💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

TIHTY was supposed to be on Joanne

Creyk

Featured Posts

The song totally fits the album thematically, and even sonically it wouldn't be out of place on the record. Also, it's streams would have added to the albums overall streams bringing it closer to certifications (not that it has much but you get it:giggle:). Overall it was a missed opportunity to not include this song at the end of the tracklist because it's an acclaimed oscar-nominated work that stands for a good cause and would have added to the album's meaning.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Creyk said:

It does tho.

It's like if Million Reasons didn't have guitars/that folky-ish sound with the strings/beat it would also sound slightly out of place

Tom Nook
4 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Preach it sis 

200.gif

2 minutes ago, dit said:

Preach it sis 

200.gif

'Cause every day's the same
Definition of insane
I think we're running on a loop
Déjà vu

:poot: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Just now, GAGAXCXL said:

It's like if Million Reasons didn't have guitars/that folky-ish sound with the strings/beat it would also sound slightly out of place

Gaga: my aunt's death traumatized my family and the pain of her absence was felt even in my childhood and made things worse than they should have been.

Critics: Shut up Gaga you never even met her you can't mourn someone you never knew, the rest of your family got over it a long time ago why bring it up decades later!

Gaga: Till it happens to you you don't know how it feels

diane-warren.gif.de42d9254e90978c7fe66c3

FfFfFfFF

The album has somehow a funk vibe. TIHTY is too acoustic for that.

The albums is about Gaga's past and every day life, but TIHTY is too direct and doesn't tells a personal story unlike Angel Down, Diamond Heart. 

And that would have made TIHTY the actual lead, a song released one year before the album. :poot: 

derpmonster

I was like no but actually it does make some sense. It was not supposed to be on Joanne I think because Gaga was commissioned to write and sing it--it wasn't entirely original.

But, it fits because in Diamond Heart she talks about "some a$$hole broke me in, wrecked all my innocence," and it would go with that. It belongs in the latter half but is too autobiographical (that part is more about the world and its issues, not personal).

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Tom Nook

Not really :duck: it sounds too cinematic and overpowers the other ballads on Joanne.

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Glamourpuss

I think Joanne was supposed to be more personal. But I don't believe she wrote TIHTY so it wouldn't have fit. 

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Gardevoir said:

'Cause every day's the same
Definition of insane
I think we're running on a loop
Déjà vu

:poot: 

Baby I can't go anywhere
Without thinking that you're there
Seems like you're everywhere, it's true
Gotta be having Deja Vu

:selena:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Bella Goth

"A portion of proceeds from the sale of the song will be donated to organizations helping survivors of sexual assault." - on TIHTY mv description.

1 minute ago, PussyGlam said:

I think Joanne was supposed to be more personal. But I don't believe she wrote TIHTY so it wouldn't have fit. 

She didn't write Come To Mama either yet she put it on the album

Archived