#TeamTogetherAgain or #TeamVelvetRope?

#TeamDontForgetToParticipeAtTheBionicMegarateToo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J
Just now, Janet said:

#TeamTogetherAgain, such a special song I DONT CARE IF IT IS OVERPLAYED

My God it was.  Honestly, it's a solid track.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
1 minute ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

#TeamDontForgetToParticipeAtTheBionicMegarateToo

I'll be so there...so damn bionic! 

Inferno
1 hour ago, That J said:

Rope Burn BEFORE Empty...before even Free Xone?!?!  

*hands out qtips to all participants*

Empty is my favorite track from the album and ultimately I think one of if not the best of them all. The production was so ahead and I feel like could be released today and sound current. Especially with its subject matter being more relevant than ever.

Whereas Rope Burn to me is like this dragged on interlude that bores quickly

That J
Just now, Inferno said:

Empty is my favorite track from the album and ultimately I think one of if not the best of them all. The production was so ahead and I feel like could be released today and sound current. Especially with its subject matter being more relevant than ever.

It's cool to me how we can love the same great album in different ways. That's art!!!   😉

Phoebe Buffay

[#02] Together Again - 9,55

Highs - @TheShameMonster@janetjackson@Texas Joanne@Janet - 11

Lows - @That J - 7

xoSnLAu.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@That J - The beginning of this song is STUNNING....then it drifts to radio ready hopeful dancehall goodness. It is good but I wonder what it could be without radio in mind.

@Janet - Fun Fact - when I first heard this song, I skipped. Sounded dated, and I wasn't into it. But oh my days, go back and listen again. The lyrics are so poignant, the song such a sweet testament to Janet's best friend who passed from AIDS. It's a truly moving, beautiful song and it gets me on the edge of tears every time. It's what I want to have playing at my funeral, for sure.

@janetjackson - In my opinion, one of the most beautiful songs of all time. A celebration of life. Her vocals soar. Only Janet can make a song that feels this good.

@The Bling -  I'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE :gum::gum::gum: I love this chorus :tony:

@HausOfAmericano - My favorite thing about Together Again is how it's so different from an usual track to somebody who has passed. It's more of a comemoration of life than an eulogy, and that's what makes it so good :diane:

@FrankGutz -  i USED to be obssesed with the video, i guess i overplayed the song cuz now it didnt do that much for me, still a lovely bop & have a special place in my heart

@gabrielflorin01 - You either cry on this song, dance, or smile. There's no in between.

@Kandy life - If you have lost someone you love, feel free to dance and cry to this song. A classic in the making.

WHICH LEADS US TO

[#01] Velvet Rope - 9,57

Highs - @EvilRegal@That J@HausOfAmericano - 11

Lows - @Inferno - 6,8

iSRaq6y.jpg

Commentary

Spoiler

@HausOfAmericano - This track remains one of my all-time favorites :giveup: The vocals, the production, the lyrics, everything about this track is perfect :giveup:

@Kandy life - The opening, it's really an invitation to bare your senses and to give and accept love from others. Such a bop!

@gabrielflorin01 - That. Violin. At. The. End. CHILLS. EVERYWHERE.

@FrankGutz - a classic, i always loved the violins

@janetjackson - Breathtaking beginning to Janet's most important album. This track cannot be separated from the interlude beforehand. "It's my belief that we all have the need to feel special. And it's this need that can bring out the best in us. Yet the worst in us. This need created...the Velvet Rope." It's chilling, it's a gut punch straight to the core. The electronic production, chimes and violin solo usher in a new Janet who's stronger, more vulnerable and braver with her musical choices than ever before.

@Texas Joanne - a perfect opener to the album. the way the interlude transitions so fast to here, the violen, and the production and lyrics. it just sets the whole theme for the album. a standout in her catalog

@The Bling - WHAT IS THIS BOP SENT FROM ABOVE OMG :pray::pray::pray: This instrumental slays anything alive

@That J - The first time my 11 has been the first song. What an introdction. This song is sexy smooth come hither greatness.  A flawless beginning and truly sets the tone.

@Janet - The opening klaxon. The airy, icy vocals. The significance of the meaning. The production may sound a little dated now, but that does not stop this song from absolutely being one fo the best opening tracks of a Miss Jackson album.

Inferno
31 minutes ago, That J said:

Really?!  Wow. Maybe I need to relisten lol. 

Mmm no, its every bit as annoying and vapid as you remember. Well I like the singles and about 2 maybe 3 album tracks. But for the most part its just like 2001-era silliness and not in like a particularly great way lol

IAmNotHere1997

I really didn't expected Velvet Rope to be #1. We have decided to stan FOREVER. :firega:

That J

I'm shook in all the right ways finally.  YES

Archived