Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna and M.I.A. never spoke again after SB controversy

yxi

Featured Posts

bloody g
1 hour ago, Gracious Gaga said:

What happened ? I don’t feel like watching ? What she do wrong ?

She turned around and dropped her underwear to show her p*ssy and then screamed "Hitler was right!"

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grigio Guy
39 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

I can't at people saying Madonna isn't provacative or controversial. Some of y'all faves don't even come close to the list of controversy/provocation she has done. Sit tf down.

Madge's manager was very rude tho. And the NFL is ****ing ridiculous. There were underage dancers showing their legs and they cared about a middle finger. Americans spend the whole year saying swear words inside their homes, but once they see a middle finger "OMG THIS IS A HEINOUS VIOLATION"

Not the first time a woman of color is called out and white people aren't. Americans being American, what's new

Sis, everyone’s being sarcastic. They’re saying “like she hasn’t ever been controversial” we all know the good sis (mom? Aunt? Grandma?) Madonna has done a lot!

Religion is a product to sell.

RAMROD

It is for the best honestly. M.I.A is too cool for M. Way too edgy. Besides, M.I.A persona isn't really blend well. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SlaeUrAnus

The amount of times that Madonna has acted like “a drunk person who crashed the wedding” though :oprah:

In my messy era.

StarlightSeiya

Sucks that Madonna threw her under the Bus. MIA has been slacking since then(music wise). Though I'm glad they came together because the created a song thats in my top 10 of all time.

A WORK OF ART

Bone Apple Tea bebe

2 hours ago, ryanripley said:

it's the video in the OP and it's like 5 seconds long :poot: 

... and what was wrong with her part? lol :sweat:

Edit: ok, the finger ... america is so hypocritical :fthis:

ryanripley
Just now, ComeToDaddy said:

... and what was wrong with her part? lol :sweat:

her middle finger :poot: 

Spoiler

even though it f*ckin slays :poot:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

AlexanderMagno

To be honest, the real insult is that M.I.A. collaborated in that "Give me All Your Luvin" song. It's one of Madonna's worst songs and has nothing to do with the level of music M.I.A. has delivered.

3 hours ago, AndyGa said:

That's fine nobody likes Madonna anyway

Haha riiigggggghhhhhttt.  Nobody likes the highest selling female artist of all time lol. 

3 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Haha riiigggggghhhhhttt.  Nobody likes the highest selling female artist of all time lol. 

Yeah that was like 7000 years ago with the Pharaos. Everybody moved on now :reductive:

1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

To be honest, the real insult is that M.I.A. collaborated in that "Give me All Your Luvin" song. It's one of Madonna's worst songs and has nothing to do with the level of music M.I.A. has delivered.

I know, how the hell did she give it so much time in her super bowl performance.  The rest is awesome, Madonna knows how to put on a show.

StrawberryBlond

I'm not surprised. What MIA did cast a bad light over Madonna's performance. Madonna, being as controversial as she is, has risked her career more than a few times in different ways. But now she's at an age where getting controversial could actually be the end of her career for good because ageism is alive and well. Her team obviously didn't want another Janet scenario and wanted to keep things safe. MIA choosing to give the finger (which was her decision, she didn't run it past anybody) could have had, to a lesser extent, been just as controversial and resulted in a backlash. MIA was fined $16.6 million for what she did (though claims that a "confidential agreement was reached" with no further details sounds like that exact amount likely wasn't paid out) and Madonna was lucky that she wasn't either, for technically being seen as a co-conspirator. The thing is, MIA had the cheek to say this was a sexist move from the NFL because it was "ok for me to promote being sexually exploited as a female, than to display empowerment, female empowerment, through being punk rock. That's what it boils down to, and I'm being sued for it" and even tried to say that it was the show's fault for not blurring her finger in time (how were they supposed to have lightning quick reflexes when they didn't know what you were going to do?). She knows full well that a man would get fined for the same reason. The SB is no small fry. Rules are tight. It's like, get over yourself. MIA's always come off as so up herself and entitled. Remember she slammed Gaga way back in 2010. A lot of people have forgotten that, but I haven't. You can't pretend to be punk rock when you collab with Madonna and Nicki Minaj on a generic song that you're performing at the SB. Let's be honest here, MIA, you just wanted money and exposure with this gig. I doubt you actually liked either of these women or you would have collabed with them earlier and afterwards.

3 hours ago, James Gibson said:

This pisses me off so much about the super bowl. You pick iconic daring artists known for controversy in their work like Gaga, Madonna, M.IA., Prince, Slash etc to do a "vanilla" accesible performance because people are too afraid of seeing a COVERED nipple or a middle finger that appears 1 second on screen and doesn't even change the performance at all.

Why the GP have to be so bland and ready to condemn????

Well, yeah, considering that it's the most-watched tv event in the America calendar watched by all the family. You can't just do controversial stuff and expect everyone to accept it or not care. I'm all for a bit of controversial performance, but there's a time and place for that and it's not at a family-friendly tv broadcast watched by hundreds of millions. You wouldn't start throwing around swearwords over Christmas dinner in front of your parents, grandparents and children, right? And for the record, I was surprised to find that the original Nipplegate incident only generated 540k complaints to the FCC and this was with an audience of 143.6 million. Very low, all things considered. The MIA incident only garnered 222 complaints with an audience of 114 million. So, as you can see, the actual viewers aren't as outraged as the media would have you believe. The media's reaction tend to make you think more people were offended than there actually were.

4 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

She’s a woman of colour

women of colour being victimized at the superbowl what’s new

3 hours ago, HausOfAmericano said:

Not the first time a woman of color is called out and white people aren't. Americans being American, what's new

3 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

This. A woman of colour being called out for something white folks do all the time is so transparent :rip: 

Honestly, this reasoning is so predictable and far off the mark. White people are called out for doing inappropriate things on tv all the time. Don't know how it is in America but on British tv, presenters and voiceovers always apologise for any swearwords, obscene gestures or anything remotely inappropriate that a reality tv judge, contestant, etc. say/do. They do this live if they can manage it. And bear in mind, this can be really mild stuff, they don't have to say the f word for this to happen. And most of the time, this happens to white people. Tv is big business and family shows run a tight ship in regards to inappropriate content. Everyone's head is on the chopping block with this stuff. There's a big difference between an actual accident like say, a female's skirt sliding down unexpectantly vs. a bra top forcibly being removed almost like a planned publicity stunt. There's also a big difference between someone accidentially putting the wrong finger in the air vs. someone purposely giving the finger. These specific instances were why these women got targeted. Being white wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference. Hello, if any woman makes the wrong move, her entire career can be over, it isn't limited to women of colour.

Frankenstein

Madonna is so lame for inviting a young and progressive artist to get street and urban cred and then getting upset because she upset the uptight old people at Superbowl.

Especially after all the **** she's pulled and continues to pull.

A hypocrite. It's sad what she's become. 

Archived