying in Interscope is really not bad. She is probably their biggest female right now so when she wants to start a real big era, she has all of the resources.

Selena has no touring power compared to Gaga.

Madonna is signed to Live Nation, Interscope only distributes her music so her touring numbers won’t benefit Interscope much.

Isnt she contracted to do like 7 albums with Interscope? I think most artists have that kind of deal...I know Beyonce had that with Colombia and Rihanna with her label

bloody g
21 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

They also have:

Dr. Dre

2pac

+44

Nicole Scherzinger

Lana Del Rey

Gwen Stefani

G Unit

Mos Def

JoJo

Will Smith

Jurassic 5

OneRepublic

Scars on Broadway

Eminem

Schoolboy Q

Enrique Iglesias

The Black Eyed Peas

50 Cent

Pharrell Williams

Tokio Hotel

Pia Mia

Soulja Boy

Sheryl Crow

Rise Against

Zedd

Carly Rae Jepsen

Selena Gomez

Maroon 5

Imagine Dragons

Skylar Grey

Yelawolf

Marilyn Manson

Tory Lanez

There are still megastars signed with Interscope. Don't worry Gaga and her team know when to switch the label.

most of these are DEAD on the charts.

I agree Interescope sucks Submit Reply

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

RAMROD

Nah, man! They have Zedd, Tame Impala, The 1975, LANY that are hip with the youngsters now, and they are also have few of up and coming artists like Kali Uchis, Rae Sremmurd,Schoolboy Q, Playboi Carti that starting to get some rotation.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

bloody g
15 minutes ago, River said:

ARTPOP was actually a success for Interescope which was already on a decline by 2013

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Dont they also have Maroon 5, Eminem and Imagine Dragons? Imagine Gragons are literally slaying right now. Its just they dont invest enough in promoting Gaga's music anymore on streaming and radio and i have no idea why that is the case.

FATCAT
11 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

most of these are DEAD on the charts.

I agree Interescope sucks Submit Reply

Damn, you just gonna put 2pac on blast like that :rip:

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
13 minutes ago, yaaas said:

Isnt she contracted to do like 7 albums with Interscope? I think most artists have that kind of deal...I know Beyonce had that with Colombia and Rihanna with her label

I thought it was 5 or 6, but I have no idea which albums "count". I don't think TFM counts, but C2C might.

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived