Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

The Guardian: 10 Years of Gaga

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

Gaga did for my generation what Bowie did 20 years earlier. She re-queered a mainstream that had fallen back into heteronormative mundanity. She vocally defended the rights of LGBT people and spoke of her own bisexuality openly. In pop, she expanded what was palatable. She repopularised the flamboyant theatricality of outrageous costuming, on-stage bleeding and compulsive wig changes. She drew inspiration from Bowie’s lightning bolts, Alexander McQueen’s fashion, Leigh Bowery’s performance art, Prince’s androgyny. She performed in male drag, and forced us to question gender characteristics and human physicality with facial protrusions and prosthetic penises. She was the vanguard for a revival of queerness in pop culture that has left an astonishing legacy a decade later – one would hardly bat an eyelid now to hear a word such as “transgender” uttered in a chart-topping song, but before Born This Way the thought would have been startling. It is partly thanks to her that we now live in an era where RuPaul’s Drag Race is mainstream.

More: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/apr/10/10-years-of-lady-gaga-how-she-queered-mainstream-pop-forever?CMP=share_btn_fb

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

shame

Gaga also brought back female empowerment, exposed the male fantasy in pop music and made being woke as a superstar a thing. We have decided to stan foreva :diane:

angels forever, forever angels

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, Rino said:

omg this overflowing amount of praise :kara:

That would be the perfect time to drop a song, just saying

Pray4FameGa

I'm happy for Gaga but all this arse-licking is making me uncomfortable.

It was literally 3/4 years ago they'd criticise her for absolutely everything.

It's good she's proven herself with the Super Bowl but she shouldn't have had to, she was already all those things they're now praising her for.

Mirages

Finally someone giving her the recognition she deserves!

I'm the bitch that's fragile

GaGaAst
27 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

That would be the perfect time to drop a song, just saying

We all know she has almost 500 unreleased song by now but if she was to release a song everytime she gets praise she would run out of songs within few days...

Her image is best right now.. A soon to be legendary artist.. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

retroglamx
17 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

I'm happy for Gaga but all this arse-licking is making me uncomfortable.

It was literally 3/4 years ago they'd criticise her for absolutely everything.

It's good she's proven herself with the Super Bowl but she shouldn't have had to, she was already all those things they're now praising her for.

I think it's more about reflecting back and looking at the big picture.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Lord Temptation

Pop music was dead in 2008, until a big little monster came in a red riding hood, disco stick and tv screen shades and rescued us from oblivion. She brought back the superfan, the obsessive pop culture fanatic. Now us fame freaks have a Mom we can share, cherish and grow old together with :kara:

PunkTheFunk

I distinctly remember 2009 feeling like a transition year into the next decade -- Obama was sworn in as President, social media and smart phones were taking off, and Gaga came along and revived pop music with her four-on-the-floor beats and outlandish costumes. I wasn't a very big fan of hers then but even I was well aware that she was changing the game.

Those were exciting times :diane: 

Aga Gydal

This is an amazing piece that puts into words how I've felt about her mark on music and my own life. A total genre-queer oddity. Her being on top of the world informed my queerness, and allowed me to think and be different. I owe a LOT to this woman. Thank you Stef <3

Archived