I will though :kara:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PerfectGUY

Oh yes (some of them are already mentioned + I'm actualizing my list lol) :

- Dunkirk

- 3 Billboards

- Forrest Gump (watched it when I was young though) 

- The Revenant

- Birdman

MonsterPaws
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

i haven't seen The Exorcist but i've been putting it off because i know it's so old and i want to say i liked it :giveup: 

and i agree about Frozen, it overshadowed way too many better movies because they milked it to death :madge: 

i loved Avatar too and i've been meaning to rewatch it cus i haven't seen it since it came out and Sigourney Weaver is :firega: 

Definitely watch The Exorcist to see if you like it. But if you feel bored halfway through or even before that (I think the film is almost 2 hours; it felt like 3 anyway...) then just quit. It's not worth it. Watch an episode or two of a TV show you enjoy or something :emma:

Avatar is definitely great, and I need James Cameron to stop pushing the goddamn Avatar sequel(s) dates :saladga:

ryanripley
Just now, Ryusei said:

Any annoying superhero movie with one-liners galore. 

i didn't care about Guardians Of The Galaxy and i'm at peace with that :tony: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

LOVE SIMON. Now hear me out, I know this movie is important for 11 year old gays to feel like it’s ok to be gay but we’re talking about taste here right?

This movie has LITERALLY NO CONFLICT. First of all it starts with him saying he’s a normal high-school kid just like everyone else while they show him getting a car as a present and using his Mac Book Pro on a huge house lol. Then they show his family, who are literally the  cliche of liberal people in America and his friends who are also pretty nice and supporting. The only people who are truly homophobic are these two guys in school who do nothing but call a kid the f word (I know that’s ****ed but come on, people get literally beat up at school for being gay). 

He’s melodramatic throughout the whole movie while everyone is like “chill bro”.

Enigma
4 minutes ago, Bio said:

LOVE SIMON. Now hear me out, I know this movie is important for 11 year old gays to feel like it’s ok to be gay but we’re talking about taste here right?

This movie has LITERALLY NO CONFLICT. First of all it starts with him saying he’s a normal high-school kid just like everyone else while they show him getting a car as a present and using his Mac Book Pro on a huge house lol. Then they show his family, who are literally the  cliche of liberal people in America and his friends who are also pretty nice and supporting. The only people who are truly homophobic are these two guys in school who do nothing but call a kid the f word (I know that’s ****ed but come on, people get literally beat up at school for being gay). 

He’s melodramatic throughout the whole movie while everyone is like “chill bro”.

I would argue that the dad is not that supportive at first and that the goal is to encourage kids to come out, not to scare them

Titanic and Star Wars. I hate movies that don’t pay attention to details. That really bugs me out. 

Titanic

1. I don’t think they can survive the water temperature in Titanic.

2. The board was big enough for 2 people.

I mean if a story doesn’t work after making it realistic then maybe it isn’t a strong enough story.

Star Wars

1. Idk why the spacecrafts engines won’t stop blowing out fire. In space, which is a vacuum, constant acceleration will eventually make the spacecrafts reach the speed of light and god knows what would happen. They need to do some research. And that ruined the story for me.

Inception

I am the biggest fan of Nolan but I really can’t handle this one.

1. It’s a story about rich fighting rich after all. Why would I care it’s not like I can relate to e.g. someone making a story about they will lose 200 million in the stock market so they’d have to sell a private jet out of their 100.

ryanripley
Just now, Easy said:

Titanic and Star Wars. I hate movies that don’t pay attention to details. That really bugs me out. 

Titanic

1. I don’t think they can survive the water temperature in Titanic.

2. The board was big enough for 2 people.

I mean if a story doesn’t work after making it realistic then maybe it isn’t a strong enough story.

Star Wars

1. Idk why the spacecrafts engines won’t stop blowing out fire. In space, which is a vacuum, constant acceleration will eventually make the spacecrafts reach the speed of light and god knows what would happen. They need to do some research. And that ruined the story for me.

Inception

I am the biggest fan of Nolan but I really can’t handle this one.

1. It’s a story about rich fighting rich after all. Why would I care it’s not like I can relate to e.g. someone making a story about they will lose 200 million in the stock market so they’d have to sell a private jet out of their 100.

well everyone in the water was dead :laughga: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Oriane
11 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

Not necessarily. Most other Disney princess movies do have a love interest, as well as a "love at first sight" sort of thing, but nothing to the scale of Frozen (she literally hands Hans control of the situation like guuurl).

The love interest usually builds up or in Moana's case, doesn't exist whatsoever. Tangled built up, Aladdin (if you count Jasmine since some people don't) did it, Mulan, Princess and the Frog all did it etc. My main gripe is that Disney tried to do a reversal of the love story by focusing on her sister but it didn't feel that way at all.

Hans' betrayal scene was horribly executed imo. Frozen overall was very nice and as long as kids like it then so do I, but the whole idea could have been done way better rather than sticking to convention/what will definitely work. In retrospect Frozen just doesn't deserve the praises it got when it first came out.

Yes but look at the first movies, Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora fall in love instantly and marry right away after overcoming the obstacles that separate them from their love. With Frozen they probably wanted to make fun of this, because Disney has been associated with this traditional way of thinking for a long time and they realized it didn't send a good message. And Elsa herself doesn't have a love interest.

I agree it could have been better, there were some parts that could have been better executed. But as a whole it felt very fresh for many reasons and I love it despite its flaws.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Monster7
1 hour ago, GovernmentGaga said:

The Wolf of Wall Street 

There Will Be Blood

The Revenant 

Deadpool

My Own Private Idaho

The Walk

Foxcatcher

Split

Manchester by the Sea

Birdman

Fight Club

American Hustle

The Departed

200.gif

How

You

Dare??:nails:

Monster7
40 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

Oh yes (some of them are already mentioned + I'm actualizing my list lol) :

- Dunkirk

- 3 Billboards

- Forrest Gump (watched it when I was young though) 

- The Revenant

- Birdman

The best film 2017 right there:madge:

HosedDownGypsy

The shape of water:cryga: i never got the hype around it, imo it's nothing groundbreaking and kind of feels predictable:triggered:

RAIN ON ME

RodeckDanny

Add Coco please *cries*

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Archived