throwback

Come To Mama (Father John Misty Demo)

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SKANK

The timing of him releasing this was a bit shady. He released it right after her version came out, and right after a high profile interview Gaga gave in which she claimed the difference between her and Madonna was her song writing chops. 

I'm not a fan of his pretentious attitude, but I wouldn't mind them working together again, though I doubt he would.

ryanripley

if he was so pressedt about her having the song, why hand it over lmao

anyways, i think he would have been a great feature on the song

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

McMonster08

I was thinking of this demo yesterday, did Gaga initially write the song for him? What's the Tea.mp3?:huh:

androiduser

look, let's be real here... EVERY major pop artist gets finished songs, changes a few lines and claims writing credit.... Gaga is no different...

androiduser
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

This disappointed me / sort of exposed Gaga tbh??

it's common practice, nothing special... Gaga changed a few lines and the overall sound and made it her own... but she does have an attitude like she'd never do that

holy scheisse
Just now, androiduser said:

it's common practice, nothing special... Gaga changed a few lines and the overall sound and made it her own... but she does have an attitude like she'd never do that

Yeah that's really it. I think it's my issue with Joanne is she was so willing to collaborate in that way. PI for example was amazing but she basically said it wasn't her song either. Sort of contradicts her reputation she's made for "writing every song" which I always admired 

AshIey
54 minutes ago, McMonster08 said:

I was thinking of this demo yesterday, did Gaga initially write the song for him? What's the Tea.mp3?:huh:

I think the song was his first (hence the demo version) and he played it for her while in the studio and she liked it a lot and decided to include it on Joanne.

Sneaky Oliver

Imagine writing 5 records but your fans are disappointed because you didn’t write one song :duck:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Space Cowboy
2 hours ago, SKANK said:

The timing of him releasing this was a bit shady. He released it right after her version came out, and right after a high profile interview Gaga gave in which she claimed the difference between her and Madonna was her song writing chops. 

I'm not a fan of his pretentious attitude, but I wouldn't mind them working together again, though I doubt he would.

2 hours ago, ryanripley said:

if he was so pressedt about her having the song, why hand it over lmao

What even is this shady speculation? All this is inaccurate no shade whatsoever, he just happen to release his demo during the Joanne promo rollout? (Which I'm sure he was asked too)

This is his last statement on gaga, on Beats 1 this past April

“That was way more immersive than the Beyoncé thing. Oh, we were hanging. It was like five in the morning, someone handing me an acoustic guitar and I’m just like, ‘what are hands.’ We had so much fun. Mark [Ronson] – just watching him produce, it was amazing,” he added.

So yeah no slander in this thread thanks!

Archived