1 hour ago, MyQueen said:

She gave us this in 1990......

..........so

giphy.gif

You forgot the most important one from 1992. Truly ahead of her time

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she deserves the backlash to be honest. Madonna is a queen and is great, but in this case she is wrong. She has a huge gay following and I think it's wrong to be even pictured with them. Not sure why they were even invited. Madonna is still powerful enough and her party is a big deal, so for them to get rejected would have sent a message that homophobia is not tolerated. If she didn't know that they were homophobic, then she should release a statement saying she didn't know, and then condemn them.

ShockPop

Love how pressed twinks are coming at me without any good proof I'm wrong. Lmao. 

NONONONO
3 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Love how pressed twinks are coming at me without any good proof I'm wrong. Lmao. 

So you want proof of how uneducated you are, so here it goes.

Madonna was one of the only worldwide superstars who right from the start of her career in the 80s spoke openly and supportively of the LGBT community. The receipts are here.

Truth or Dare 1991

Truth or Dare showed off the lives of the gay dancers in her Blonde Ambition Tour and the devastation AIDS had wrought on the gay community at the time.

1990 Blond Ambition AIDS Benefit All proceedings to AMFAR.

1990 Amfar Benefit. 

1989 AIDS Dance-A-Thon

1987 AIDS BENEFIT Amfar CONCERT NYC

All the proceeds from her July 13, 1987 concert at Madison Square Garden went to amfAR, the American Foundation for AIDS Research and handed out educational pamphlets in the former of comic books to concertgoers telling them how to help protect themselves against HIV and again, combating the many ugly myths surrounding AIDS.

1 minute search on youtube. All the videos are up to 1991, and these are just some examples. Not to mention all the stuff in print.

Just another example is Like a Prayer from 1989, which included an insert with safe sex guidelines and a warning about the dangers of AIDS. 

“In This Life”, from Erotica, was written about Martin Burgoyne, her gay best friend who died of AIDS.

So I can only say as a reply to your "She's never been absolutely outspoken about gay people", that you are either trolling or completely uneducated,. But don't worry, you can still educate yourself. There's lots of biographies out there, and google is also your friend. 

Madonna has been there from the start, when people were dying because they were gay from a horrible epidemic, and at a time, when being vocal about it could cost her career.

Stay pressed:reductive:

4 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Madonna was one of the only worldwide superstars who right from the start of her career in the 80s spoke openly and supportively of the LGBT community. The receipts are here.

Truth or Dare 1991

Truth or Dare showed off the lives of the gay dancers in her Blonde Ambition Tour and the devastation AIDS had wrought on the gay community at the time.

1990 Amfar Benefit. 

1989 AIDS Dance-A-Thon

All the proceeds from her July 13, 1987 concert at Madison Square Garden went to amfAR, the American Foundation for AIDS Research and handed out educational pamphlets in the former of comic books to concertgoers telling them how to help protect themselves against HIV and again, combating the many ugly myths surrounding AIDS.

1 minute search on youtube. All the videos are up to 1991, and these are just some examples. Not to mention all the stuff in print.

Just another example is Like a Prayer from 1989, which included an insert with safe sex guidelines and a warning about the dangers of AIDS. 

“In This Life”, from Erotica, was written about Martin Burgoyne, her gay best friend who died of AIDS.

So I can only say as a reply to your "She's never been absolutely outspoken about gay people", that you are either trolling or completely uneducated,. But don't worry, you can still educate yourself. There's lots of biographies out there, and google is also your friend. 

Madonna has been there from the start, when people were dying because they were gay from a horrible epidemic, and at a time, when being vocal about it could cost her career.

There receipts are there... Stay pressed:reductive:

YASSSSS, educate ha:lana: 

Bloodyjack
On 3/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

So Madonna hung out with Migos last night at the Vanity Fair party and posted an Instagram of it. Fans are not happy and have left some negative remarks about it on her post

Fans wrote:

carlocapobianco: Why are you supporting homophobic rap groups? These people are very homophobic and recently had a controversy around it. Bad move.

luishen96: Madonna that disappointment .. They are all homophobic .. What a disappointment

ryanharan: You should have cropped out those other guys, other than that, lovely photo!!!! Cardi collab in the works???

donatellabitch: Love you Gurl ❤️but migos homophobic and offset said that he “don’t vibe with queers”

thequantumfracture: Migos and Cardi B made a few homophobic comments and referentes, are you supporting that? Can't believe it! 

malinabickford: Mom you need to google these homophobic garbage people before attaching yourself to them. **** like this is tarnishing your legacy!

guilhermepiantino: The queen of GAYS hanging around with homophobes 😭😭😭

dontgetmeinvolved_: I thought u were dead

thatkristopher: Cute pic but please NO collaboration with either of them!

anihilistic: Posing with two homophobics! Queen of being hypocrite!

emmetwright: Disappointing to see you pose with homophobes 😬😬

...and so many others

And twitter isn't here for her either

I thought u were dead😂😅 I'd be a liar if I said these trolls don't tickle me occasionally

HausOfMark

Or maybe.. wait for it.. she didnt know this.

Everyone is so easy to attack and jump. 

-Mark

scallywally

Shes donated millions to HIV and Live on SNL she did a sketch about it when nobody else said a word. Shes fought for equality for 35 years. Theres no point in even discussing it. Shes the biggest pro gay A Lister theres ever been. And she gets shot down on gagadaily??? F*cking hell some people need to read before they speak. 

Yeah she mighve had a pic with them, do you really think they hadn't had a lecture before??? Shedve gone crazy at them if she knew, put them in their place and try to educate them. NOBODY here knows whats been said behind closed doors. Madonna doesnt tolerate ****, we al know that. Dont slag a woman off unless you were a fly on the wall. 

janetjackson
On 3/5/2018 at 3:20 PM, ryanripley said:

madonna should do a joint album with migos

And Chainsmokers

Economy
On 05/03/2018 at 6:35 PM, freakumdress said:

obviously migos are very homophobic but why do people think madonna would know about those things? Ofc it looks bad her taking a photo with them but gays who take it personal should trust their fave alot more...  Who knows maybe Migos can learn a thing or two about acceptance and how to be decent human beings from Madonna lol

Also many ppl may have issues in other stuff beside homophobia... A vegan may not agree with ppl eating meat

U can't take a photo with 80% of ppl then. Homophobia isn't the only issue

KyliesChild
On 3/7/2018 at 9:20 AM, headonfire said:

Truth or Dare 1991

1990 Amfar Benefit. 

1989 AIDS Dance-A-Thon

Stay pressed:reductive:

This post deserves to be pinned. 

Archived