Are you satisfied with the results so far? :oprah:

Yes. Except for My Need. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J
Just now, EvilRegal said:

Well......I would switch around 3 things probably but overall each song does have to go. My absolute faves are still in the game so I'm aight!  :staymad:

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

IAmNotHere1997
2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

What you did to this next one I'll never forgive ya! :grr:

Issa 50/50 so far.

That J

I swear if Velvet Rope is next......

My head may spin around. 

Phoebe Buffay

[#07] You 8,81

Highs - @gabrielflorin01 - 11

Lows - @The Bling@FrankGutz - 7

2pgzuAD.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@That J - This album is a banger and the 2nd track does not disappoint. It's all about honesty but with an urgency that can't be denied. 

@Janet - The breathiness of it all! I have absolutely no idea what she is singing about most of the time but I know I stan it, and then in comes that belter of a chorus? Wig. The original Born This Way.

@janetjackson - This song forever changed my life. Lyrically, it is about Janet facing her demons head on rather than lying to yourself. For those who don't know much about the album's concept, Janet in interviews specifically references the Ghanaian word/symbol "Sankofa," which translates to "go back and get it." It's associated with a proverb that stresses the need to reflect on the past in order to move forward. For Janet, this album was a means of overcoming depression, and You is the first of many tracks on the album to quite literally incorporate her past (in the form of musical samples from her childhood) to move forward and create something new. This song is a beast. 

@gabrielflorin01 - The first time I listened to this song, I started hysterically crying and felt like someone gave me a huge punch in stomach. This songs means a lot to me and it perfectly describes my life and how I used to have a fake persona that everybody loved. Unfortunately, acting like that didn't helped me at all and at the end of the day, I was very sad and depressed because I didn't felt like myself anymore. I couldn't blame anybody but me, and of course, very few people liked the real me and I lost a lot of "friends" when I stopped acting in a certain way just to please everyone and be like the others and don't upset anyone. But the truth set me free. I'm still trying to improve myself everday, and Miss Janet helped me a lot with this brutally honest track.

@Texas Joanne - the way this song just hits hard at you is amazing. it’s like an alarm clock waking you up. the way she shouts at you, the lyrics, it just screams what she’s trying to express on this album

@FrankGutz -  loved how raw sounded in some parts, cute

@The Bling - I love the way she sings it :firega: And the lyrics are something else, wow. Can I ask what's E-C-N-E-I-C-S-N-O-C btw? :oprah:  Or is it just some gibberish? inb4 some if u seek amy mess :poot:

That J

Ughhh YOU is sooooo good tho. 

That J

The lowest scores are still good. Just goes to show how great these songs are. 

Phoebe Buffay

I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU FOR DOING THIS MASTERPIECE DIRTY! :madge:

What song missed the top 5? :oprah:

IAmNotHere1997
1 minute ago, EvilRegal said:

[#07] You 8,81

Highs - @gabrielflorin01 - 11

Lows - @The Bling@FrankGutz - 7

2pgzuAD.jpg

Commentary

Reveal hidden contents

@That J - This album is a banger and the 2nd track does not disappoint. It's all about honesty but with an urgency that can't be denied. 

@Janet - The breathiness of it all! I have absolutely no idea what she is singing about most of the time but I know I stan it, and then in comes that belter of a chorus? Wig. The original Born This Way.

@janetjackson - This song forever changed my life. Lyrically, it is about Janet facing her demons head on rather than lying to yourself. For those who don't know much about the album's concept, Janet in interviews specifically references the Ghanaian word/symbol "Sankofa," which translates to "go back and get it." It's associated with a proverb that stresses the need to reflect on the past in order to move forward. For Janet, this album was a means of overcoming depression, and You is the first of many tracks on the album to quite literally incorporate her past (in the form of musical samples from her childhood) to move forward and create something new. This song is a beast. 

@gabrielflorin01 - The first time I listened to this song, I started hysterically crying and felt like someone gave me a huge punch in stomach. This songs means a lot to me and it perfectly describes my life and how I used to have a fake persona that everybody loved. Unfortunately, acting like that didn't helped me at all and at the end of the day, I was very sad and depressed because I didn't felt like myself anymore. I couldn't blame anybody but me, and of course, very few people liked the real me and I lost a lot of "friends" when I stopped acting in a certain way just to please everyone and be like the others and don't upset anyone. But the truth set me free. I'm still trying to improve myself everday, and Miss Janet helped me a lot with this brutally honest track.

@Texas Joanne - the way this song just hits hard at you is amazing. it’s like an alarm clock waking you up. the way she shouts at you, the lyrics, it just screams what she’s trying to express on this album

@FrankGutz -  loved how raw sounded in some parts, cute

@The Bling - I love the way she sings it :firega: And the lyrics are something else, wow. Can I ask what's E-C-N-E-I-C-S-N-O-C btw? :oprah:  Or is it just some gibberish? inb4 some if u seek amy mess :poot:

BYEEE!!!

That J

I'll guess Got Til It's Gone missed the top 5  ..or my jam Go Deep. 

I wish it was Together Again.  Lol. 

That J

Kinda off topic but if we do an ALL FOR YOU rate....prepare cuz I hate nearly half of that one. Lol. 

And 20 Y.O. was pretty EH too. 

The Bling

:poot: my faves still on what sorcery is this

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Archived