💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce ~ The Tea

TheQueenLG

Featured Posts

T3ARS

I see your points however, I must agree with other members. Nothing is wrong with Beyonce promotion of Black Culture. Black people have been/are seen as the most violent, the ugliest, the least intelligent, and are the most sexualized group in the world. 

Beyonce is arguably the best pop/r&b performer of our generation and she is at a point in her career where she can talk about the issues going on in the back community and how they relate to the world.  I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable but it's unfair to call what she is doing "black supremacy" and ignore other ethnic groups that mostly stay to themselves and celebrate their own culture. Black people are waking up to our own beauty and appreciating our creativity and uniqueness. Why is that bad for a group of people are have been told for hundreds of years that they are literally less than human? 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, T3ARS said:

I see your points however, I must agree with other members. Nothing is wrong with Beyonce promotion of Black Culture. Black people have been/are seen as the most violent, the ugliest, the least intelligent, and are the most sexualized group in the world. 

Beyonce is arguably the best pop/r&b performer of our generation and she is at a point in her career where she can talk about the issues going on in the back community and how they relate to the world.  I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable but it's unfair to call what she is doing "black supremacy" and ignore other ethnic groups that mostly stay to themselves and celebrate their own culture. Black people are waking up to our own beauty and appreciating our creativity and uniqueness. Why is that bad for a group of people are have been told for hundreds of years that they are literally less than human? 

Thank you for your respectful response. I appreciate your opinion. I do, however, feel like at some point her activism can cross a line. And forgive me if you disagree, I think she may have crossed that line. Again, have a nice day and thank you for your entry in the discussion. 

Chromatislaps
1 hour ago, Miel said:

It was not derisive, nor racist. What she is doing is presenting a more sort of aggressive form of self-love, specifically Black femme self love.

It's different than Gaga's activism and preaching, because both relatively stay within their identities. Gaga, as a white queer woman who is seen as a queer icon; Bey, as a Black woman who is seen as a femme and Black icon. Obviously both intersect sometimes (Gaga actively supporting #BlackLivesMatter, Bey waving around Pride flags sometimes), but they tend to stay in their lane.

In defense of Beyonce, and in the quote of her mother, from her sister's album

It's such beauty in black people, and it really saddens me when we're not allowed to express that pride in being black, and that if you do, then it's considered anti-white. No! You just pro-black. And that's okay. The two don't go together.

Then if I am not mistaken, Azealia Banks is doing an even more extreme version of that self-love black women empowerment schtick?:oprah: 

ALGAYDO

Nnnn the user is a BeyoncĂ© fan who happens to disagree on her approach to inclusivity, yet everyone automatically went IN for his supposed “racism” :ladyhaha: 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you can’t have ANY criticism for Bey, even if it’s fair and constructive, because her fans will automatically label you as racist. It’s sad, really. There are REAL racists and white supremacists that are doing the devil’s work by actually making the world harder for POC. But a Bey fan having constructive criticism of her is RaCiSt!!1! :poot: 

Isn't there already a Bey/LG comparison thread for this?

Haven't read the whole thing, but I hope you guys defend Katy Perry and Taylor Swift with the same dedication that you defend Bey. They are also a victim of some the same kind of "reaching" and "dragging".

BeyoncĂ© said suck my balls at Coachella and its inappropriate? But Gaga said suck my d*ck plenty of times before Scheiße at the BTWB?

Miel
23 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Nnnn the user is a BeyoncĂ© fan who happens to disagree on her approach to inclusivity, yet everyone automatically went IN for his supposed “racism” :ladyhaha: 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you can’t have ANY criticism for Bey, even if it’s fair and constructive, because her fans will automatically label you as racist. It’s sad, really. There are REAL racists and white supremacists that are doing the devil’s work by actually making the world harder for POC. But a Bey fan having constructive criticism of her is RaCiSt!!1! :poot: 

But there is a critical conversation happening in this thread?

27 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

Then if I am not mistaken, Azealia Banks is doing an even more extreme version of that self-love black women empowerment schtick?:oprah: 

As much as I love her talent, Banks took her ethnocentric views, specifically her Afro-centrism, to the extreme in several instances. I don't think that's comparable at all to Beyonce, considering she called Zayn a "sand n*gger", supported Trump's policies for a hot second, and even used actual, divisive rhetoric to paint Latinx communities as undeserving of urban culture.

3 points in and ready for more

TheQueenLG
7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Mods delete this thread

Don't like opinions that differ from yours? Sorry, that's not how this works. If you'd like to contribute to the conversation, I'm sure we'd all love that. What's your take?

TheQueenLG
48 minutes ago, KING said:

BeyoncĂ© said suck my balls at Coachella and its inappropriate? But Gaga said suck my d*ck plenty of times before Scheiße at the BTWB?

That is very true. And if you look at it at face value, you're absolutely right. But the atmosphere was so much different when Gaga did it. And she did it at the tour that's based on the utmost inclusivity. When Beyonce did it, her intent wasn't pure to me and not in the spirit of true progress for the Black Pride movement. Not saying Gaga is perfect either. I never said that. 

TheQueenLG
52 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Thank you. It's nice to know that someone shares some reasoning similar to mine. I know I'm not crazy. 

Pablo
6 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

Don't like opinions that differ from yours? Sorry, that's not how this works. If you'd like to contribute to the conversation, I'm sure we'd all love that. What's your take?

Literally all of your posts are making huge assumptions.

Beyonce clearly stated by including the lecture by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie in ***Flawless that "Feminist: the person who believes in the social Political, and economic equality of the sexes"

again, so how is she promoting that females are better? Where did she say that? Or was that a bonus track on Lemonade ?

And how is she promoting black-superiority? Because of the color of her skin? Can she not celebrate who she is? Where does she mention that black women are superior to anyone?

wQRyKVI.gif

Don't visit my profile

TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Literally all of your posts are making huge assumptions.

Beyonce clearly stated by including the lecture by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie in ***Flawless that "Feminist: the person who believes in the social Political, and economic equality of the sexes"

again, so how is she promoting that females are better? Where did she say that? Or was that a bonus track on Lemonade ?

And how is she promoting black-superiority? Because of the color of her skin? Can she not celebrate who she is? Where does she mention that black women are superior to anyone?

wQRyKVI.gif

Thanks for your response. 

TheQueenLG

My conclusion from this thread is that Gagadaily has a harder time dealing with Beyonce criticism than it does with Gaga criticism. Really quite odd. Goodnight, monsters. 

Edonis
1 hour ago, TheQueenLG said:

Beyonce chose, specifically, to show her support of the Black Panthers. One of the FEW groups that were formed and later committed sizable violence. You have to do your homework to get this. Not saying you haven't, but the HW is definitely necessary. That could be a possible additional reason we're butting heads. Again, nonetheless, thank you for your opinions, everyone!

First of all, she used black panther imagery because it's the most prolific and fundamental message of their movement is very similar. Her advocacy stems from her experiences as a black woman, so why is it so foreign to you to imagine that she would speak up for black women in her performances? Second, have you stopped to wonder that maybe you need to do your homework on these issues, particularly on what it means to be a black woman in 2018 and why the kind of vocal and upfront imagery portrayed by Beyonce (and other artists) is needed?

And as an aside, you're kind of skimming over the fact that she had white dancers and band members present, and still included the famous speech sampled in Flawless that spoke of equality for the sexes. :huh: Why? Is it because it wasn't as prominent as the other imagery to you?

Archived