💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Winner of AS3 is...

Noah

Featured Posts

rumours

One of the least satisfying seasons in recent memory. 

As much as I like Trixie, I just don’t think she should have won (even with the remaining 4). As much as Shangela can get on my nerves at times, she should have won imo. 

I’ll be happy to have a normal season back where this “eliminate each other” business (as well as all the other unnecessary “gags”) are gone for the most part. 

Sorry for the rant :sweat:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
8 minutes ago, Noah said:

if Ru wanted to do something good - he should have crowned Kennedy, since she is still working DAY JOBS

I did not know this :blink:

I would have thought that placing so high on season 7 would at least give her the foundation to get a good amount of gigs. She placed 4th for Christ’s sake!

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Noah said:

What exactly? the #JusticeForTrixie Tweets? being adored by 14 year old Girls? being pushed by the Production company to do a Webshow and host the finale of S8? 

When you look at Kennedy, who after her season didn't get any bookings and had to sell her house, since even a kickstarter didn't help - that alone makes her deserve the title, because she didn't stop Drag, she competed in tons of competitions and won. She deserved that win the most out of everybody.

Shangela was eliminated first on her Season and on S3 she had a super hard time, but after that she opened her own booking agency, which cooperated with Voss Events and now tours around the World with several other Queens, providing jobs. She's in movies and TV Shows super often too. 

While I think it's OK that Trixie won, you see two other girls, who did more if not the same or who just need the win to survive since it comes with 100k. Trixie was in the bottom two times and technically didn't win a single challenge, since that comes with winning the lipsync too. I am happy for her, but if Ru wanted to do something good - he should have crowned Kennedy, since she is still working DAY JOBS while the others can just tour in drag.

Ru doesn't wanna do anything good, RuPaul is a textbook capitalist borderlining on social conservatism (which is kinda ridiculuous for a black drag queen but alas)

But I also think... It's not really fair to hold so much resentment against Trixie just because her drag struck a chord with people. It's not like everything was handed to her, she worked for it too, bitch grew up in poverty on a first nations reservation with an abusive family and was an outsider within outsiders and had to travel to Chicago daily just to find work, since no club in Milwaukee wanted her prior to s7.

Each of them struggled, each of them proved that they were All Stars and worthy of the crown. Imo at least.

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

One of the least satisfying seasons in recent memory. 

As much as I like Trixie, I just don’t think she should have won (even with the remaining 4). As much as Shangela can get on my nerves at times, she should have won imo. 

I’ll be happy to have a normal season back where this “eliminate each other” business (as well as all the other unnecessary “gags”) are gone for the most part. 

Sorry for the rant :sweat:

they tried to cram in too many twists imo: "a winner is competing!", "the eliminated are coming back!", "bendelacreme did that", "the eliminated queens are coming back again!!", "and they're choosing the top 2!!!!!!!!"

feels like an attempt to make up for some of the subpar challenges

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Supersonic
Just now, ryanripley said:

they tried to cram in too many twists imo: "a winner is competing!", "the eliminated are coming back!", "bendelacreme did that", "the eliminated queens are coming back again!!", "and they're choosing the top 2!!!!!!!!"

feels like an attempt to make up for some of the subpar challenges

It's because Drag Race got formulaic and boring after 8 season tbh. I love Bob but it was so obvious she was gonna win and it pretty much felt like "why watch it when I know what happens anyway, even if I don't read spoilers beforehand"

weed

bye I knew it would happen but I'm bitter anyways

you cannot tell me that Trixie's performance on AS3 was deserving of the crown lmao

This was one of the worst seasons of drag race from start to finish.  Shangela winning was the only thing that could have saved it.

Honestly I kept having bad feelings about this season.  When it was announced, it felt way too soon, and the cast seemed lackluster.  All stars 2 was great because they waited several years before doing another season and there were many great queens to pick from.  They should have waited a couple more years for all stars 3.

RAMROD
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

I would have thought that placing so high on season 7 would at least give her the foundation to get a good amount of gigs. She placed 4th for Christ’s sake!

Some RPDR Queens are not that fortunate despite being on the show. Kennedy lost his rented house not long after S7 finished and she is still struggling to make ends meet now. Max had to sold her drag clothes after S7 as well because she can't get gigs and can't pay her bills. Dida Ritz even quite drag for awhile for doing full day job cos she ain't making any gigs, but she is starting over now.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Some RPDR Queens are not that fortunate despite being on the show. Kennedy lost his rented house not long after S7 finished and she is still struggling to make ends meet now. Max had to sold her drag clothes after S7 as well because she can't get gigs and can't pay her bills. Dida Ritz even quite drag for awhile for doing full day job cos she ain't making any gigs, but she is starting over now.

Max was also managed by her ex-boyfriend who f*cked up business for her and also suffers from social anxiety

rumours
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Wow. I kind of wished that (between the top 2) it had gone to Kennedy then. 

I also really want Dida on AS4!

Noah
22 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

But I also think... It's not really fair to hold so much resentment against Trixie just because her drag struck a chord with people. It's not like everything was handed to her, she worked for it too, bitch grew up in poverty on a first nations reservation with an abusive family and was an outsider within outsiders and had to travel to Chicago daily just to find work, since no club in Milwaukee wanted her prior to s7.

In the words of my great Drag Soul-Sister 'Sue Me', I am just being petty now. I like Trixie, but I really love Shangie :( 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Daenerys
59 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Honestly the gigs are all from word of mouth, when Kennedy came to our city she was very standoffish and didn’t talk to anyone that wasn’t in her clique. Our club was forwarded by another club she was at the night before so we expected it but we also let other clubs know that she wasn’t really fun to book. Where as when Alyssa came she really livened up the place.

so sometimes gigs are hard to book because some queens are hard to deal with. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

rumours
8 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Honestly the gigs are all from word of mouth, when Kennedy came to our city she was very standoffish and didn’t talk to anyone that wasn’t in her clique. Our club was forwarded by another club she was at the night before so we expected it but we also let other clubs know that she wasn’t really fun to book. Where as when Alyssa came she really livened up the place.

so sometimes gigs are hard to book because some queens are hard to deal with. 

Is she just uncomfortable around unfamiliar people (introverted), or was she being disrespectful?

Archived