💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Highly praised movies you can't stand?

ryanripley

Featured Posts

MonsterPaws

Most horror movie classics.

The Exorcist series: I watched the original and almost died from boredom.

Click for rant -> 

Spoiler

That movie sucked ass, and I know that's subjective but what shouldn't be subjective is calling The Exorcist a "timeless classic." Timeless my ass. The special effects were **** (understandably) so the only thing left to make it a classic was the story/Exorcism part, which still sucked ass. People say it's a timeless classic but "we" don't understand because it relied on religion to instill real fear into people...AKA NOT F*CKING TIMELESS. Ughhh sorry for the rant.

Blair Witch Project. I agree with you OP also absolutely boring. I don't care if it spawned a genre of found-footage horror. The genre sucks (horror found footage not other found-footage films like Chronicle for example which is great).

Avatar: I honestly loved it, as well as its special effects were great at the time. Try watching it again, and you'll realize the special effects need an upgrade, the actual story was nice but nothing too drastic. Its best feature is its world-building which James Cameron does beautifully.

Frozen: Let It Go's catchiness was what made the movie popular. Fight me. The story line is subpar for a Disney movie imo. But seriously, two sisters locked up in their castle never speaking to each other? A princess falls in love with some random sketchy male at first site? The only intrigue of the plot was the man she fell in love with in LITERALLY seconds was evil? WELL SURPRISE B*ITCH?! Compared to Tangled which came out earlier, it's so sad to see Frozen get so much success. Tangled had a love story that developed throughout the movie, representation of familiar oppression, sacrifice (Rapunzel's hair in the end), it all felt powerful and real. Whereas Frozen was about "sisterly love" yet that literally just showed in the end (which made it so cliche imo).

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
666 others
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the books >>>>> 

i only really watched them to give me so visuals after reading the books and i was just getting mad at how much of the story they butcher :selena: 

My feelings exactly.

:holyshit:

Oriane

I don't hate Kubrick's movies but I'm not a fan, I don't like his style at all. So I agree with you for The Shining. "One of the scariest movies of all time" where ? :toofunny:

movieposter.jpg Kind of dated, boring and uninteresting, , except for the end.

MV5BYWY5ZjhjNGYtZmI2Ny00ODM0LWFkNzgtZmI1 War movies are usually boring for me.

the_big_lebowski_poster__by_leonrock84-d I usually like the Coen brothers but this...

la-haine-french-movie-poster-md.jpg Boring.

MV5BY2Q2NzQ3ZDUtNWU5OC00Yjc0LThlYmEtNWM3 I can't understand the hype for it. It's long and nothing is happening.

la-dolce-vita-vintage-style-italian-post Not a fan of this kind of Italian drama, it's very slow.

Le_Roi_et_l_Oiseau.jpg Creepy, there are some good ideas but as a whole...

mind-game.jpg Just WTF, too many things happening, weird plot...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

Most horror movie classics.

The Exorcist series: I watched the original and almost died from boredom.

Click for rant -> 

Reveal hidden contents

That movie sucked ass, and I know that's subjective but what shouldn't be subjective is calling The Exorcist a "timeless classic." Timeless my ass. The special effects were **** (understandably) so the only thing left to make it a classic was the story/Exorcism part, which still sucked ass. People say it's a timeless classic but "we" don't understand because it relied on religion to instill real fear into people...AKA NOT F*CKING TIMELESS. Ughhh sorry for the rant.

Blair Witch Project. I agree with you OP also absolutely boring. I don't care if it spawned a genre of found-footage horror. The genre sucks (horror found footage not other found-footage films like Chronicle for example which is great).

Avatar: I honestly loved it, as well as its special effects were great at the time. Try watching it again, and you'll realize the special effects need an upgrade, the actual story was nice but nothing too drastic. Its best feature is its world-building which James Cameron does beautifully.

Frozen: Let It Go's catchiness was what made the movie popular. Fight me. The story line is subpar for a Disney movie imo. But seriously, two sisters locked up in their castle never speaking to each other? A princess falls in love with some random sketchy male at first site? The only intrigue of the plot was the man she fell in love with in LITERALLY seconds was evil? WELL SURPRISE B*ITCH?! Compared to Tangled which came out earlier, it's so sad to see Frozen get so much success. Tangled had a love story that developed throughout the movie, representation of familiar oppression, sacrifice (Rapunzel's hair in the end), it all felt powerful and real. Whereas Frozen was about "sisterly love" yet that literally just showed in the end (which made it so cliche imo).

i haven't seen The Exorcist but i've been putting it off because i know it's so old and i want to say i liked it :giveup: 

and i agree about Frozen, it overshadowed way too many better movies because they milked it to death :madge: 

i loved Avatar too and i've been meaning to rewatch it cus i haven't seen it since it came out and Sigourney Weaver is :firega: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Oriane
5 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

A princess falls in love with some random sketchy male at first site?

Just like most other Disney princess movie though, and for once she learns that it's not always a good thing.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, Oriane said:

So I agree with you for The Shining. "One of the scariest movies of all time" where ? :toofunny:

msty.gif

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Alan123 said:

Dunkirk. 

I really have to think this through. I’ll name more later. 

giphy.gif

i loved that movie :giveup: why'd you hate it?

ryanripley
1 minute ago, MrA said:

Jurassic Park

reported

South Blonde
6 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Dunkirk. 

6 minutes ago, Devyn said:

Call me by your name. :saladga:

giphy.gif

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

PerfectGUY
28 minutes ago, LADYGAGASHOOCK said:

Forrest Gump:poot:

source.gif

Maybe I was too young when I saw it idk ...
But I HATED it

PerfectGUY
8 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Dunkirk. 

I understand.  :kara:

8 minutes ago, Devyn said:

Call me by your name. :saladga:

:interestinga: :fthis: :duck::gum::air:

elijahfan
10 minutes ago, Oriane said:

Just like most other Disney princess movie though, and for once she learns that it's not always a good thing.

This. If anything, Frozen was groundbreaking for that particular point.

Archived