💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Best years for pop in the last 10 years?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

2009 TBH.

Though I think Gaga is the biggest reason for 2009 to be considered the best year in pop in the last ten years, here are  my other reasons.

Britney Sprears:

Circus - thought is was technically realised I'm Dec of 2008. 2009 is when it really got big on the radio.

If U Seek Amy

Beyonce

Single Ladies - again thr was released in October of 2008,  but it reached its radio peak in 2009.

Diva

Halo

Ego

Sweet Dreams 

Video Phone w/ Gaga

Rihanna:

Russian Roulette 

Hard

Rude Boy

Rockstar

Te Amo

Madonna 

Celebration

And had the biggest female pop tour Sticky and Sweet Tour until she broke her own record with MDNA.

Mariah Carey 

Obsessed 

Kelly Clarkson:

My Life Would Suck Without You 

I Do Not Hook Up

Already Gone

P!nk:

The first year P!nk does during the 2009 VMA's performing Sober.

Funhouse album was still selling like crazy. 

Sober - reached its radio peak in 2009 or was still charting

Please Don't Leave Me

Alicia Keys:

Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart

Taylor and Kanye feud.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

lost in limbo

2008-2012, the golden age of music

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

DiscoStyx

2008-2012

I think mainstream/pop music went downhill after 2012

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

Mirrion Rizzons
31 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

2009 TBH.

Though I think Gaga is the biggest reason for 2009 to be considered the best year in pop in the last ten years, here are  my other reasons.

Britney Sprears:

Circus - thought is was technically realised I'm Dec of 2008. 2009 is when it really got big on the radio.

If U Seek Amy

Beyonce

Single Ladies - again thr was released in October of 2008,  but it reached its radio peak in 2009.

Diva

Halo

Ego

Sweet Dreams 

Video Phone w/ Gaga

Rihanna:

Russian Roulette 

Hard

Rude Boy

Rockstar

Te Amo

Madonna 

Celebration

And had the biggest female pop tour Sticky and Sweet Tour until she broke her own record with MDNA.

Mariah Carey 

Obsessed 

Kelly Clarkson:

I Do Not Hook Up

Already Gone

P!nk:

Please Don't Leave Me

Alicia Keys:

Taylor and Kanye feud.

rude boy and te amo were 2010 singles though but agreed 2009 makes me so nostalgic and i feel like it was the year that dance music started to dominate

MillionMarkys

Tbh the world went to **** in 2015 with terrorism, divided politics, extreme leftists and righties, North Korea etc etc.

2009-2011 was amazing IMO. :pray:

SlaeUrAnus

2010 was the best.

We had Gaga, Katy, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kesha and many other pop artists with hits.

In my messy era.

JohnnyVersace

I hate people who say everything since 2013 has been ****. 

We've had Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, and Lorde all come out with solid releases. Sure, the Chainsmokers-esque music has taken over, but pop has still persisted.

And don't forget that back in the 2011 days, we were also dealing with LMFAO, Florida Georgia Line, One Direction, PITBULL (:toofunny:), and other awful artists. 

Y'all are ungrateful. 

Economy

I don't remember all the songs I loved specifically by years but in terms of over all pop music eras...

I loved the era of EDM the most... So Britney Spears and Black Eyed peas are big names that kinda introduced it a little in mainstream starting in 2007 and even Cascada also 2006-2007 with Eurovision which is not the same as EDM but it's kinda similar in the sense that it's Dancy and electronic

Lady Gaga later solidified EDM after 2008 and stayed popular until 2012

I'm not as critical as some of y'all... Every year had a lot of music I like but the 2007-2012 EDM the most

Economy
1 hour ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I hate people who say everything since 2013 has been ****. 

We've had Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, and Lorde all come out with solid releases. Sure, the Chainsmokers-esque music has taken over, but pop has still persisted.

And don't forget that back in the 2011 days, we were also dealing with LMFAO, Florida Georgia Line, One Direction, PITBULL (:toofunny:), and other awful artists. 

Y'all are ungrateful. 

The reason music always seems crappier in the present is because when you look back you remember all the highlights and great artists and most people don't remember the mediocre artists or fad artists like LMFAO

In the present you remember who u don't like because they are bothering you right now

When some older ppl talk about music in the past like MJ, Elvis Presley, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Elton John etc etc etc we need to remember that these are the stand outs... There were a lot of mediocre artists back then too nobody remembers now. In fact wasn't the 1980s known as the decade of the 1 hit wonders?

In 10-20 years people will remember the huge names like Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Adele, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, maybe even Katy Perry etc

But the music industry isnt only made up of these ellites. Still people will forget artists like chainsmokers who are fads and exaggerate how great the industry was now by only remembering the top people

Economy
2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

2009 has always been the most iconic year for pop, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, JustLikeHoney said:

2009 TBH.

Britney Sprears:

If U Seek Amy

Beyonce

Diva

Halo

Ego

Sweet Dreams 

Video Phone w/ Gaga

Rihanna:

Russian Roulette 

Hard

Rude Boy

Rockstar

Te Amo

Madonna 

Celebration

Mariah Carey 

Obsessed 

Kelly Clarkson:

I Do Not Hook Up

Already Gone

P!nk:

Please Don't Leave Me

Alicia Keys:

Taylor and Kanye feud.

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Economy said:

The reason music always seems crappier in the present is because when you look back you remember all the highlights and great artists and most people don't remember the mediocre artists or fad artists like LMFAO

In the present you remember who u don't like because they are bothering you right now

When some older ppl talk about music in the past like MJ, Elvis Presley, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Elton John etc etc etc we need to remember that these are the stand outs... There were a lot of mediocre artists back then too nobody remembers now. In fact wasn't the 1980s known as the decade of the 1 hit wonders?

In 10-20 years people will remember the huge names like Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Adele, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, maybe even Katy Perry etc

But the music industry isnt only made up of these ellites. Still people will forget artists like chainsmokers who are fads and exaggerate how great the industry was now by only remembering the top people

This is true, but for some reason even the tragic songs of the 60's, 70's and 80's have a nostalgic quality that really isn't there when you think of the tragicly bad songs of the late 90's, 00's and 10's.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived