💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Whats So Amazing About TEOG

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

B4 I get dragged. I do like TEOG and this is purely my opinion. 

But I will never understand how most of GGD think it's one of gaga's all time best songs? I just think it's really basic and although she sounds good I do think that any of the other pop divas could have done it justice. The one part I will agree that is great is the story about how gaga and joe wrote the song at the piano the night of her grandfathers passing. But musically and lyrically I think it's ok and one of the weaker songs on BTW. 

What are your thoughts on this song??

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teawhore

vocals check, cinematics check, success check, critical acclaim check, licking LA pavement check :golfclap:

♡ nyc ♡

Flapjack

For me it's in the same category as MR, it's enjoyable if I'm listening to the full album but I'd otherwise skip it. 

ryanripley

you only have to listen to it to know it's a masterpiece

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

The Child
6 minutes ago, GaGaSwift said:

But musically and lyrically I think it's ok and one of the weaker songs on BTW. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9305730

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

ArtGagaPop

It's her best song to date, idk what it is but the song just screams epic, iconic and timeless. :firega:

Tom Nook

But can you deny that this part goes awf :oprah: 

giphy.gif

*Saxophone synth instrumental*

Me:

tumblr_nyoytxAmqm1r845uoo1_400.gif

Gaga: “I’M ON THE EDGE!”

Me:

giphy.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

shame

It has one of those touching messages about the glory of life that resonates with you no matter who you are or where you are from. You could be four years old singing to the song on the radio, a hunty bopping to it at a club or a 65 y/o Conservative dad dancing to it at his daughter's wedding. It doesn't matter; anyone can relate to it. And on top of that, it's just super catchy and that sax solo... ouf.

angels forever, forever angels

IllusionLover
18 minutes ago, TEAWHORE said:

vocals check, cinematics check, success check, critical acclaim check, licking NY pavement check :golfclap:

fixed it. 

and before you drag me saying the studio is in LA, that studio represents New York City 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Quartz

When I first heard the album, I thought, 'why do we need another Marry the Night? It has basically the same chorus structure and MTN is far better melodically.' When it became a single, I was nonplussed. Then, I dunno, maybe because of the acclaim, I now like it. If MTN were more successful, I think TEOG would be left in the dust, though the message of the song still makes me tear up if I think about it.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

FrankenWayne

It is not one of my favorite songs but when you get to the choir the whole perspective of the cation changes.

https://twitter.com/FrankenWayne_

teawhore
9 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

fixed it. 

and before you drag me saying the studio is in LA, that studio represents New York City 

which is in LA

♡ nyc ♡

River

well, the song is one of my personal songs so I don't listen it too much because it makes me sad but I think it's a masterpiece, when the sax comes in I'm just closing my eyes and enjoying it..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Dunk96

Because the message and the meaning of the song has such a profound and deep thing to it that can't be explained unless you've experienced the pain of losing a loved one and knowing that you'll someday be on the same edge they're on when they pass. Plus the song is supremely emotional and it's vocally one of Gaga's best studio vocals in her entire discography.

Archived