Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce ~ The Tea

TheQueenLG

Featured Posts

TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, Tyler Henry said:

Honey, what are you talking about? Let me get this straight because Beyoncé is uplifting the black community, she’s not  promoting inclusivity? That makes no sense. Please go educate yourself. Have a blessed day

She is uplifting the black community by suggesting (at best indirectly) that her race (blacks) or her gender (female) is greater than others. That is not right. To accomplish the true 'uplifting' of the black community, the black community can't embrace an attitude of exclusivity, that is what Bey is advocating for, although a bit more subtlety than what I'm suggesting. I'm not great at mincing my words. I wish you, too, a blessed day. Isn't it great that we live in America and we have the first amendment where we can express our opinions? I love having a debate like this. Thank you for your perspective, although I politely disagree. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheQueenLG
21 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

A word of advice: "I'm attracted to black men" and "I have female friends" does not bolster your viewpoint in any way. 

Anyway, not everybody is gonna dedicate their career preaching about equality. Sometimes it's about equity. Beyonce is a black woman. Gaga is a white woman. Beyonce is a hero for her culture and race tbh and that's that. 

I somewhat agree. I apologize if I offended anyone. I sometimes speak to frankly. 

holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

She can be a hero. But I don't agree with her when her activism, whether she intends it to or not, discriminates against those who are different than she is. That's racist. She probably doesn't take it quite this far, but pretty close. 

What ? When has Beyonce ever done anything discriminatory to another race?  Your argument is basically shouting ALL LIVES MATTER in the face of her Black Lives Matter. Because all she does is celebrates blackness. But I'm assuming thats not you so you cant relate, and since its not there for you, you feel excluded or something. When in reality, its not about you. At all.

Please tell me what "activism" she has done that discriminates against you

TheQueenLG
19 minutes ago, Devyn said:

What's there to discus? Beyonce a black woman celebrating black culture and focusing on uplifting The black community? Black people have been seen as the bottom of the barrel for ages. Bey is simply just trying to change that while not sacrificing who she is.  Just like Gaga and the gay community who was seen as the weirdos, she came into the scene thanking the gays at award shows and talking about us any chance she got. If someone has a voice, let them use it. Sorry you don't feel "included" but not everything is meant for everything. 

Also, like many others have stated in this thread, liking black men and having female friends doesn't exclude you from being racist and misogynistic. 

But you do you. 

Fair points. Thanks for the perspective. What Beyonce is doing doesn't appear to be activism to me. That's my opinion. I think that's where we're butting heads. Bless the first amendment. I appreciate the debate. 

TheQueenLG
17 minutes ago, Mythos said:

What is going on on GGD today? Is it "let's hate on beyonce" - day? Can we next time maybe be informed before, so i can ignore this site for few days?

NOT hating. I love Beyonce. 

TheQueenLG
17 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Where are the receipts for this? Where is she telling her audience that there should be black supremacy or that she promotes divisiveness?

I could name one if you'd like, sweetie. She has consistently tributed to the "Black Panther" group. A group that was very violent in the spirit of "inclusivity", which is total BS. Pardon my strong language. Again, I love Beyonce, and I support the Black and other minority communities (including my own),  however, she's not going about things the right way. 

TheQueenLG
20 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Why? Should she be catering to white people or something?

If she wants true progress, yes, to a degree. Don't go kissing white peoples' as*, but at least be respectful of other groups. 

Taylorrgh
18 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

She is uplifting the black community by suggesting (at best indirectly) that her race (blacks) or her gender (female) is greater than others. That is not right. To accomplish the true 'uplifting' of the black community, the black community can't embrace an attitude of exclusivity, that is what Bey is advocating for, although a bit more subtlety than what I'm suggesting. I'm not great at mincing my words. I wish you, too, a blessed day. Isn't it great that we live in America and we have the first amendment where we can express our opinions? I love having a debate like this. Thank you for your perspective, although I politely disagree. 

Ok I’m done I don’t think you are understanding what I have been saying to you. I’m sorry that you feel that she is promoting “exclusivity” in the black community just because she is giving a voice to black people especially to black woman who have suffered the most. Please go educate yourself because what you are trying argue isn’t true Beyoncé has never promoted racism nor exclusivity. 

