💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Nicki Minaj - Chun-Li

misunderstood

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, Inferno said:

I want you to clarify in detail what her asian heritage actually is. Because as far as i've been educated shes partially south asian which has nothing to do with the asian cultures she actually appropriates.

can you imagine someone who is only like 5% black appropriating rap culture? black twitter would have a field day. but somehow this is okay because it has nothing to do with their own culture. and any non-black poc is too afraid to make the issues of their own culture anything more than a sidebar to black issues.

omg gurl bye. I cant with this cultural app bs. Shes referencing a video game. Its not like shes rapping about geisha culture for god sake.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yanko
18 hours ago, Inferno said:

I want you to clarify in detail what her asian heritage actually is. Because as far as i've been educated shes partially south asian which has nothing to do with the asian cultures she actually appropriates.

can you imagine someone who is only like 5% black appropriating rap culture? black twitter would have a field day. but somehow this is okay because it has nothing to do with their own culture. and any non-black poc is too afraid to make the issues of their own culture anything more than a sidebar to black issues.

dd stop reaching and move on LOL 

Eddie
13 hours ago, imwoahvicky said:

i'm shook tbh she sounds so good

Hide contents

480x270.gif.bc9521881e9f40fbb0382efdf165

Hide contents

If it doesn't sound like this I'd be extremely disappointed :ladyhaha:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Eddie

All these comments about cultural appdojwyhrwlriation over a cosplay from a videogame :ladyhaha: calm your nipples gurls, chun li is not even real

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

MonsterPaws
22 hours ago, Inferno said:

Chun-Li is a reference to a Chinese video game character from Street Fighter. Street Fighter is a Japanese video game that's ingrained in American pop culture of the 70s/80s (forgot the decade) that Nicki (I'm assuming) grew up in. 

And I mentioned this in another thread somewhere. SJWs' "Cultural Appropriation" and actual cultural appropriation are two different things.

And on top of that, we Westerners/Westernized people should stop speaking for other cultures. People* dragged some artists for using Japanese imagery when Japanese people generally really really didn't take any offense to it.

Spoiler

(typically non Asian Americans and even if they're Asian-American ethnically; ethnicity does not determine what culture you're in or identify with

Black people taking offense at someone utilizing Black vernacular or suddenly adopting rap culture because it's trendy or cool is a matter for them to decide. We can engage in intellectual debates but nothing more. Side note: isn't "black twitter" notorious for being a bit extreme-ish anyway???

SEANGT
1 hour ago, MonsterPaws said:

Side note: isn't "black twitter" notorious for being a bit extreme-ish anyway???

why you gotta ruin a nuanced argument with this at the end lol 

Creyk
17 hours ago, Eddie said:

All these comments about cultural appdojwyhrwlriation over a cosplay from a videogame :ladyhaha: calm your nipples gurls, chun li is not even real

17 hours ago, Derpplause said:

when will Mariah?

o0oNSWP.gif

On 4/11/2018 at 4:27 AM, Devyn said:

Queen Vicky :air: 

The Chun Li snippet is out and it sounds AMAZING, seems like it's a lot b etter than the other 3 songs she will put out in 9 hours

misunderstood

The snippet is great! Really reminds me of mixtape Nicki. Her core rap fans are gonna be so happy I think!

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Am I A Girl
27 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

The snippet is great! Really reminds me of mixtape Nicki. Her core rap fans are gonna be so happy I think!

Where can i listen to snippet 

Archived