💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce ~ The Tea

TheQueenLG

Featured Posts

TheQueenLG
39 minutes ago, Devyn said:

I’m wore out on defending Beyoncé on this site so imma just say I’m sorry you feel that way 

tumblr_p48nrp0oOd1u6n38po1_250.gif

That's helpful. I was trying to lead a meaningful discussion. But you do you. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheQueenLG
36 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Y'all dislike this woman way too much. The grasping, the reaching, the stretching that you guys are doing to find something wrong with her performance is too much...

I don't dislike Beyonce. In fact, I LIVE for her. Actually was just trying to lead a discussion here. I was not interested in debating whether I like Beyonce or not. That's not even a question. I love her. 

holy scheisse

A word of advice: "I'm attracted to black men" and "I have female friends" does not bolster your viewpoint in any way. 

Anyway, not everybody is gonna dedicate their career preaching about equality. Sometimes it's about equity. Beyonce is a black woman. Gaga is a white woman. Beyonce is a hero for her culture and race tbh and that's that. 

TheQueenLG
31 minutes ago, Miel said:

It was not derisive, nor racist. What she is doing is presenting a more sort of aggressive form of self-love, specifically Black femme self love.

It's different than Gaga's activism and preaching, because both relatively stay within their identities. Gaga, as a white queer woman who is seen as a queer icon; Bey, as a Black woman who is seen as a femme and Black icon. Obviously both intersect sometimes (Gaga actively supporting #BlackLivesMatter, Bey waving around Pride flags sometimes), but they tend to stay in their lane.

In defense of Beyonce, and in the quote of her mother, from her sister's album

It's such beauty in black people, and it really saddens me when we're not allowed to express that pride in being black, and that if you do, then it's considered anti-white. No! You just pro-black. And that's okay. The two don't go together.

I will politely disagree. I don't really think what she's doing is even activism. It's a show of supremacy beliefs. And I'm Native American, we, along with the Blacks, have experienced worse racism and disrespect than everyone else. 

TheQueenLG
30 minutes ago, Miel said:

Also, it's more of a "we been knew" situation that Bey is seen as the better performer, and Gaga as the better musician and artist.

I'm far from a Bey stan, but I don't think it is fair to come for her performances and pop activism as "derisive and nearly racist". It's just plain advocacy for Black pride.

I think you should unpack that, if her form of Black pride advocacy makes you defensive. I'm not saying she's perfect with her activism, and I have my own criticisms regarding it, but in my opinion, the principle is not any different than Gaga's message of equality. She's just focusing it on a different demographic.

I'm all for Black pride... In fact, I marched for BLM... However, what Bey is doing is causing more divisiveness than it is inclusivity. That's a problem. And I am okay to mention it even though she is a kick-as* performer.  

Borislshere
26 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

That's helpful. I was trying to lead a meaningful discussion. But you do you. 

What's there to discus? Beyonce a black woman celebrating black culture and focusing on uplifting The black community? Black people have been seen as the bottom of the barrel for ages. Bey is simply just trying to change that while not sacrificing who she is.  Just like Gaga and the gay community who was seen as the weirdos, she came into the scene thanking the gays at award shows and talking about us any chance she got. If someone has a voice, let them use it. Sorry you don't feel "included" but not everything is meant for everyone. 

Also, like many others have stated in this thread, liking black men and having female friends doesn't exclude you from being racist and misogynistic. 

But you do you. 

Mythos

What is going on on GGD today? Is it "let's hate on beyonce" - day? Can we next time maybe be informed before, so i can ignore this site for few days?

Edonis
3 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

It's a show of supremacy beliefs.

2 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

However, what Bey is doing is causing more divisiveness than it is inclusivity.

Where are the receipts for this? Where is she telling her audience that there should be black supremacy or that she promotes divisiveness?

TheQueenLG
29 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

How many times do we have to explain that being atracted to to black men does not mean you're not racist? If anything, that you can say something like that and still not realize the importance of the statement made by Beyoncé, means you're perpetuating the objectification and over-sexualization of the black body that have been going on for centuries. You have no clue of what going on, honey. Bey's message is one about empowering historically oppressed groups. It's just that your white privileged as* is so used to being in the spotlight that you can't stand when, just for a change, the cultural conversation does not revolve around white men.  

I've always disagreed with this claim. I don't like black men for their body or for their d*ck. Excuse me, you don't know me. Please don't accuse me of over-sexualization. I think they're cute. And I'm okay with voicing that. If you think that's racist, I really am sorry. I consider myself to be the most inclusive person I know. And I'm not white. I'm Native American. My culture has experienced just as much discrimination as the Blacks have. Don't go there. I have never been in the spotlight. I am not discriminative towards white people because they, in the past, mistreated my ethnicity. Beyonce is. That's a problem. Inclusivity is the only answer to racism. If you don't understand that then I don't even know where to start. 

holy scheisse
7 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I'm all for Black pride... In fact, I marched for BLM... However, what Bey is doing is causing more divisiveness than it is inclusivity. That's a problem. And I am okay to mention it even though she is a kick-as* performer.  

Why? Should she be catering to white people or something?

TheQueenLG
33 minutes ago, Miel said:

Yup. Same as "my friends are female" does not mean an individual cannot be sexist.

Okay, you may be right here. I should've wrote my friends are both male and female and I treat them both with equal respect and inclusivity. I apologize. 

Taylorrgh
27 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Where are the receipts for this? Where is she telling her audience that there should be black supremacy or that she promotes divisiveness?

Exactly! All she is doing is promoting black culture and sticking up for black rights/pride 

Taylorrgh
3 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I've always disagreed with this claim. I don't like black men for their body or for their d*ck. Excuse me, you don't know me. Please don't accuse me of over-sexualization. I think they're cute. And I'm okay with voicing that. If you think that's racist, I really am sorry. I consider myself to be the most inclusive person I know. And I'm not white. I'm Native American. My culture has experienced just as much discrimination as the Blacks have. Don't go there. I have never been in the spotlight. I am not discriminative towards white people because they, in the past, mistreated my ethnicity. Beyonce is. That's a problem. Inclusivity is the only answer to racism. If you don't understand that then I don't even know where to start. 

Honey, what are you talking about? Let me get this straight because Beyoncé is uplifting the black community, she’s not  promoting inclusivity? That makes no sense. Please go educate yourself. Have a blessed day

Monsterish

I'm not a big fan of Beyoncé and I'm the first to say she's overrated, but what she did in Coachella was the proof that she's playing in another level and that she's the pop super-star of this generation, sorry not sorry :trollga: I mean, she gave birth 3 times and look at her! She looks healthy and energetic like in 2013. She's a perfecionist artist and that scks sometimes, but she did an amazing show and, in my opinion, she has consagrated herself in pop history working hard. I mean, you can be against her message, her outfits or choreos, anyway her success is deserved + She's a good Gaga friend :yay: 

TheQueenLG
13 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

A word of advice: "I'm attracted to black men" and "I have female friends" does not bolster your viewpoint in any way. 

Anyway, not everybody is gonna dedicate their career preaching about equality. Sometimes it's about equity. Beyonce is a black woman. Gaga is a white woman. Beyonce is a hero for her culture and race tbh and that's that. 

She can be a hero. But I don't agree with her when her activism, whether she intends it to or not, discriminates against those who are different than she is. That's racist. She probably doesn't take it quite this far, but pretty close. 

Archived