Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Nicki Minaj - Chun-Li

misunderstood

Featured Posts

RAMROD

OMG all these people who keep calling about appropriation, y’all are weak and embarassing sometimes SMH!!

Chun Li is a videogame character that have been COSPLAYED by all kinds of age and race and gender. Please just quite it with trying to say that it is wrong for Nekci to put some buns on her head. YOU are the wrong one here, so just... chill, and learn about the other sides of pop culture honestly. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

No, but she definitely visualized it. 

who cares lol. this is a non issue in the real world, outside of SJW circles.

bloody g
38 minutes ago, Andreu said:

nnnnnnnnn

It triggers me that she says finess since I had never heard that word outside of Bruno's song

excatly coz you know who is in :laughga:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

DeleteMyAccount
3 minutes ago, Fish said:

who cares lol. this is a non issue in the real world, outside of SJW circles.

I'm only correctly you. Don't get so offended. 

Plus, it actually is an issue considering so many people get pissed whenever culture is wrongly exposed in the media. Remember when people went after Katy at the AMAs?

The issue is that there's more cultural appreciation of Asians than actual Asians in the industry. Let's give that spotlight to people who deserve it. 

Also, dismissing the objections of PoC as SJW is a dismissal to anyone with concerns for future exposure in the industry. Let people have a voice. Don't get so offended. Go object to REAL issues. Are you? 

bloody g
2 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

The triggering :ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha: 

she is appropiating video game culture :grr:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

10 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

I'm only correctly you. Don't get so offended. 

Plus, it actually is an issue considering so many people get pissed whenever culture is wrongly exposed in the media. Remember when people went after Katy at the AMAs?

The issue is that there's more cultural appreciation of Asians than actual Asians in the industry. Let's give that spotlight to people who deserve it. 

Also, dismissing the objections of PoC as SJW is a dismissal to anyone with concerns for future exposure in the industry. Let people have a voice. Don't get so offended. Go object to REAL issues. Are you? 

I am not offended, just annoyed by people bringing this cultural app bs. I genuinely feel like it's bullshit and actually an impediment on freedom of expression, which is also an important matter. Political correctness is a slippery rope.

Representation of POC people in the media is an issue, and we should definitely talk about how POC people are represented or hired in such industries, and so on, but I feel like you're conflating two subjects that aren't necessarily related. We live in a globalized world, in North America (well me). Cultures are mixing up and popular culture is a patchwork of different stuff. Dressing up as an historically ostracized and disadvantaged group like Amerindians, is cultural appropriation, depending on the context. Putting on a kimono is very different, and in my view is not CA. it is very contextual and because someone from one culture or with a certain appearance put on something or do something traditionally associated with another culture is not automatically CA.

And because youre a POC doesn't mean you don't belong to that diffuse group that is SWJ, which I find, at occasions, annoying and chained to their dogma. I stick to my opinion. Glad to discuss.

DeleteMyAccount
8 minutes ago, Fish said:

I am not offended, just annoyed by people bringing this cultural app bs. I genuinely feel like it's bullshit and actually an impediment on freedom of expression, which is also an important matter. Political correctness is a slippery rope.

Representation of POC people in the media is an issue, and we should definitely talk about how POC people are represented or hired in such industries, and so on, but I feel like you're conflating two subjects that aren't necessarily related. We live in a globalized world, in North America (well me). Cultures are mixing up and popular culture is a patchwork of different stuff. Dressing up as an historically ostracized and disadvantaged group like Amerindians, is cultural appropriation, depending on the context. Putting on a kimono is very different, and in my view is not CA. it is very contextual and because someone from one culture or with a certain appearance put on something or do something traditionally associated with another culture is not automatically CA.

And because youre a POC doesn't mean you don't belong to that diffuse group that is SWJ, which I find, at occasions, annoying and chained to their dogma. I stick to my opinion. Glad to discuss.

But you're literally a SJW about SJWs. You don't even understand what CA is. 

These are great videos to widen the idea of CA. It's NOT bs. Check it.

LordEnigma
On 4/12/2018 at 12:12 PM, Andreu said:

nnnnnnnnn

It triggers me that she says finess since I had never heard that word outside of Bruno's song

It’s interesting - I think she dropped it in there to get people riled up.

But if you have only heard finesse from bruno’s song - you need to leave the house more.

Andreu
1 hour ago, Alexander Levi said:

It’s interesting - I think she dropped it in there to get people riled up.

But if you have only heard finesse from bruno’s song - you need to leave the house more.

Maybe I don't need to leave the house more because I don't live in a place where people speak English and besides my English class the only place I have pear people speaking in English are songs (?)

LordEnigma
Just now, Andreu said:

Maybe I don't need to leave the house more because I don't live in a place where people speak English and besides my English class the only place I have pear people speaking in English are songs (?)

It’s a shady joke - don’t take it too seriously :ladyhaha:

Miel

Kind of OT, but if a person of Asian background has something to say regarding a character that is explicitly Asian... it isn't exactly just something to brush off.

Like, yeah, Chun Li is a video game character, but it doesn't stop there.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived