Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Nicki Minaj - Chun-Li

misunderstood

Featured Posts

Seeka
6 hours ago, Inferno said:

I want you to clarify in detail what her asian heritage actually is. Because as far as i've been educated shes partially south asian which has nothing to do with the asian cultures she actually appropriates.

can you imagine someone who is only like 5% black appropriating rap culture? black twitter would have a field day. but somehow this is okay because it has nothing to do with their own culture. and any non-black poc is too afraid to make the issues of their own culture anything more than a sidebar to black issues.

I'm just wondering if you would consider cosplaying as a character not of your race, racist? With no effort to make yourself look like that characters race, of course.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeka

Lets all be honest here. The lyrics are going to be like:

I'll kick that ****** bitch's ass like I'm in street fighter.

Got legs and ass like chun-li

Girl just gonna watch while I ride ken and ryu's dicks.

7 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

YAASSS LING LING COME THRU WITH THAT ORIENTAL BOP

o0oNSWP.gif

Oh my :ladyhaha:

DeleteMyAccount

nicki-minaj-geisha.jpg

There's been others y'all. Nothing new. 

And to the non-Asian folks here.. Please don't speak for me and what I can and cannot be offended by.

Enigma

Why is everyone talking about Chun Li but nothing about Barbie Thingz :selena:

Wolf Boy
1 hour ago, Seeka said:

Lets all be honest here. The lyrics are going to be like:

I'll kick that ****** bitch's ass like I'm in street fighter.

Got legs and ass like chun-li

Girl just gonna watch while I ride ken and ryu's dicks.

God i hope so. And ive wanted Ryus diq for years tbh

River
1 hour ago, ZacharyMark said:

nicki-minaj-geisha.jpg

There's been others y'all. Nothing new. 

And to the non-Asian folks here.. Please don't speak for me and what I can and cannot be offended by.

Just yesterday I asked you about what if a black person would CA another culture and she comes with that, I'm a psychic :laughga:

*just sharing it with you because we had the convo, but not opening the discussion*

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

DemeLarell
7 hours ago, Inferno said:

This is an example of black people being down to borrow from other cultures and yet do not give a single f*ck about the issues of said culture. For as much as black twitter is down to defend their own against appropriation, they're hypocritical in the sense that they're down to steal from latino culture for instance but still blatantly hold their own prejudices towards actual latino people and dont care about changing that because its not apart of their agenda. They'll speak spanish for the sake of a verse and use latino samples and latino rappers but are quick to put latinos in their place in relation to the blm movement. Nicki Minaj being allowed to appropriate any asian culture without black twitter feeling any need to at least call her out on that goes to show their own hypocrisy. If you can't even acknowledge this truth....

You're right, other cultures do need to step up and defend their own though. That being said, I think a lot are going to be beaten down if they try.

Kinda general right??? The black people that channel other ethnicities are not usually  the same ones bashing other races for doing it 

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, River said:

Just yesterday I asked you about what if a black person would CA another culture and she comes with that, I'm a psychic :laughga:

*just sharing it with you because we had the convo, but not opening the discussion*

No, hun. You said people from other cultures should take other people's cultures and share it. That's completely different. :laughga:

Also, take the context of this thread into play. I was responding to previous comments made by other users. You CLEARLY did not watch the videos I shared with you. 

But let's get into it.

CA is not like Culture Day in Kindergarten. That would be Cultural Appreciation. Cultural Appropriation is a completely different matter. You said you aren't from the US, so I can't really help you out considering you don't even know the landscape here nor seem to dabble into educating yourself upon real views by real PoC. 

DO NOT come at people with cattiness when talking about Cultural appropriation. You said it yourself. You don't care how others portray people who look like you. And that's fine. You don't care if people take your cultural and use it whatever way they please. That's also fine. But don't come in here and think you know the context of what I speak about. It has zero to do with I previously had to say. I wasn't talking to you. I was joining the conversation here. If you put that into consideration you'd understand where I was coming from. 

Creyk
6 hours ago, Devyn said:

Queen Vicky :air: 

6 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

God i hope so. And ive wanted Ryus diq for years tbh

5 hours ago, River said:

5 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

Kinda general right??? The black people that channel other ethnicities are not usually  the same ones bashing other races for doing it 

3 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

NpliPvh_GKjLtQbc2cnDqKxdC88602BJ7fuENqQl

Half Back leaked, you can now listen to it

(and it's not even good lol)

Wolf Boy
2 hours ago, Creyk said:

Half Back leaked, you can now listen to it

(and it's not even good lol)

I love it

BBhomemaker

Nicki always stanned Asian culture 

She even have a tattoo, she like it 

I wanted a video for this track, like with some video game fight and her on the city with a story, I hope she gonna do it for this new song

Monster2015

As I'm a huge gamer and love street fighter, I'm lowkey excited for this. CHUN LI IS SHOOKETH

Archived