Lady Gagain Vegas
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
politics

PA Special Election SO Close

Featured Posts

PartySick
4 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

bc it's so close i can guarantee that there are going to be recounts. 

i just saw in the NYT that we won't get results until wednesday at the earliest. 

I don't think the winner matters much here tbh. Whoever wins will only serve until November anyway and the Dems have already proved that we're coming for blood. This is a Republican district. Trump won this by 20% (I believe) and if Saccone wins, it'll be by a percent of a percent. The fact that the GOP is losing turf all over the country should scare the sh*t out of those bastards in congress and that bastard in the White House :giggle:

Obviously though, it would be nice to see another blue win :diane:

Either way, as long as we vote, the blue wave is coming in a few months :firega:

Give sorrow words. The grief that does not speak whispers.
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Born To Slay
7 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

bc it's so close i can guarantee that there are going to be recounts. 

i just saw in the NYT that we won't get results until wednesday at the earliest. 

Anderson Cooper is saying we're getting more absentee ballots very soon!

Retron
15 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I don't think the winner matters much here tbh.

To drive the point home of how little this race actually matters, the district won't even exist in January. PA is being redistricted.

Tens of millions spent on a single Congressional district, purely for bragging rights.

But it should be a wake up call to Republicans about what they face in November. A Republican +11, Trump +20 district comes down to the wire.

Edited by Retron
  • Like 1

PartySick

Saccone needs 70% of the remaining 1,398 votes which is possible but highly unlikely. 70% would put him 19 votes ahead of Lamb which is still a terrifying margin for Republicans :giggle:

Looks like another win for the Dems :diane:

10 minutes ago, Retron said:

To drive the point home of how little this race actually matters, the district won't even exist in January. PA is being redistricted.

Tens of millions spent on a single Congressional district, purely for bragging rights.

But it should be a wake up call to Republicans about what they face in November. A Republican +11, Trump +20 district comes down to the wire.

Anything to rally the left and the sensible to get out and VOTE!! If this past year has proved anything, it's that as long as we vote, we win.

I mean, we turned Alabama blue ffs :air: granted the GOP candidate was just...awful but still :air:

• Like 2

ZacharyMark
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Saccone needs 70% of the remaining 1,398 votes which is possible but highly unlikely. 70% would put him 19 votes ahead of Lamb which is still a terrifying margin for Republicans :giggle:

Looks like another win for the Dems :diane:

Anything to rally the left and the sensible to get out and VOTE!! If this past year has proved anything, it's that as long as we vote, we win.

I mean, we turned Alabama blue ffs :air: granted the GOP candidate was just...awful but still :air:

I believe that the county that the ballots are coming from are in primarily blue areas too.

• Like 1

PartySick
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

I believe that the county that the ballots are coming from are in primarily blue areas too.

Nah, the blue county's absentee ballots have already been counted. The other three are the red counties and I believe they're not coming in until tomorrow morning or way later tonight :huh:

But Lamb's lead is ~600 points (I've already forgotten the exact numbers :smh:) and there's 1,398 outstanding ballots from those counties. If Saccone gets 70% (votes, which is unlikely but not impossible), and Lamb gets the remaining 30%, that still doesn't put him ahead. He was projected to get somewhere around 57% of the remaining votes :hmm:

It ain't over 'til it's over but...well, it's pretty much over :poot:

Spoiler

Source: The fake and failing Clinton News Network's love coverage :giggle:

ItsTommyBitch

It's too early to call, but DAMN his voice made me weak :air:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

sarahb

Update from a woman that is reporting from where the votes are being counted

Retron

Final results. Lamb ahead by 641, and the apparent winner. The race is close enough that Saccone can request a recount, which would be so stupid and pointless I wouldn't be surprised if he did it. :ladyhaha:

aSpqZZd.jpg

[Edit: there are apparently some provisional ballots left to be counted, but maybe only 200 or so, if that]

Edited by Retron
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Lance

Any update 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

PartySick
11 hours ago, Retron said:

Final results. Lamb ahead by 641, and the apparent winner. The race is close enough that Saccone can request a recount, which would be so stupid and pointless I wouldn't be surprised if he did it. :ladyhaha:

aSpqZZd.jpg

[Edit: there are apparently some provisional ballots left to be counted, but maybe only 200 or so, if that]

I feel bad for third party candidates :selena:

I would love to see the Republican party replaced by their much more sane cousins, the Libertarians :diane: then give the Green party a little boost and have a three party system where the Dems serve as a centralist party rather than anything that's left-of-center to far-left.

On topic, though, woot at yet another blue win :diane: get your surf boards ready, churrin :diane: