Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

How "The Middle" went from a demo to radio hit

migamiga

Featured Posts

migamiga

Came across this article and thought I'd share since there are a lot of musicians/songwriters/producers here. It shows the journey of a song from creation to release. Obviously not everything is shown but really cool and interesting to see how this song came to be. A nice break from all the LG6 hype :sis:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/arts/music/diary-of-a-song-the-middle-zedd-maren-morris-grey.html

Original Diva

This song is actually amazing.  One of the best songs that has come out of this year so far

excuse me no

Number Five

I've always wondered what the process of how a song comes to be was like. Thanks for sharing this! 

RAMROD

I think I have heard Maren Morris before? Isn't that the same person who sings on Britney Jane? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bad Kids

sarah aarons looks like  MV5BOTM1MTE3NmUtOWNlNy00ZjUxLWIzZjAtYjcz

this is cool too! :)

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

migamiga
51 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I think I have heard Maren Morris before? Isn't that the same person who sings on Britney Jane? :oprah:

Lol that’s myah Marie

9 minutes ago, goldenrealm said:

Why didn't they use Sarah the songwriter voice? I think she had a nice voice

I think she has no intentions of being an artist and just wants to be a songwriter. But i agree i like her voice also

RAMROD
50 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Lol that’s myah Marie

I think she has no intentions of being an artist and just wants to be a songwriter. But i agree i like her voice also

Thanks. I thought she finally got a record deal after helping Brinny and I was half shooked :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

NIGHTCRAWLER

that was soooo interesting thank you so much for sharing!!!! 

That's kind of unexpected how they tried more than 15 singers before finding the good one, especially when the actual songwriter has a really great voice. This Sara is really cute and she is definitely really talented ! Zedd did a really good job as well, the song is a bop! 

Defmix100

Does this happen a lot where a song gets passed from producers but the most well known gets to call it their song? And it sounds so much like 'Stay' so I wonder if the other producers worked on that too or Zedd was inspired by it and made it after

Monster2015
1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

Does this happen a lot where a song gets passed from producers but the most well known gets to call it their song? And it sounds so much like 'Stay' so I wonder if the other producers worked on that too or Zedd was inspired by it and made it after

It can get really complicated but I suggest watching some of Sia’s interviews talking about this and how Diamonds and Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé happened. Basically money can also be a factor as well

Op: I love this song it’s such an ear worm. While it sounds a bit like what’s popular today, it kinda has its own fresh spin on it. Simple melody, chorus is catchy, etc. 

Defmix100
5 hours ago, Monster2015 said:

It can get really complicated but I suggest watching some of Sia’s interviews talking about this and how Diamonds and Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé happened. Basically money can also be a factor as well

Op: I love this song it’s such an ear worm. While it sounds a bit like what’s popular today, it kinda has its own fresh spin on it. Simple melody, chorus is catchy, etc. 

that's really interesting, I've tried looking but can't find videos of her talking about the business side of those songs

Archived