Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is the US Star of This Olympics?

DiscoHeaven23

2018 Olympics  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is totally owning this Olympics?

• Jamie Anderson
    • Nathan Chen
    • Red Gerard
    • Chloe Kim
    • Chris Mazdzer
    • Mirai Nagasu
    • Adam Rippon
    • Maia & Alex Shibutani
    • Lindsey Vonn
    • Shaun White

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Jamie Anderson, 27

Jamie won gold in the women's snowboard slopestyle event and did so in terrible weather conditions

jamie-anderson.jpg

Nathan Chen, 18 

Nathan went into the Olympics as a favorite to win the men's figure skating competition. He received all the fanfare and endorsement deals. In the figure skating team event Nathan had a terrible performance, but Team US did end up winning bronze (therefore, he won it too). In the men's competition, he messed up again in the short program, but redeemed himself in the free skate, rising from #17 to #5. 

RTX4XDBK.jpeg

Red Gerard, 17 

Red earned the first gold medal for the US in the 2018 Olympics. He won for men's snowboard slopestyle. Red wasn't predicted to even medal, but he ended up having an amazing run! He actually overslept for this competition because he stayed up too late watching Netflix the night before :selena:

Red-Gerard.jpg

Chloe Kim, 17

Chloe became the youngest female to win a gold medal in a snowboarding event. Chloe's had a lot of media attention because of her family story. Her father quit his job to help her dreams come true and her parents are both South Korean (she was born in the US). 

afp-zn2nu.jpg

Chris Mazdzer, 29

Chris became the first US men's solo luge athlete to medal at the Olympics, winning the silver medal. This was his 3rd Olympics, he competed in 2010 and 2014. He's also not too bad on the eyes :staymad:

1518483818479.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&text=big-top-image

Mirai Nagasu, 24

At the age of 16, Mirai was the top US female figure skater going into the 2010 Olympics, but failed to medal. She just missed making the 2014 Olympics. In a controversial decision, the Olympic committee chose Ashlee Wagner to go in 2014, over Mirai, even though Mirai scored higher at the Nationals. Well this time Mirai made it to the Olympics and Ashlee just missed making it. Mirai skated in the team competition so far and became the first US female figure skater to land a triple axel at the Olympics. She won a bronze medal for the team competition.

mirai-nagasu-triple-axel-olympic-games.jpg

Adam Rippon, 28

Adam Rippon is one of the oldest male figure skaters at the Olympics. He just barely missed making the 2014 Olympics, but made it this year. Adam has made quite a name for himself at the Olympics for his "feud" with Mike Pence. Adam has charmed audiences with his graceful skating programs at the Olympics, with many people saying he should've scored higher. Adam received a bronze medal for being part of the US figure skating team. Adam has won many people over with his personality. He became the first openly gay winter Olympian.

adam-rippon.jpg

Maia and Alex Shibutani, 23 and 26

The brother and sister ice dancing team skated in the figure skating team competition and blew audiences away. They helped bring the US figure skating team the bronze medal. They will skate in the ice dancing competition tonight (US time). 

maia-shibutani-alex-shibutani.jpg

Lindsey Vonn, 33

Lindsey is the celebrity going into the games. She won a gold and bronze medal at the 2010 Olympics, but couldn't go to the 2014 Olympics because of an injury. Lindsey didn't medal in her first competition at the 2018 Olympics, but has one more to go. Lindsey got all the major endorsement deals going into the Olympics. 

gettyimages-893815386.jpg

Shaun White, 31

Along with Lindsey, Shaun is a celebrity at the games. He's already won a gold medal this year. He has made news this Olympics for a sexual harassment claim launched against him. 

pyeongchang-olympics-snowboard-men_a90f4078-1148-11e8-82d6-43c3cccec057.jpg

GypsyBabe

For sure Chloe Kim. Everyone loves her, shes super nice and talented, and her face is now on every station! 

I stan her tbh. 

⚯͛

I will judge after I'll see some skins, but no, winter Olympics are fully clothes.. this is why nobody cares about them.. I'm waiting for my hot swimmers with tiny speedo.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

SychosSoChic

I mean I hope y'all bomb tbh :sis:

My country only sent 1 athlete, but we're not a winter sports country, and we don't really watch winter olympics anyway so :emma:

Queen Chloe Kim seems pretty cool doe. Hope she does good.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived