💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Anybody here Pink Floyd fans?

GeeYewWhai

Featured Posts

Ariana Grindr
19 minutes ago, GovHooker said:

I actually started listening to them a couple of weeks ago. So far I've only really listened to The Dark Side of the Moon and Animals. Both are great albums and they truly take you to another place.

Listen to wish you were here 

GeeYewWhai
31 minutes ago, GovHooker said:

I actually started listening to them a couple of weeks ago. So far I've only really listened to The Dark Side of the Moon and Animals. Both are great albums and they truly take you to another place.

Listen to their earlier stuff too! Their stuff when Syd Barrette was still around

Nothing Happened

1 hour ago, GeeYewWhai said:

Listen to their earlier stuff too! Their stuff when Syd Barrette was still around

Will do! Which albums do you recommend?

GeeYewWhai
2 hours ago, GovHooker said:

Will do! Which albums do you recommend?

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn!

Nothing Happened

AlexanderMagno

I am a fan :tony: they don't release music, they release sonic experiences. I'm seeing Roger Waters this year, for the Us+Them Tour

RAMROD

I mean, who doesn’t a fan of Pink Flyod? Especially if you claimed yourself to enjoy and love music. And/or a musician yourself.  :sis:

Them, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stone, Queen, Bowie, Black Sabbath, The Doors, Sex Pistol, The Ramones, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Nirvana are bands who influenced zillions of people  after them. Progressive. :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Oriane

I listened to some of their albums : The Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Wish you Were Here, Animals, Atom Heart Mother and Meddle.

I don't hate them but I don't really like them either. It frustrates me because in theory, I should love them. They do progressive, alternative rock music, with dreamy vibes, there's something in the music that should talk to me since I love classical music. And they talk about things I'm passionate about : mental issues, things wrong with society... But the music itself doesn't do anything to me. I don't hate it and if you play their music when I'm here, I enjoy it. But if I try to get into it, I can't. I don't feel connected to the melody. Sometimes it just lacks a melody, I re-listened to The Dark Side of the Moon recently and at some moments, it just felt like nothing was happening, it was just sounds, no notes.

So far, I prefered Wish you Were Here, I can't decide on a song, none of them has made a particular impact on me. I was planning to watch The Wall soon, maybe it would help me see the album in a different way.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

GeeYewWhai
Just now, Oriane said:

I listened to some of their albums : The Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Wish you Were Here, Animals, Atom Heart Mother and Meddle.

I don't hate them but I don't really like them either. It frustrates me because in theory, I should love them. They do progressive, alternative rock music, with dreamy vibes, there's something in the music that should talk to me since I love classical music. And they talk about things I'm passionate about : mental issues, things wrong with society... But the music itself doesn't do anything to me. I don't hate it and if you play their music when I'm here, I enjoy it. But if I try to get into it, I can't. I don't feel connected to the melody. Sometimes it just lacks a melody, I re-listened to The Dark Side of the Moon recently and at some moments, it just felt like nothing was happening, it was just sounds, no notes.

So far, I prefered Wish you Were Here, I can't decide on a song, none of them has made a particular impact on me. I was planning to watch The Wall soon, maybe it would help me see the album in a different way.

perhaps you can try their older stuff? When they were a little more conventional rock. ala obscured by clouds, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets. There are more obvious melodies in those ones

Nothing Happened

Oriane
1 hour ago, GeeYewWhai said:

perhaps you can try their older stuff? When they were a little more conventional rock. ala obscured by clouds, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets. There are more obvious melodies in those ones

I'll give these albums a try then ! I would love to know how their music sounded like when Syd Barrett was still here too.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

1 hour ago, Oriane said:

I'll give these albums a try then ! I would love to know how their music sounded like when Syd Barrett was still here too.

I agree! those albums are gems and I listen to them way more than their more popular ones.

Also, if you watch The Wall, try watching the concert film Roger Waters released not so long ago, it gives you a sense of the grandeur of a Floyd show

Archived