💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 needs to be DARK

edgy

Featured Posts

Now that the Joanne era is officially over (inb4 surprise Million Reasons performance at the Oscars), I believe Gaga's next album needs to be a progression of her previous bodies of work that contrasts Joanne (soccer moms will be shook) and amplifies the attitude of TFM and BTW, but in a world where Trump is president. Here's an example of what I would like LG6 to sound like:

I mean, I like Kimbra but how sickening would this song have been if it was Gaga's vocals. 

Anyways, I'm sure I would love whatever Gaga chooses to do for her next album either way, but I personally think a "dark" aesthetic and sound (:bon:) for the next album could be an interesting progression for her career.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

needs is a strong word

from a business perspective, she "needs" to fix her streaming and youtube numbers because they are way below par for someone on her talent and level which means their next move has to resonate well with the GP

i wouldn't be surprised or upset if LG6 isn't a dark, deep concept. infact i think a light and happy and fun (aka another The Fame) would work out wonderfully

most of her career and albums have a dark side to them and i think a lighter and colourful record will shake things up nicely

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

It's going to be what it's going to be. Stop trying to force aesthetics to please people. She's going to do what she wants.

Scathach
Just now, ryanripley said:

i wouldn't be surprised or upset if LG6 isn't a dark, deep concept. infact i think a light and happy and fun (aka another The Fame) would work out wonderfully

And that was kinda The Cure so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the direction they are going to. 

Also Dark pop is not really GP friendly and Gaga tried so hard to improve her image with Joanne, she won't "destroy" it again by making dark videos. 

I think it needs balance. BTW-like : there were dark aesthetics but there was a hopeful message, unicorns aesthetics and the bright pink triangle.

I don’t think the GP would be here for something real dark (and it would be already done), but I’m here for something edgy but lighter than TFM

ryanripley
Just now, darkness said:

And that was kinda The Cure so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the direction they are going to. 

Also Dark pop is not really GP friendly and Gaga tried so hard to improve her image with Joanne, she won't "destroy" it again by making dark videos. 

whilst The Cure is a fun bop, i hope the album has a little more to it than The Cure does :selena: 

but in defense of The Cure, it was made in like 6 hours or something

Glamourpuss

I'd love for it to be dark with a heavy rock theme. 

But I'm happy for her to do what she feels is best. It's going to be good whatever it is. 

PrinceOfTheStorm
29 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

needs is a strong word

from a business perspective, she "needs" to fix her streaming and youtube numbers because they are way below par for someone on her talent and level which means their next move has to resonate well with the GP

most of her career and albums have a dark side to them and i think a lighter and colourful record will shake things up nicely

I would be there Day 1 for that purchase :diane:

I love The Fame, and if we get another album like that, I would be slain. :giveup:

signing out

Rat Boy
2 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Can this fanbase define dark? :triggered:

I might get some hate for this but I don't think Gaga has done a lot of dark music like some people claim she has. She's done quite a few creepy/dark visuals though.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

I might get some hate for this but I don't think Gaga has done a lot of 'dark' music like some people claim she has. She's done quite a few creepy/dark visuals though.

TFM and BTW are pretty dark

ARTPOP and Joanne have subtle dark sides to them however they're therapeutic for their dark tones

TF is probably the only record doesn't have such an obvious dark tone to it, you could maybe find them in songs like Paparazzi but that's still a light hearted song on the outside  

I just think she should focus on what kind of music she wants to do and forget about GP, charts and critical acclaim.

DiscoStyx

this song is a bop :lolly:

otherwise I think she'll do wtf she wants to and deliver as always, she just needs some payola on spotify to be on popular playlists

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

Archived