Britney Spears || BLACKOUT [Ceremony]

juju

Featured Posts

[#4] Freakshow
[Score] 9.05

[Highs] @The Bling [11]
[Lows] @Hades [7]

1jUxTCX.jpg

oyyId0b.gif This song took a trend that was still underground a brought it out into the light and into the world and into pop music for the following 6 years (at the very least). Freakshow really is an entertainingly bizarre number, one that you only expect from the types of pop stars like Britney or Madonna or Gaga - risk-takers who know their risks will pay off, because their hardcore fans have an ear for the beyond and its what they have come to expect. Britney showed hints of that artistry on In The Zone, but it wasn't until Blackout that she was fully comfortable in that skin of being someone who takes risks. oyyId0b.gif

3YKptfc.gifCommentary3YKptfc.gif

@The Bling [11]
My favorite song in the album. Won't say it's the best as it clearly isn't, but I love it and deserves my 11. It doesn't stand out that much in the album I 'll admit, but as it doesn't drag for too long unlike some others do :ph34r: I can perfectly bop to it every single time. Well done Miss Britney.

@Rumours1977 [7.25]
Short and fun.

@Hades [7]
My least fave along with the closing track. It's playful but that's it.

❤ x ❤

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, badgirlmeat said:

wait what i thought this was starting now :selena:

Perfect Lover was SNUBBED, is so good, one of my 11 choices :madge:

got a jump start :selena: But! I'm updating the OP now with the results!

And happy birthday :sara::sara::sara: 

❤ x ❤

3YKptfc.gif Only the 3 singles remain 3YKptfc.gif

GIMME MORE
PIECE OF ME
BREAK THE ICE

3YKptfc.gif Who will remain victorious? 3YKptfc.gif

❤ x ❤

Just now, SinnersVenus said:

The 3 singles being top 3 what's new :madge:

Precisely :madge: 

But how divided everyone is on album tracks, this always seems to happen :ladyhaha: 

❤ x ❤

badgirlmeat
1 minute ago, that juju said:

got a jump start :selena: But! I'm updating the OP now with the results!

And happy birthday :sara::sara::sara: 

you remembered :ladyhaha:

🤠

2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

@that juju How does a megarate work? :selena: I want to do a Janet one (janet., The Velvet Rope or All for You).

It's really easy, just have people send you their scores and you tally them up, find the winner, etc.

There really is no right or wrong way to do it :lolly::lolly::lolly: BUT. It can be time consuming. :selena: 

❤ x ❤

Phoebe Buffay
Just now, that juju said:

It's really easy, just have people send you their scores and you tally them up, find the winner, etc.

There really is no right or wrong way to do it :lolly::lolly::lolly: BUT. It can be time consuming. :selena: 

I don't understand this part. What should I do? :selena:

[#3] Piece of Me
[Score] 9.18

[Highs] @huttont [11]
[Lows] @KyliesChild [6]

Ur8FeW1.jpg

oyyId0b.gif The production found on this track still has me so absolutely gagged, I mean - flawlessness. The fact that Britney took everything America and the media threw at her and spat it back out at them with this banger showed her grit as a true artist and icon worthy of respect. Absolutely brilliant song. oyyId0b.gif

3YKptfc.gifCommentary3YKptfc.gif

@The Bling [10]
I LIIIIIIVE FOR THIS. The lyrics are kickass and really fun to sing along to. And the production ugh :queenga: Those moaning sounds or whatever they are at the beginning still bother me though

@SinnersVenus [10]
I love her attitude on this song. It’s so much fun, and it came at a time when she really needed this song.

@Hades [10]
A big middle finger to the media. Cool! Nice video too.

@ChavaWM [8]
I sing the peacock noises too.

@Rumours1977 [6.75]
I really am not a huge fan of the vocals (way too much autotune for my liking) or the beat of this song. I gave it an improved score for the good lyrics/message.

@KyliesChild [6]
After solidifying herself as an influential diva in the music industry, it was inevitable that the media would try to demolish her career. Their motives became more prevalent as time progressed until Britney surrendered in front of the entire public. She obviously had no choice since paparazzi's have taken advantage of her and invaded her privacy to the extent that she was followed by several men as she searched for the nearest bathroom at a gas station.  This song in particular addresses how the media has perceived her throughout the years and what exactly the media would want from her. The video includes imagery of tabloids exploiting her seclusion for their own profit. "Piece of Me" was a song that was long overdue and necessary at the time, however it doesn't have the "wow-factor" as much as the rest of the songs on the album.

❤ x ❤

Excel works the best, I can send you screenshots of what mine looks like sometime later :lolly: 

❤ x ❤

rumours

I usually put them all in Excel and run an average formula to calculate the precise scores. 

You could also add everyone’s scores for a particular song together and divide by the number of participants. It’ll get you the same answer. 

3YKptfc.gif WE MADE IT TO THE TOP 2 3YKptfc.gif

Are you ready to give them more? #TeamGimme

Or are you ready to break the ice? #TeamIce

❤ x ❤

Phoebe Buffay
1 minute ago, that juju said:

Excel works the best, I can send you screenshots of what mine looks like sometime later :lolly: 

OMG, thanks. Can you send them too me now, please? :happy:

Archived