💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG6 - Lemonade or Purpose?

robboadam

Featured Posts

robboadam

So when LG6 comes out, would you prefer it to be an album in the vein of:

Justin Bieber's 'Purpose' (ie. hit singles, very poppy, modern, relevant, etc)

268x0w.jpg

OR

Beyoncé's 'Lemonade' (ie. lacking any 'hits', but strong critical acclaim and a deep, personal album)

268x0w.jpg

My personal preference would be the latter - I feel like Gaga's had so many hits that she doesn't need to prove that side of her anymore. Sure, I think she was trying to get strong critical acclaim with Joanne, but I think the issue with critics was she was 'trying too hard' to be a country/songwriter artist. If she went away on a retreat with some writers and musicians, and didn't have a goal to be 'authentic', then I think she could make something really special. And a critically-acclaimed album (bar TFM) is the one thing missing from her repertoire.

But there's many on the forum who want a return to ReDone days, so just wanted to see what people would prefer from LG6?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andreu

Purpose, in being successful with multiple hits and setting a trend. Moreover, being gagz the songs will be better

robboadam
2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

The acclaim of Lemonade and the hits of Purpose. How bout that? :hor:

220px-Teenage_Dream_album_cover.png

:triggered:

ryanripley

omg Lemonade by far

who cares if it didn't have any hits? everyone knows it exists and bops to Formation

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, robboadam said:

I feel like Gaga's had so many hits that she doesn't need to prove that side of her anymore.

Actually, she needs to prove that she isn't something that expired on the radio 10 years into her career.

robboadam
1 minute ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Define "so many hits" because I can count them with only one hand :awkney:

Just Dance, Poker Face, Love Game, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, Born This Way, Edge of Glory, You & I, Applause, Do What U Want, Million Reasons

PoshLife

I mean, the way you describe "Lemonade" sounds a lot like "Joanne," so I'm gonna say I'd prefer the former next time

But I do think Gaga is capable of making a personal album with real hits. I don't think she really endeavored to do that with "Joanne." She knows how to be popular and mainstream (see The Cure for a recent example), and every album she's put out has had some personal stuff.

weed
Just now, gabrielflorin01 said:

Define "so many hits" because I can count them with only one hand :awkney:

3 #1 hits (2 of them MASSIVE) and a 4th cute hit is a lot from a 13 track album lol

robboadam
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Actually, she needs to prove that she isn't something that expired on the radio 10 years into her career.

But why? If she's making critically acclaimed music anyway (in the case of a Lemonade-esque album)?

Dominic

Purpose easily. I want to hear my queen on the radio, on music channels and in clubs.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived