💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce ~ The Tea

TheQueenLG

Featured Posts

TheQueenLG

Hey sistrens.... this may be a bit controversial, here we go anyways.

So... Bey just performed at Coachella last night, and the perfection of her talent, vocals, and choreo certainly cannot be denied. My problem is with other things.

While Queen Gaga has preached inclusiveness and kindness since day one, I cannot say the same for Beyonce. She, throughout her career, has seemed to preach more of a female-superior and black-superior message. In addition, with her whole “suck my balls” chant at Coachella, don’t you think she’s taken it a bit too far? I feel like she certainly can express her (appropriate) feminist beliefs and beliefs that blacks are mistreated in a way that doesn’t disrespect people unlike her. The way in which she expresses her decisive (nearly racist) sentiments will not lead to the progress she, or her followers, are seeking. 

Our Queen, Gaga, has notoriously said that “we love everyone here” (come through JWT!) And this, whether Bey or her team will ever admit it, is the way to share your activism in an appropriate, progress-seeking way. 

I don’t think anyone can argue at this point that Bey doesn’t dance and sing at the same time better than Gaga. However, Gaga writes, produces, and plays instruments, things Bey does not. In addition, as I state above, Gaga is a much more effective, polite activist. So to those trying to assess who’s the best: just stop. Beyonce may be a more talented performer. And Gaga is, undeniably, stronger in terms of artistry and message. 

What are your thoughts? And yes, I’m ready for the big storm coming to me.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere

I’m wore out on defending Beyoncé on this site so imma just say I’m sorry you feel that way 

tumblr_p48nrp0oOd1u6n38po1_250.gif

Ryusei

wait wut that was actually "suck my balls"? :ladyhaha:  I thought that was another "f*ggots make some noise" situation :ladyhaha: 

Musery

Andrea B

its not that deep.

Gaga is a better musician.

Beyonce is a better performer.

Edonis

Y'all dislike this woman way too much. The grasping, the reaching, the stretching that you guys are doing to find something wrong with her performance is too much...

Edonis

How are you going to be mad that a BLACK WOMAN put on a show inspired by HER OWN culture. A mess. A kii. An embarrassment.

sipthistea

What is this? What's goin' on? Is this BeyoncéDaily now and nobody told me? :laughga:

You guys are grasping at straws to try and drag Bey and I think it stems from insecurity. I'm not talking about you specifically because you seem to have a genuine question but I've seen so many mean spirited and dismissive comments on here this past day after her Coachella show and it gets me wondering if it is out of insecurity and jealousy that perhaps she matched Gaga's Coachella performance with ease. 

To answer your question...work opportunities are scarce for ppl of color. Bey is helping her own out. It just is what it is. She has employed tons of white women before and for her Coachella she really wanted to help these young black artists to score a big cred in their resume. Imagine having "performed with Beyonce at Coachella" in your resume. It'd help break down so many walls of discrimination that black and other poc ppl face while trying to find a job...especially in the entertainment industry. Her doing black empowerment should be appreciated.

Spoiler

PS: It's ok to question Bey's form of activism. I'm all here for that like @GypsyBabe mentioned below BUT this site has taken it a little too far this past day. The dragging she is receiving can be questioned because it stems right after her Coachella show which isn't a coincidence. It indicates that that show resonated with ppl on here in different ways and triggered some to feel a certain way...some of it IS in fact out of insecurity and jealousy no matter how we try and flip it. It's so transparent. Where as I'm sure some others simply do not like her form of activism and I can totally respect that.

rumours
6 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I feel like she certainly can express her (appropriate) feminist beliefs and beliefs that blacks are mistreated in a way that doesn’t disrespect people unlike her. The way in which she expresses her decisive (nearly racist) sentiments will not lead to the progress she, or her followers, are seeking. 

Excuse me, I would like a refund. 

giphy.gif

I ordered hot tea, but instead you serve me a block of ice. 

giphy.gif

Miel

It was not derisive, nor racist. What she is doing is presenting a more sort of aggressive form of self-love, specifically Black femme self love.

It's different than Gaga's activism and preaching, because both relatively stay within their identities. Gaga, as a white queer woman who is seen as a queer icon; Bey, as a Black woman who is seen as a femme and Black icon. Obviously both intersect sometimes (Gaga actively supporting #BlackLivesMatter, Bey waving around Pride flags sometimes), but they tend to stay in their lane.

In defense of Beyonce, and in the quote of her mother, from her sister's album

It's such beauty in black people, and it really saddens me when we're not allowed to express that pride in being black, and that if you do, then it's considered anti-white. No! You just pro-black. And that's okay. The two don't go together.

3 points in and ready for more

elijahfan

I kinda get what you mean, but she just celebrated her culture. I don't think it must be taken too literally... It was empowering to watch, even for a white boy. I didn't necessarily feel excluded from the conversation. And I sure as hell enjoyed the show.

Miel

Also, it's more of a "we been knew" situation that Bey is seen as the better performer, and Gaga as the better musician and artist.

I'm far from a Bey stan, but I don't think it is fair to come for her performances and pop activism as "derisive and nearly racist". It's just plain advocacy for Black pride.

I think you should unpack that, if her form of Black pride advocacy makes you defensive. I'm not saying she's perfect with her activism, and I have my own criticisms regarding it, but in my opinion, the principle is not any different than Gaga's message of equality. She's just focusing it on a different demographic.

GypsyBabe

Like you, I am not a fan of how she promotes her activism. But here we are...

I am not insecure in the least and am 29 years old which means that I have been a fan of hers since her debut. I was a DC stan as a kid. Overall, I much prefer Gaga’s inclusive approach to Bey’s exclusive one. But both women are trying to make the world a better place so I really can’t complain. 

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with how Beyoncé does things. Everyone flips out because god forbid you say something negative about Bey, yet they can drag Gaga through the pits of hell and back. :nails:

⚯͛

Miel

Now, if we're gonna have a more critical conversation about how Beyonce can be seen as unfairly praised beyond her technically amazing skills, then by all means, why not? She is a top tier performer, but I do think it is not unfair to critique the probability of minimal involvement in some of her artistry, specifically song creation. Or how her activism could possibly be seen as performative, whereas Gaga has been a more bold activist since before many of her peers, including Beyonce.

But the conversation listed in the OP is, in my opinion, misguided.

Archived