TheQueenLG
2 minutes ago, Tyler Henry said:

Ok I’m done I don’t think you are understanding what I have been sayin to you. I’m sorry that you feel that she promoting “exclusivity” in the black community just because she is giving a voice to black people especially to black woman who have suffered the most. Please go educate because what you are trying argue isn’t true Beyoncé has never promoted racism nor exclusivity. 

Have a great day, Tyler, I do not agree with you and that's okay. 

Taylorrgh
5 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

If she wants true progress, yes, to a degree. Don't go kissing white peoples' as*, but at least be respectful of other groups. 

??? :saladga: wow. The ignorance 

TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, Tyler Henry said:

??? :saladga: wow. The ignorance 

Once again, have a great day, Tyler. I can respect your strong devotion to what you believe in. 

holy scheisse
4 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I could name one if you'd like, sweetie. She has consistently tributed to the "Black Panther" group. A group that was very violent in the spirit of "inclusivity", which is total BS. Pardon my strong language. Again, I love Beyonce, and I support the Black and other minority communities (including my own),  however, she's not going about things the right way. 

Even if there was violence related around the Black Panthers...are you forreal? Do you understand the context of where they came from? The rights they were denied, the racism and segregation, the humane injustices? The hate crimes... murders... insitutional racism that still exists? The enslavement of their entire race, being treated like animals? Kidding me?

Ugh. you need a multicultural lesson girl. I'm sorry. Where is your empathy?

C1WL2lIVQAA8Ff6.jpg

Black Panthers originated in the 1960s. Literally the first decade of black people being "free" in America. And you are complaining that they were violent? Can you not see where some of them might have been violent and why? Can you not see that Beyonce's appropriation of their imagery is not to "discriminate" against anybody at all, but that its a symbol of freedom, power, strength, and so on?

4 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

She does not need to do anything for white people. She does not do anything against them as it is. All she does is empower black folks and tbh thats not even the extent of it. She's universally loved. Like she isn't doing anything divisive unless you are so entitled that you need people to involve YOU in everything they do. Its not about you!!!

Edonis
2 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Even if there was violence related around the Black Panthers...are you forreal? Do you understand the context of where they came from? The rights they were denied, the racism and segregation, the humane injustices? The hate crimes... murders... insitutional racism that still exists? The enslavement of their entire race, being treated like animals? Kidding me?

C1WL2lIVQAA8Ff6.jpg

Black Panthers originated in the 1960s. Literally the first decade of black people being "free" in America. And you are complaining that they were violent? Can you not see where some of them might have been violent and why? Can you not see that Beyonce's appropriation of their imagery is not to "discriminate" against anybody at all, but that its a symbol of freedom, power, strength, and so on?

She does not need to do anything for white people. She does not do anything against them as it is. All she does is empower black folks and tbh thats not even the extent of it. She's universally loved. Like she isn't doing anything divisive unless you are so entitled that you need people to involve YOU in everything they do. Its not about you!!!

I was just about to post a similar argument. That's added to the fact that not every member of the BP movement was a pro-violent advocate to get their message across. If I were to use that logic, then I guess the Black Panther movie (which I believe was a reference to the same movement) was racist and promoting racial superiority as well, eh? @TheQueenLG

TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

C1WL2lIVQAA8Ff6.jpg

I'm very educated, and I honestly didn't need a history lesson. But nonetheless, I guess I'm thankful for your information. I don't need empathy to know that singly promoting one race isn't advancing any kind of successful movement today. And I am a very empathic person, sometimes to a fault. 

I'm not debating whether the violence committed by Black Panthers was justified/necessary or not. I am debating why Beyonce chose to, in addition to singly promoting one race, promote the (violent) Black Panthers. And this choice is all-too-telling of the intent of her activism. Again, just my opinion.

You're right, hunnie, this thread is about Beyonce, not me. It's in the title, girl. Haha

I love seeing others' perspectives, and I appreciate yours, too. Have a great day! I mean it. 

TheQueenLG
18 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I was just about to post a similar argument. That's added to the fact that not every member of the BP movement was a pro-violent advocate to get their message across. If I were to use that logic, then I guess the Black Panther movie (which I believe was a reference to the same movement) was racist and promoting racial superiority as well, eh? @TheQueenLG

Beyonce chose, specifically, to show her support of the Black Panthers. One of the FEW groups that were formed and later committed sizable violence. You have to do your homework to get this. Not saying you haven't, but the HW is definitely necessary. That could be a possible additional reason we're butting heads. Again, nonetheless, thank you for your opinions, everyone!

Archived