💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Martin Freeman Had Enough With Fanfics

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

TELEMMGLPICT000157496739_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Bad news, anyone still shipping Johnlock: Martin Freeman has said categorically that his John Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock Holmes from the popular BBC series, Sherlock, are meant to be partners in crime-solving only.

“Me and Ben, we have literally never, never played a moment like lovers. We ain’t f***ing lovers.” he said to an interview with Telegraph.

But will they reunite on TV screen in future? Have there been discussions about a fifth series of Sherlock?

“Not massively,” answered Freeman. “I think after series four [it] felt like a pause. I think we felt we’d done it for a bit now. And part of it, speaking for myself, is [due to] the reception of it.”

Freeman admitted that he struggled with the [fans] expectations that he was put under during the show. “Being in that show, it is a mini-Beatles thing,” he explained. “People’s expectations, some of it’s not fun any more. It’s not a thing to be enjoyed, it’s a thing of: ‘You better f***ing do this, otherwise you’re a c***.’ That’s not fun any more.”

Full article at sources below:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/martin-freeman-interview-sherlock-isnt-fun-anymore/

www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-03-16/sherlock-watson-relationship-benedict-cumberbatch-martin-freeman-shipping-bbc/

www.indiewire.com/2018/03/martin-freeman-sherlock-done-not-fun-fan-pressure-1201940347/

Fandoms being destructive and ruining things they love in the end? What else is new? :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DelusionalGaga

Shippers always ruin fan experiences for celebs. Can't people just enjoy shows without making everything about romantic couples? 

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Derpplause said:

Nobody's asking you to read the fanfics though

z8BauMV.gif

1 minute ago, Unites said:

He could just ignore that stuff. The end.

He can’t escape it, I guess, there are always some people who tweeted that stuffs directly to him. Like some of us tweeted something inappropriate or rude to Gaga :poot:

SychosSoChic

Fandoms literally pay the rent and keep the show going, he needs to stop :air:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Not The Real Gaga
13 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

He can’t escape it, I guess, there are always some people who tweeted that stuffs directly to him. Like some of us tweeted something inappropriate or rude to Gaga :poot:

We would never do such thing :triggered:

:ladyhaha:

Antichrist
2 minutes ago, SychosSoChic said:

Fandoms literally pay the rent and keep the show going, he needs to stop :air:

that is exactly like saying gaga needs to do music her fans want, because they're the ones buying it :madge: 

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, Unites said:

We would never do such thing :triggered:

:ladyhaha:

:laughga:  if only

bloody g

Celebrities who get mad for fanfics are stupid tbh. The fact that someone created a fictional story from an already fictional story only seems natural to me. So everyone is ok with the fact that a character has a superhuman mind to solve murders, but two man falling in love is wrong? Interesting.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Miel
1 hour ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Shippers always ruin fan experiences for celebs. Can't people just enjoy shows without making everything about romantic couples? 

T, but especially with Sherlock fans. Glad to have left all that back in 2012 LMAO it has become more unhinged with time.

I feel like the dynamics of fandom, and fan fiction along with it, have overall evolved and grown up. I think, collectively, there has been a learning experience not to bombard actors with gay smut fiction, and rather attempt a conversation on what these beyond-canon relationships mean to them, especially in the context of queer representation.

I think back to the "SuperWhoLock" phase of fandom from a few years ago and want to die.

3 points in and ready for more

bionic

I have little sympathy when the show's crew purposely bait fans, knowing fully well how they will respond

buy bionic

DelusionalGaga
3 minutes ago, Miel said:

T, but especially with Sherlock fans. Glad to have left all that back in 2012 LMAO it has become more unhinged with time.

I feel like the dynamics of fandom, and fan fiction along with it, have overall evolved and grown up. I think, collectively, there has been a learning experience not to bombard actors with gay smut fiction, and rather attempt a conversation on what these beyond-canon relationships mean to them, especially in the context of queer representation.

I think back to the "SuperWhoLock" phase of fandom from a few years ago and want to die.

I don't mind shipping most of the times. I just think the main focus should be on character development and the plot. What's also problematic is when fans project their fanon onto the actors and start shipping them in real life and threaten their actual girlfriends /boyfriends etc. 

SychosSoChic
1 hour ago, Antichrist said:

that is exactly like saying gaga needs to do music her fans want, because they're the ones buying it :madge: 

Lmao vapid :green:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Miel
47 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I don't mind shipping most of the times. I just think the main focus should be on character development and the plot. What's also problematic is when fans project their fanon onto the actors and start shipping them in real life and threaten their actual girlfriends /boyfriends etc. 

Oh yeah definitely. I'm hoping fandom as a collective has moved on, or is rapidly moving on, from that sort of rabid attitude.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived