💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

17 #1 singles

DiscoStyx

Featured Posts

DiscoStyx

Mylene Farmer, the French queen of pop, just scored her 17th #1 single with Libertine, her first hit single from 1986.

Released as a new vinyl edition, Libertine -which previously peaked at #10 and had sold an estimated 370,000 back then (silver certified)- topped the French chart during the first week of February 2018.

Thirty-two years ago, Libertine gained massive success thanks to its music video. The 11-minute-long film portraying sex, nudity and violent scenes revolutionized video clips in France as the first 'real' of its kind, like MJ had previously done in America with Thriller.

The song was re-released along with three other hit singles: Sans contrefaçon (1987), À quoi je sers (1989) and Regrets (1991), which respectively reached #2, #3 and #4 on the Top Singles chart last week.

Mylène scored her 16th #1 single last month with her new song Rolling Stone, lead single of her upcoming 11th record. The music video is coming out on February 24.

Other #1 singles by the international superstar include: Pourvu qu'elles soient douces (1988), Désenchantée (1991), Dégénération (2008), Oui mais... Non (2010), À l'ombre (2012) Stolen Car ft. Sting (2015) and City Of Love (2016).

No other artist or band in France has more than six #1 singles. When will your fave? :diane:

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

ToxicHot

I've only heard of her because of that song she did for the Rugrats In Paris soundtrack :diane: 

Congratulations tho, French kween of pop :diane: 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

DiscoStyx
Just now, neptugne said:

Why’d the re-released singles all do so well? 

she has a large, dedicated fan base :shrug: almost all her singles since 2008 (11/13) have reached #1 even when they're not super popular

DiscoStyx
17 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

I've only heard of her because of that song she did for the Rugrats In Paris soundtrack :diane: 

Congratulations tho, French kween of pop :diane: 

L'histoire d'une fée, c'est... is a bop :lolly:

Ferrer Zorola

Am I the only one that feels as if France lived inside of a bubble by reading this?

I can’t see this happening not even with Madonna or the ‘pop queen’ of any other country

How did she managed to get the younger generation to buy her music? This feels sketchy 

:emma: 

LIFE IS GOOD

Trepadation
25 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Am I the only one that feels as if France lived inside of a bubble by reading this?

I can’t see this happening not even with Madonna or the ‘pop queen’ of any other country

How did she managed to get the younger generation to buy her music? This feels sketchy 

Madonna's immaculate collection sold very well. Hits are hits regardless of which crowd listens to it. Guess this artist isn't making any new bad music like Madonna is doing rn. :reductive:

Ferrer Zorola
9 minutes ago, Trepadation said:

Madonna's immaculate collection sold very well. Hits are hits regardless of which crowd listens to it. Guess this artist isn't making any new bad music like Madonna is doing rn. :reductive:

loool I like when I put Madonna as an example and people come for her not knowing I also don’t like her (that much)

:chica:

LIFE IS GOOD

Florian
1 hour ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

She's just THAT bitch. She was big during my dad's generation, she was still releasing good contents when I was young. She's been touring in stadiums. She sold out the Stade de France (capacity of 80.000 people)in 2h, they added a 2nd date and she sold it out again. For her last tour she had around 30 concerts in France and 10 of them were in Bercy (capacity of 20.000). That's really impressive ! Her concerts are also displayed in cinema and always beat some records.

French market is also very specific in the sense that it's a very little market for international artists but HUGE for few french juggernauts.

For example, 2 years ago the singer Renaud debuted with 290k albums the first week in France. In comparison, ARTPOP did 260k in the US where the population is 5 times bigger and only 25k in France

Btw, Gaga should take some notes from Mylène because her tour opening are AMAZING

Ferrer Zorola
20 minutes ago, Florian said:

She's just THAT bitch. She was big during my dad's generation, she was still releasing good contents when I was young. She's been touring in stadiums. She sold out the Stade de France (capacity of 80.000 people)in 2h, they added a 2nd date and she sold it out again. For her last tour she had around 30 concerts in France and 10 of them were in Bercy (capacity of 20.000). That's really impressive ! Her concerts are also displayed in cinema and always beat some records.

French market is also very specific in the sense that it's a very little market for international artists but HUGE for few french juggernauts.

For example, 2 years ago the singer Renaud debuted with 290k albums the first week in France. In comparison, ARTPOP did 260k in the US where the population is 5 times bigger and only 25k in France

Btw, Gaga should take some notes from Mylène because her tour opening are AMAZING

I appreciate the time and dedication to teach me something, thanks! I will be watching these videos ☺️☺️

LIFE IS GOOD

DiscoStyx
26 minutes ago, Florian said:

THANK YOU :tony:

you said it all :applause:

DiscoStyx
2 hours ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Well I don't know if there's one specific reason for that but she's managed to stay relevant through her entire career

she's had commercially successful singles with all her albums (including in the 2010s)

also, there's something very unique about her, which is that she is very rare in the media: a very few interviews and performances besides her concerts during her entire career. so the gp doesn't get tired of her.

between two eras -which can take several years- you don't hear about her at all, she's not on social media and she's very discrete. fans are thus always very excited and ready to buy new music and go to her shows because she makes them that thirsty. for example, she hasn't toured since 2013 and is not expected to before 2019 so fans -and even the gp considering her excellent touring/performing reputation- are dying to see her again

And she always delivers :diane:

Ferrer Zorola
6 minutes ago, gaganow said:

Well I don't know if there's one specific reason for that but she's managed to stay relevant through her entire career

she's had commercially successful singles with all her albums (including in the 2010s)

also, there's something very unique about her, which is that she is very rare in the media: a very few interviews and performances besides her concerts during her entire career. so the gp doesn't get tired of her.

between two eras -which can take several years- you don't hear about her at all, she's not on social media and she's very discrete. fans are thus always very excited and ready to buy new music and go to her shows because she makes them that thirsty. for example, she hasn't toured since 2013 and is not expected to before 2019 so fans -and even the gp considering her excellent touring/performing reputation- are dying to see her again

And she always delivers :diane:

I guess that thirst was what Gaga was going for with The Fane since she was shrouded with mystery even though she did give tons of interviews almost daily

LIFE IS GOOD

Ferrer Zorola
3 hours ago, Florian said:

what’s the name of the song she opens her Timeless tour with? is that the studio version? She looks like what Madonna should really be doing and I honestly hope Gaga takes notes too because the Joanne intro was just a purple countdown :awkney: 

I wonder if Katy Perry and Mylene Farmer have similar budgets because Mylene’s intros look expensive af and Katy even though she has the budget they somehow look cheap... just look at the Witness intro...

LIFE IS GOOD

DiscoStyx
1 hour ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

what’s the name of the song she opens her Timeless tour with? is that the studio version? She looks like what Madonna should really be doing and I honestly hope Gaga takes notes too because the Joanne intro was just a purple countdown :awkney: 

I wonder if Katy Perry and Mylene Farmer have similar budgets because Mylene’s intros look expensive af and Katy even though she has the budget they somehow look cheap... just look at the Witness intro...

It's A force de..., and I hope Gaga takes notes too...

Well, Mylène's two previous tours -Tour 2009 and Timeless 2013- are the most expensive tours ever in France, costing €30,000,000 each.

here's a (short) thread of her iconic tour openings:

Archived