šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Qveen Herby - Sade in the 90s (Out Now)

Yuuri

Featured Posts

YoungWildCanadian

I hate to be that person but this isnā€™t living up to her Karmin stuff.Ā :classy:

YoungWildCanadian

Yuuri
7 minutes ago, Lj Tyson Kimbley said:

I hate to be that person but this isnā€™t living up to her Karmin stuff.Ā :classy:

Wifey, Busta Rhymes, and Holiday have surpased all of her pop-Karmin music, in which they were forced into. R&B, and Rap is what they love doing and reminds them of before they were signed.

zachmousseau

Iā€™ve followed Amy and NickĀ for nearly a decade, so I felt compelled to say something...

The Qveen Herby platform is being nicely established, yes, especially givenĀ that sheā€™s still taking an indie approachĀ toĀ R&B/Hip-Hop, but Herby is not a streaming force nor a radio presence... yet.

Ā 

Now as for you bashing Karmin, letā€™s break it down:

-Amy and Nick meshed very well as a couple making fresh, intriguing covers of popular recordsĀ on YouTube.Ā Amyā€™s raw and powerful rendition of Look At Me Now established that she could not only sing, but also had the versatility ofĀ rapping verses very successfully.

-Karminā€™s Brokenhearted and Hello from their debut EPĀ had massive US exposure, and afforded them to tour make their 3rd and final record as a duo.Ā 

-Their first full-lengthĀ LP, Pulses, was where they were ā€˜forcedā€™Ā into the more generic radio-friendly pop you mentioned.Ā 

-The follow-up record, Leo Rising, was completed after theyā€™d parted with the label. ā€˜Karminā€™ was put on hiatus following the tour for the album.Ā 

-Qveen Herby is still Karmin at heart, itā€™s just a concentrated piece of it. Amy concocted Herby to fully purse a rap career and being a new project.Ā 

-So, you canā€™t diss one to up-sell the other... because Karmin gave way to Herby ever evenĀ happening. Weā€™ll see the full potential of her music when the album is completed and realized. The tracks sheā€™s released on the EPs are sampling where she exactly fits, and what parts everyone responds to most strongly.Ā 

Ā 

Archived