Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy owes #MeToo an apology

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

ac_katy_perry_americanidol_comp.jpg?w=74

The following are excerpts from an opinion piece by Andrea Montgomery for Global News (Canada):

"When I first saw a video of Katy Perry fawning over American Idol contestant Benjamin Glaze on my Facebook timeline this week, I scrolled on.

But, when I saw the headlines about the non-consensual kiss, I went back and watched the full footage. It caused a scorching flame of rage inside of me.

Katy Perry is a bully and a predator and this footage is clear harassment which flies in the face of #MeToo and should not have aired.

lead630-ea2e5e0f4fd5bd870cf942412e882c19

Let me explain how I see it:

The video starts off innocuously enough, with Perry and the judges inquiring about 19-year-old Glaze’s life, job, and relationship status. Glaze admits he has never kissed a girl because he has never been in a relationship – so how could he have done any kissing?

His explanation is endearing and pure. The judges invite him up to the table to rectify the situation, with Luke Bryan hooting and clapping.

Glaze said no several times: “No, wait, hold on, you can’t, no way.”

He looks to the curtains behind him for guidance. But instead of repeating “no” and standing his ground, the contestant – eager to please – approaches the table to appease the judges, who have pulled out their phones to catch this moment on camera.

katie.jpg

Did I mention this boy is 19 years old?

Under much peer pressure, he agrees to kiss Perry on the cheek and does so very softly, sweetly and without any sort of gumption. A church kiss.

Perry is not satisfied and asks for one more as Lionel Ritchie starts making smacking sounds and leans in like a coach, showing the young buck how to properly please a lady.

At the very last second, Perry turns her head and steals a kiss on the lips – a non-consensual kiss.

screen-shot-2018-03-11-at-9-51-50-pm-2.j

Young Glaze is rocketed off of his feet and tries to recover from what just happened.

The second he hits the ground the judges’ attention is off of him and they proceed to high five and congratulate Perry for “getting him.”

But, what the judges do not see as the young man backs away is the look on his face.

This is a look that anybody who has suffered at the hands of a bully should recognize. 

katy-perry-benjamin-glaze.jpg

The whole video is a cacophony of hypocrisy, impropriety, power abuse and bad decisions.

Picture Ritchie kissing a 19-year-old female American Idol hopeful while the other judges tell her, instructively, how to smack her lips.

Lionel+Richie1.jpg

In interviews after the fact, Glaze said he was uncomfortable but doesn’t feel sexually harassed. He is such a sweet, nice guy to let Perry and American Idol off the hook like that.

No woman or man – not even billionaire American Idol pop star judge Katy Perry – is above asking for consent.

That the editors at American Idol felt this was a cute thing to televise flies in the face of the strides made by women all over the world who have come forward to shed light on how often this happens with #MeToo.

I repeat: #MeToo and sexual harassment and bullying is not bound by gender, regardless of if one gender experiences it disproportionally."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4085641/andrea-montgomery-katy-perry-owes-metoo-an-apology/

So what do you think girls? Was it some harmless fun, or "You make me feel like I'm living a Harvey Weinstein dream"?

KqL6dIV.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evan Peters

anyone who says this was harmless fun, but knows they'd drag a male judge who did this can choke :) 

emma roberts is an abuser

rumours

Katy will Rise.mp3:stalkga: from this Victorious

katy-perry-falls-in-cake-o.gif

Spoiler

Uh oh. There has been a miscalculation that one can now Witness.mp3...

katyperry-gifs-slipping.gif

Florian

I understand she thought it would be fun and good for TV, but it's so wrong on so many levels...

Are they that desperate for audience that they'll try everything ?

-----

It's proprably scripted with his agreement tho but I can't be sure

ryanripley

omg he was 19?! :wtf: 

i would very much like to hear his opinion on the matter, if he truly felt uncomfortable or if his trust was abused because no all men are born the same

we all react differently to the same situation, some of us can't even leave the house without having to prepare ourselves mentally

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

RadioIsOurs

I mean I wouldn't mind being kissed by anyone (without herpes) in this situation, so to me I don't find it bullying. There are just many things in life that will make you uncomfortable, and my way with dealing it is to just move on. 

RAMROD

He gave no consent, it is not harmless fun.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Antichrist
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

He gave no consent, it is not harmless fun.

yeah, he was on a pre-written & scripted show, he definitely didn't give consent

Glamourpuss

I think she gave him the kiss because she knows most guys think she's hot so she thought he'd be one of those who'd die on the spot and be a legend among his friends if they got a kiss from Katy Perry. I think she was a bit too big headed tbh. :laughga:

weed

She is being draggggged for this, I've seen a lot of posts/comments about this and most are viewing her as a predator.

Contrapoints

She acted like some kind of 'weird frat girl trying to blend in with the bros' and it honestly just kind of disgusted me the way she acted tbh, replace Katy Perry in that situation with a guy and ask yourself if what transpired that episode was appropriate behaviour based on the circumstances.

Scathach

The guy posted that on Instagram 

And that 

but I agree that the kiss left me umconfortable. I also feel like this is a sequence the producers should have cut in the editing room 

ryanripley
1 minute ago, darkness said:

The guy posted that on Instagram 

And that 

but I agree that the kiss left me umconfortable. I also feel like this is a sequence the producers should have cut in the editing room 

i'm happy to see he doesn't consider himself assaulted or a victim

in my eyes, if he's alright with it then there's no need to witch hunt anyone

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Retron
1 minute ago, darkness said:

I also feel like this is a sequence the producers should have cut in the editing room 

That which is cut cannot go viral. Gotta get those views.

Archived