💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Beyoncé Has Surpassed MJ" - Bill Werde

sipthistea

Featured Posts

sipthistea

Billboard's editorial director Bill Werde tweeted his thoughts on Beyoncé and how she has arguably exceeded the King Of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Thoughts? 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
highbythebeach

Hm I don't think I'll be paying attention to anyone who uses the term clout

shame

I still think MJ's level of success and artistry is untouchable :shrug:

angels forever, forever angels

DiscoHeaven23

no.

This overhype has to stop.

Michael was OBSESSIVELY dedicated to what he did. It was the only life he knew.

Beyonce is talented and puts a lot of effort into her craft, but no.

She doesn't even surpass Janet Jackson

To the Billboard editor:

DBqUytm.gif

Florian

MJ shaped today's pop industry from the floor to the ceiling. Beyoncé shaped those trendy foil balls at best so far :emma: 

DiscoHeaven23

Furthermore, this guy bases his argument on years?

Okay, well then Madonna was big from 1984 to 2008. So does that make her the biggest ever? 

Dunk96

tenor.gif

NEVER in a million years will anyone compare to Michael Jackson. No artist in the history of the world could jump out of a stage and stare at the audience motionless for two minutes and have people losing their sh*t. No artist could physically make grown straight men turn into sniveling little girls like Michael Jackson had the impact to do. No artist made a show out of a song before Michael & Janet. So please keep on lying to the world. But I know the truth and the truth is Beyonce is no Michael Jackson and she will never surpass Michael Jackson. Nobody will ever surpass Michael Jackson in any time period.

Yuuri

Beyonce getting praise 

tenor.gif?itemid=6175133

While we're at it, I know it's a touchy subject but I feel like Lady Gaga has surpassed Jesus Christ, he died for your sins and she broke her hip for them. He came back after three days, and she came back after 3 years. Your move.

SEXODUS

I see them WPs comin’ at me if I wrote exactly what I’m thinking rn :emma:

they’re different. no need to compare relevancies here.

/thread

ThisGuyTony

MJ and Beyonce are completely different artists. 

They've had different types of impacts but to say she's "surpassed" MJ is :ladyhaha: .

freebit

I'm open to the argument of her being on par with him, or why someone would prefer her to Micheal, but Bill Werde is so ATRL-ed in his reasoning that he makes me roll my eyes. Plus, I don't think all artists need to be pitted against each other like this, especially post humorously? It's ok for them all to exist separately. I felt the same way when there was a article about famous literary writers recently. I feel like some people like to make a competition out of the arts like it's sports or something, but art is just not about that IMO. 

Borislshere

She's been doing this for 21 years so I'd definitely say she's a legend. I wouldn't say she's passed Michael Jackson but she deserves the praise she gets. At least she delivers every time. 

Archived