đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Songs that have aged badly

Pop Music

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Dayman said:

All of Born This Way [except the bonus tracks] and most of The Fame Monster

I would contest a number of BTW tracks sounding timestamped like TEOG or Yoü and I. Those two in particular, at least sonically, don’t sound dated at all to me. Tbh idk about Born This Way because it pulls so heavily from a few specific genres that I would have timestamped them a few decades earlier (80s) if I hadn’t known they’d been released in 2011 but then can we say they age if they already sounded old? lolol except Scheiße. For some reason, that instrumentation and beatwork never sounds remotely dated to me kind of like Bad Romance’s.

answering OP: The Cure will. Great song, but very “of the moment” production.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brit4ever
8 hours ago, hellothing said:

Most early Britney songs especially Sometimes. ALL BOYBAND SONGS of thea early 2000s. Macarena. And I predict Despacito :trollga:

But Sometimes receives 80k daily views on Britney's VEVO and is her 5th most viewed video per day. :giveup: 

Spoiler

and it's a bop :giveup: 

ryanripley
8 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Perfect Illusion was black mold from the start

to YOU

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Mirages
9 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

and any other LMFAO song :laughga:

and any other overhyped trended song :poot:

I wouldn’t even consider these to be songs :classy: These are just messy sounds put together by a three year old.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Sneaky Oliver

You guys saying The Fame aged badly when the album was inspired by 70s/80s music :triggered: so it was already purposely “aged” in 2009

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Luxe Ford

Listeners age badly, not songs.

Let's face it, what is deemed bad aging obviously seems so disparate maybe we need a Little Monster degree to sort out excactly *what* is on trend and what is passÄ— before we're allowed an opinion?

For songs to avoid bad aging I recommend abstinence from tobacco and tanning, more vegetables and exersise and a positive outlook on life.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

adamsenigma
3 hours ago, Oriane said:

Most of The Fame and The Fame Monster. Born this Way and ARTPOP still sound very fresh.

Out of all her albums ARTPOP is the one that has aged most terribly imo. I mean, Donatella, G.U.Y., Aura, Swine, JND, MJH, Gypsy. :selena:

Oriane

To me, songs aging badly doesn't mean they sound like they're from decades ago. It's about the production. Don't try to tell me this could be from 2017 :

You can hear the production sounds old. As much as I dislike The Cure, it reflects the quality you can have in music now.

I think a lot of electronic music ages very badly, because songs from other genres usually don't sound that bad even after many years.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

2005-2007 emo/punk/pop rock
00s nu metal
80s soft pop
90s - grunge, eurodance (although I love eurodance, you can always tell it's the 90s)

MonsterOfSpain
1 minute ago, TheWitness said:

Judas tbh

Wtf... it sounds better than ever before, I've been listening to it a lot lately and it slays even more.

You better wear ear condom next time

JMu6iRT.gif

Archived