💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Sam Smith Give Up?

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

So Sam Smith came back with his second era last year. It started in September with the lead single "Too Good At Goodbyes". The song peaked at #4 in the US and spent 16 weeks in the Top 10. 

He released his next single to radio in Europe only. The song is called "One Last Song".

The song "Pray" was sent to Adult Contemporary radio in the US, peaking only at #23. 

So since "Too Good At Goodbyes" was released in September, there's been no properly released single in the US. That's almost 6 months. 

And another thing to add here is that the failure to promote has made "Too Good At Goodbyes" plummet down the chart, after leaving the top 10. Like, it's falling FAST, for a song that was in the top 10 for 16 weeks. 

here's how it's charting:

Too Good At Goodbyes (2017/2018) *16 weeks in Top 10*
1st Week: #5 
2nd Week: #16 
3rd Week: #14
4th Week: #13 
5th Week: #7 
6th Week: #8
7th Week: #9 
8th Week: #10 
9th Week: #4 - PEAK POSITION
10th Week: #6 
11th Week: #7
12th Week: #6
13th Week: #6 
14th Week: #7
15th Week: #8 
16th Week: #8
17th Week: #7 
18th Week: #8 
19th Week: #9
20th Week: #13
21st Week: #20 
22nd Week: #28 
23rd Week: #39 (still charting)

So where is the first gay man? What is going on??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's the first gay that the GP lost interest in

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

IAmNotHere1997

The album is bad and the GP don't give a s**t anymore about it, they're already waiting for the next.

Daenerys
4 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Too Good At Goodbyes is more popular than any Gaga song since Applause so let's not :)

But.... Million Reasons?? 

tenor.gif

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

DiscoHeaven23
4 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Too Good At Goodbyes is more popular than any Gaga song since Applause so let's not :)

let's not what? this thead isn't even bashing him. It praised his 16 weeks in the top 10. It's a genuine question about what's going on with his single releases

Just now, Daenerys said:

But.... Million Reasons?? 

tenor.gif

Worldwide success? Too Good At Goodbyes beats it by miles.

We like to think "Million Reasons" was a worldwide smash but I wouldn't even say it was a moderate US hit. 

Gagz4Gaga

He might be preparing for the Oscars to steal another award from random winner :ladyhaha:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

let's not what? this thead isn't even bashing him. It praised his 16 weeks in the top 10. It's a genuine question about what's going on with his single releases

" ... is that the failure to promote has made "Too Good At Goodbyes" plummet down the chart, after leaving the top 10. Like, it's falling FAST, for a song that was in the top 10 for 16 weeks. "

You're suggesting as if the song is a complete failure when it's not. That's all.

Irrelevant
7 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Some of y'all 

Ppl can't say a song is flopping cuz Gaga’s singles did worse? No one was talking about Gaga in the first place. Plus this thread wasn't even about Sam flopping overall.

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Irrelevant
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

" ... is that the failure to promote has made "Too Good At Goodbyes" plummet down the chart, after leaving the top 10. Like, it's falling FAST, for a song that was in the top 10 for 16 weeks. "

You're suggesting as if the song is a complete failure when it's not. That's all.

Failure to promote sis :icega:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

6 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Worldwide success? Too Good At Goodbyes beats it by miles.

We like to think "Million Reasons" was a worldwide smash but I wouldn't even say it was a moderate US hit. 

you shush

1 minute ago, Irrelevant said:

Some of y'all 

Ppl can't say a song is flopping cuz Gaga’s singles did worse? No one was talking about Gaga in the first place. Plus this thread wasn't even about Sam flopping overall.

Well maybe the definition of "flopping" should be revised because as far as I know, fans here treat "Million Reasons" as if it was one of the biggest hits in 2017. 

So in a Gaga forum, I wouldn't mind comparing just to give proportions. 

ferretti

I love his new album, I think it's a treasure, ESPECIALLY One Last Song. He's the type of artist who can let a song sit on for months and MONTHS at a time, and then release a new single whenever. He's fine. His music is so much more of a slow burn.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Archived