💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Fergie On Her National Anthem Performance: 'I Honestly Tried My Best'

Coop

Featured Posts

Fergie has responded to critics of her poorly received performance of the National Anthem at this year's NBA All-Star Game, admitting it didn't quite go as planned.

"I've always been honored and proud to perform the National Anthem and last night I wanted to try something special for the NBA. I'm a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn't strike the intended tone. I love this country and honestly tried my best," she said in a statement released to TMZ Monday (Feb. 19).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8208663/fergie-national-anthem-nba-all-star-game-statement

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the fact that people use social network to overreact negatively about something that doesn't bother other ones.  

derpmonster

Aw. Well mistakes happen and this is a nice reminder to me that she's human and we should be kind to her. :) We can make fun of the performance but Fergie did try and we shouldn't hate on her.

It's sort of like how I've started appreciating Katy as a person even though I'm not into her music. It's not easy to live through your Witness era (no shade, only sincerity). Hope all these artists do well in the future and find what they want. :hug:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Robo Ga

I am worried for her... the past year or so she's had a divorce, a failed album/era that was YEARS in the making, an embarrassing speech at the trevor project thing and now this, literally international embarrassment. That is a lot for anyone to handle. She's only human. I hope it doesn't break her 

🤖⚡️

SychosSoChic

"I tried my best"

I mean if this is your best. Gurl.

tumblr_oxrv55Cmdh1qk7scno1_400.gif

Spoiler

It's obvious what she was going for. But honestly there's no need to try that hard. No one's here to watch her fail. She has nothing to prove after the career she's had.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

YeehawKylie

Poor Fergie. When you watch the entire performances it's not quite as bad as the 20-second clip at the end. At the very least, you can understand what she's trying to do. 

I think it was more disrespectful to the national anthem and the country, than the fact that she was bad at performing it..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

I hope she doesn't let it affect her :( Everyone can't be at their best 24/7, and she's proven plenty of times before that she's a more than capable singer and artist.

I didn't think the performance was great, but she at least deserves credit for having the guts to stand in front of so many people and sing live and put her heart into it. That's gotta count for something. 

Lextyr97

Lmao what upsets me about the performance is that she is a good singer. She could've sang it well if she wanted to. I just have no idea what the hell that was lmfaoo

13 minutes ago, River said:

I think it was more disrespectful to the national anthem and the country, than the fact that she was bad at performing it..

Who cares about the f*cking flag tho? She's a human, she's allowed to make mistakes. Americans and their nationalism disgust me:triggered:

Archived